• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Naming Link...

T

TwilitSecret7

I normally name my character Link, but add an emoticon, like " Link xD, and Epona =) ; Link 8P, and Epona :D " Except for the one time in OoT when I named Link Zelda so in the beginning She says "Zelda... Somehow that name sounds familiar."

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
One time, when I was little, I got Phantom Hourglass. When I created my first save file, it said: would you like to name your character Kittycas? Naturally, I said 'Okay.' It always occurred to me that the name 'Kittycas' was rather odd, but I never gave it much thought. Years later, while scrolling my DS lite, I came upon my DS name. It was Kittycas. I realized, then, that the game simply took the name of my DS and gave it to my character in Phantom Hourglass. But why was my DS named Kittycas, anyway? Ah... here's the stupidest part; I tried to write 'kittycat' but mis-spelled it. Not only that! But it also never occurred to me that Kittycas was suspiciously close to Kittycat! Nor did it occur to me, that it was my DS name. I'd completely forgotten. Now is that story pathetic, or what? I was small. I'm not that oblivious, now.

Now, I name him Link, and his horse Epona. I try to keep it canon. I always confused my friend saying 'I just killed Kittycas!' '....who is Kittycas?' she would say.

That's my story about names.

BTW, that was my first Zelda game, so I didn't know his name was supposed to be Link.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I always name my first file "Antien", my Elvish name, because I can.

My second playthrough (typically a minimalist one) is always Link, for no real good reason. And Epona in TP was just Epona.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I like to give my characters their canon name but there's nothing wrong with calling Link something stupid. I love Yahtzee's review of Ocarina of Time 3D when he called Link '**** me', and describes how him and Navi went into a cave and Navi goes '**** me it's cold in here!' Still funny, even after all this time...

But, yeah, I like to just be boring and stick to canon names, in most games. I actually like roleplaying when playing a game too, so for stuff like Skyrim, give my character, say a High Elf, a royal-sounding name fitting a High Elf, so not Dave, and play them like they would act in the game, some big, arrogant mage. I do like making my own little scenarios like that, too. But can't really do that in Zelda.

Nightcaller17

Destroyer of Souls
The first time I played, my dad actually named Link Cassie. I was like 4 at the time. :I Now, I usually stick with Link. Unless I think he's cute. Then I'll name him someone that I think is cute i.e. Toby/Tobuscus( :P ), or I'll call him Zane. In TP, I just left Epona as Epona. No reason to change her name.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I almost always name him Link , although recently i've just started calling him Jade sometimes.
Since I don't really like TP enough to go back and play that often I don't get to name a horse alot. But I always just named her Epona cause its her name.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Epona isn't a stallion. She's a mare.

Mare = adult female horse
Filly = young female horse
Stallion = adult uncut male horse
Colt= young male horse
Gelding = castrated adult male horse
Foal = general baby horse

Know your equine terminology! (It's a little thing, but it bothers me when people get it glaringly wrong... I thought Mare = female and stallion = male was common knowledge).

Anyway, I like to keep them as "Link" and "Epona," but occasionally go with "Shadsie" for Link and I once named Epona after my current cat.

My guy likes to go with "LinkBOB" - both because his name is Bob, and because it sounds hillbilly-like and Bob likes to pretend that "LinkBOB" is a half-braindead yokel who can't stop chasing squirrels. At least, that's how it was when he played through Twilight Princess. It was funny, because he does cartoon-voices.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
This is true, and its kinda weird:

I got OoT when I was around 6 or 7. When I first loaded up the first save file and had that enter a name screen, I actually had no idea what to do. So I put in the name 0987 and hit enter. Why? No idea. I didn't figure out his name was Link until I read the game booklet about a year later.

Now its tradition for me to start every Zelda game I play with the name 0987. After the first playthrough, though, I revert back to Link.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Already made the mare/stallion correction :) And:
My guy likes to go with "LinkBOB" - both because his name is Bob, and because it sounds hillbilly-like and Bob likes to pretend that "LinkBOB" is a half-braindead yokel who can't stop chasing squirrels. At least, that's how it was when he played through Twilight Princess. It was funny, because he does cartoon-voices.
Hilarious. You should SO draw a hillbilly LinkBob. And last I heard, you were trying to get him into Zelda, so yay that you finally did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom