• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Name That Plot Hole!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is just a "for fun" thread. Talk about any plot holes in the Zelda games. For example,
in Ocarina of Time, Link defeats Ganon seven years in the future after he conquered Hyrule and turned it into a monster-filled world of desolation and despair, instead of defeating him in the past before he even came to power in the first place.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
This is just a "for fun" thread. Talk about any plot holes in the Zelda games. For example, in Ocarina of Time, Link defeats Ganon seven years in the future after he conquered Hyrule and turned it into a monster-filled world of desolation and despair, instead of defeating him in the past before he even came to power in the first place.

But...but doesn't he then correct this by returning to the past and warning the king before ganondorf has a chance to take over? :hmm: At least that's what I thought unless I'm mistaken...

Ok my turn =]

In OoT, Nabooru looks exactly the same (age) when your a child as she does 7 years later after you rescue her. While I think a lot of characters can get away with looking the same, I'm pretty sure Nabooru should look visibly older ^^ That counts right?

Actually, I just thought of this next one, OoT also. The Lon Lon Milk you get as a child......7 years later, it should be pretty disgustingly expired right? :P

Last edited:
But...but doesn't he then correct this by returning to the past and warning the king before ganondorf has a chance to take over? :hmm: At least that's what I thought unless I'm mistaken...

Ok my turn =]

In OoT, Nabooru looks exactly the same (age) when your a child as she does 7 years later after you rescue her. While I think a lot of characters can get away with looking the same, I'm pretty sure Nabooru should look visibly older ^^ That counts right?

Actually, I just thought of this next one, OoT also. The Lon Lon Milk you get as a child......7 years later, it should be pretty disgustingly expired right? :P

On your plot hole.. wel at least her hair should have grown..

And the lon lon milk is magical so it will never spoil also those scary cows can laugh at you (in majoras mask they can)

so my thingy.

this one actually really is a plot hole.

when link is an adult and you enter the windmill there is a very angry man playing the song of storms.
He is angry because some stupid kid played the sond of storms 7 years ago on his ocarina.
later in the game you find out that you are the kid.

BUT.

How can there ever be a child timeline with other events while that windmill guy is so angy at you for something That still has to happen when you first encounter him?
This completely screws up the timeline and therefore twilight princess could never have happened in the child timeline.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
This completely screws up the timeline and therefore twilight princess could never have happened in the child timeline.

No, it really doesn't. Most people believe the timeline doesn't really split until

Zelda sends you back in the end

As for mine...

How does Link's Kokiri Tunic still fit him after he becomes an adult?

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
In Majora's Mask,

How is Kafei able to get up to the Ikana Canyon where Sakon's hideout is? As capable and athletic as Link is, he can't get up there without the Garo mask and hookshot.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Lol, nice discussions. :D Here's mine:

(Twilight Princess Spoilers)

How do the Bulbins get to Gerudo Desert when Link can only get there at first using Falbi's cannon? Do the Bulbins use Falbi's cannon? O_O

Where do the fissures in Gerudo Desert lead to?

Who made the Cave of Ordeals?

(The Wind Waker spoilers)

Why doesn't Gohma's fire burn up the Grappling Hook?

Why are Seahats so much bigger than Peahats?! O_O

These are necessary questions!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
To answer your part about the Bulbins same way as the twilight creatures enter the Hyrule through the warping.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Why does Link in Majora's Mask still keep his main items and masks when he goes back in time? And why doesn't the banker lose the money when you go back in time? To him, shouldn't he technically have never gotten the money?

Nicole

luke is my wife
To answer your part about the Bulbins same way as the twilight creatures enter the Hyrule through the warping.

Since when do Bulbins warp, though? I don't recall seeing them use the same method of warping as the Twilit creatures use. Or any form of warping, for that matter. I know King Bulbin has a horn to call his minions to his side, but I haven't seen them warp. I really don't think they do. Otherwise, why would they need Bullbos?

Did you see them warp somewhere, Hylian Knight?

This is just a "for fun" thread. Talk about any plot holes in the Zelda games. For example,
in Ocarina of Time, Link defeats Ganon seven years in the future after he conquered Hyrule and turned it into a monster-filled world of desolation and despair, instead of defeating him in the past before he even came to power in the first place.

An answer to that would be that Link can't wield the master sword when he's young. :\

It doesn't work like that, otherwise Link wouldn't need to transform into a wolf every time you wanted to use the warps to travel somewhere. You need to have the ability to exist in the twilight the same way that Link can. Basically, to use those warps you need to have been integrated with the twilight.

Why doesn't Link lose all his memories when he travels back through time? Physically he returns to his younger self, reversing what's happened to his body as time has passed, yet he doesn't forget anything. In theory he should lose his memories as the pathways in his brain would also be reversed. What stops this?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
We never see the bulbins use warping in game but that doesn't mean they don't use them.

We do see bulbins in the Twilight Realm without being ghosts.

insanity76

To him, shouldn't he technically have never gotten the money?

Nor placed the stamp on Link's forehead to identify him by. Which brings up another one, if the stamp was placed on the Link's Deku head, why would it be visible on Link's Hylian head?

Yes i know.

but still he remembers something that at that point could not have happened.
unless time says "ive have already calculated this in the timeline" therefore no matter what he does the windmillman will get upset and if this is true it will also be like that for other events.

And how do i insert spoilertags?

cause this one made me think of another one.

Nor placed the stamp on Link's forehead to identify him by. Which brings up another one, if the stamp was placed on the Link's Deku head, why would it be visible on Link's Hylian head?

Because he said it was special ink so who knows on wich places that stamp was visible.

insanity76

For spoilertags, type [ spoiler ] *spoiler message* [ / spoiler ] (but without any spaces within the brackets)

How is it possible that all of the events in the adult timeline dont happen in the child timeline while link puts the master sword to rest at the end of ocarina of time?
that mean he still pulled it out of its pedestal in the first place. And if you answer with "bacause zelda send him back before ganondorf took over" then why arent there 2 master swords?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom