• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Name Something Bad

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's linear out the ***, has Midna and Ilia, a failed love interest thing (like SS Zelda), too easy, plot is jumping around and the tone isn't taken seriously.

Graphically, it's too blurry.

Salem

SICK
The thing with TP, when I'm in a dungeon, I'm having a good time, but when I'm doing a task to get tot he next dungeon, I get bored really fast, its way more cinematic than needed.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
My main problems are actually what the game didn't do...like having Hidden Skills being part of the main quest and have enemies built around them. In terms of what the game did that I didn't like...only one thing comes to mind and that's the rupee notification.

I suppose there's also putting rupees back in the chest...that's annoyed me and saved me, so I'm 50/50 on that.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
the plot had little to no focus on what all the other games were based around. The story was about Midna--Who, don't get me wrong, was a great character and all--not about the triforce and Link. It seems to be more of a side story than anything else, like MM and AoL, yet it's treated as a part of the main story line. They should've called it the Legend of Midna, since there was such a stunning lack of Zelda in it.

I also don't understand why you had Epona, besides the missions obviously. You were a wolf 50% of the time and with al the warp points I never used her.

MW7

The one thing that bothered me the most was that the game wouldn't let you do dungeons in different orders. The freedom to mess around with the game's progression is one of my favorite aspects of several games in the series. What makes Twilight Princess annoying beyond other games that restrict the game's progression is the fact that a few circumstances make it seem like the game could easily have been altered to allow for player choice. First off the four people who lead you to the four mirror shard dungeons are introduced at once. At this point even on a first playthrough you could figure out where the next four dungeons are by talking to these people. It would make sense to let the player have at least some amount of choice in how to proceed rather than only allow for one path. Second, the dungeon items aren't very useful outside of their respective dungeons so there was little or no reason to restrict the order based on gameplay. Furthermore the ball and chain would have been useful in the Arbiter's Grounds because of all the skeleton enemies. Third and most bizarre to me is the fact that the ice that blocks the path to Snowpeak melts after completing Lakebed. The game opens up a small portion of a future area of the game after the third dungeon but prevents you from reaching the dungeon in that area until completing the fourth dungeon. So basically for people like me who actively explore to see if you can do things in different orders this was a tease because on first impression when a barrier is removed it implies that the area is open. However in this case the ice melting only provides false hope because the game stops you from reaching Snowpeak Ruins. So in summary I really enjoy this aspect of Zelda games, and Twilight Princess more so than any other game was a slap in the face to me in this respect. The game could have easily been just as open-ended as Ocarina of Time with minor changes, and I believe the game designers simply wasted a lot of potential by making the game so pointlessly close-ended. So the game's not bad; it's just that I go into Zelda games really looking for freedom. Twilight Princess not only lacked it but left several hints at how much more open it easily could have been.

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Copycat. . . lol. TP is a great game, but I feel like it failed to provide difficulty; especially on my second and third playthroughs. There was never a Second Quest or anything to add up the difficulty. I know Nintendo needs to appeal to young kids, but seriously dudes add Second Quest as a standard feature ( and really separate it from the original game!)

I think Twilight Princess is an excellent game (one of my favorites), but I did hate some things in it. First I hated how the overworld was really empty. And the second, but the most imported was that the items found later in the game. Like the Ball and Chain, and the dominion rod. There wasn't much use of them outside their dungeons, so they were pretty useless.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
FLY DOGGY FLY ... But not when you think you could easily make that jump.

Light bugs
Super light bug

I would have liked the wolf if it were done implemented a bit better.

The flow of the game, its like everything between dungeons were simply there to obstruct your linear progression.

Bridges gone wild yo

Most of the map is literally walled off till later on in the game

twili guards jumping down from the sky when ever you do finally get allowed to enter a new area.

oh look its ganon

Illia, poor Link if only you could talk, why is no one else explaining to this girl who he is?

Midna not letting me turn into a wolf when I feel like it, I don't care if there are people around, didn't stop me in Majora's Mask.

Did I mention : where did all the bridges go?

Bosses, looked awesome, but link sneezed and they died. All bosses repeated cycle of "oh look here's a weak spot" stun, slash with sword a few times and repeat till dead. They didn't vary that for a single boss in the game.

Sword skills, cool on paper but end up watering the game down. Shield bash and feint attack OP. And you semi required shield bash unless you used bombs to defeat lizafols.

Combat paused to make noises and flash when you hit an enemy, even if only briefly.

Enemies that were meant to block simply just blocked, there was 0 directional variation, so Iron Knuckles + other enemies that blocked would block 100% of the time they felt like it despite the fact you were behind them and their guard was facing forward.

The intro took seriously way too long (everything up until the first dungeon). Like it more then over stayed its welcome, I just wanted to start playing the game already.

Forced everything order.

Items not reused in next dungeons, so again you must ask why did midna care so much what order we collected fragments in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom