• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Name Something Bad

onebizarrekai

gay energy
This is a bit negative ._. Poor Twilight Princess...

But the world was a bit boring, and the majority of the game was dungeons, as if the only reason for the overworld's existence is to separate the dungeons.

Salem

SICK
This is a bit negative ._. Poor Twilight Princess...

But the world was a bit boring, and the majority of the game was dungeons, as if the only reason for the overworld's existence is to separate the dungeons.
Really? I thought there was too much time spent on the over world, different perspectives I guess.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well I do love the game don't get me wrong. It was one of my most fav games for a long time but after playing it +100 times it starts to annoy me now.
Points I disliked or didn;t make sense to me:
- The order. Although this is not the only game what forces you to go to one specific Dungeon at the time. I believe ST did the same and so did SS if I am correct but I don't remember exactly because I only played SS once. I like to explore and run around but in TP it is limited. You cannot go further than the area you are currently at. I tried to go to Snowpeak ruins after Arbiter's Ground. I can dream the way but was pulled back everytime. While in Oot you can get the hoover boots in the Shadow Temple and then you don't even have to finish the temple but can go directly to the Spirit Temple if you like and cross Gerudo Desert.
- Midna not allowing you to warp around others. Okay turning into a wolf among others is something I at least can understand but not warp? This makes absolutely no sense and why? Because if you use Ooccoo jr after you warp out of a Dungeon and walk in kakariko Village he doesn't say: you cannot warp here. It might scare people away. He asks you if you want to return to his momma and you say yes and he warps you out. Even in front of Beth's nose!
- The forced sidequests like gathering the tears and the missing page. Yes those are very easy but very very boring
- That freaking annoying postman! I really wish I could eat him
- The huge overworld without much to do than just digging up rupees and hearts

Salem

SICK
^Vanessa
I wouldn't call collecting the tears a side quest cause it's a required event to progress in the game. Also what missing pages are you talking about? I'm replaying the game now and I haven't a clue what it is. other than that I agree with everything you say.

Also, I didn't like how you couldn't get the warping until either you're a wolf or after Zelda "sacrifices" herself for Midna(she also shows up at the end safe and sound, what's the meaning of the sacrifice, then?)

Also the postman, there's a way to "kill" him in the game.:D

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Something(s) bad:

1. Ilia
2. Midna
3. Boring
4. Using grass to play songs
5. Empty overworld
6. Easy
7. Sucky minitasks
8. Tries too hard
9. Useless items...................

ok ok you get the point no?

So many things were wrong with this game. Not to say I didn't like it; I did for the most part, but there's also so many things that annoy me about it, which put me off replaying it (I have a few times but I avoid replaying more than I do almost any other, apart from Minish Cap). I think it had so much potential as a great game that the disappointments stand out in it more than they would in a game where the expectations weren't raised so much. I wouldn't say people hate it though. It's just flawed.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
^Vanessa
I wouldn't call collecting the tears a side quest cause it's a required event to progress in the game. Also what missing pages are you talking about? I'm replaying the game now and I haven't a clue what it is. other than that I agree with everything you say.

Also, I didn't like how you couldn't get the warping until either you're a wolf or after Zelda "sacrifices" herself for Midna(she also shows up at the end safe and sound, what's the meaning of the sacrifice, then?)

Also the postman, there's a way to "kill" him in the game.:D

It is not about if you agree with me or not. This is just what I dislike. People don't have to agree or disagree. The skybook pages you must find to enter the cannon room. I know it is a necessary thing to do (both collecting tears and pages) but still I see it as some forced sidequests

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Item usage is another thing I'm mixed about. On one hand, yeah, the spinner should have been used more...on the other hand, I don't want developers utilizing an item for no other reason except for the item to be utilized more. I feel they should add whatever puzzles they want without worrying too much about how often they were using an item.

This actually brings another issue that I hadn't thought of and that's the fact that the spinner isn't a good item to begin with. I never really noticed it before because they didn't use the spinner too much. Was it fun with Stallord and the dungeon? Yeah. But...there's only so many times you can add spinner rails somewhere without it being pointless. There's no unique puzzles the spinner offers. The best they could have done is added a spinner mini game with multiple tracks where you'd have to actually spin for awhile and try to stay on. But this type of mini game could have been done without actually adding the item in. In short, the spinner kinda feels like a lose-lose situation. If they use it too much, it leads to increasingly stale puzzles. If they don't use it enough, it's a one-time item. I think they just kept it in because they had so much fun using it while it was around.

Easiness has been around for awhile and while I admit there has been one game that annoyed me with it, it still feels like a poor criticism to be had. That's like criticizing Sesame Street as being too childish. A more legitimate complaint would be that a game is too difficult--even if I personally want more difficulty.

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Zelda is like seasme street, that explains why it counted how many rupees rupees were worth everytime you turned the console back on.

MW7

- The order. Although this is not the only game what forces you to go to one specific Dungeon at the time. I believe ST did the same and so did SS if I am correct but I don't remember exactly because I only played SS once.
You're right- Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword both only allow one dungeon progression. Phantom Hourglass is the only recent game to let you mess around with different dungeon orders. This is weird considering how this used to be the norm. Of the first six games in the series (LOZ to MM), only Link's Awakening had a strict dungeon progression. At least Skyward Sword lets you choose how to proceed in the song of the hero quest though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom