• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mystery Dungeon

I bought Pokemon mystery dungeon blue rescue team for £10 from game about 4-5 months ago. Never got round to playing it...i will one day :)

Fig

The Altruist
I love Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. It's original, it's unique, and its fun to come up with new strategies. What I really love about Mystery Dungeon, is that the layout of each dungeon (even if you return to a familiar dungeon) is never the same and always has its own set of Pokémon throughout the entire dungeon. I hope Nintendo will create another Pokémon Mystery Dungeon that will feature the fifth generation of Pokémon! I would then be an Oshawott with my trusty partner Snivy! ^^

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I adore the Mystery Dungeon series. I love the sense of exploration it provides, and being able to construct a solid team to tag along with me. I'm also very fond of the storylines from each game, and the gameplay provided as well. In addition, I like the idea of being able to help your friends on rescue missions if they fainted while trying to do it by themselves. It shows a good sense of teamwork, which I thought somewhat showed the games true colors.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I played Blue Rescue Team a while back. I have some pretty good memories of that game; I really enjoyed it. I'm a Skitty ("Hasty" nature, apparently?) and my partner is a Chikorita. And I named my team the Poké Pals, which is the default name in Time and Darkness. Like a boss.

I personally love the direction mystery dungeon takes as a Pokemon game. Also being able to actually be a Pokemon and part of a team without being controlled by a trainer is brilliant. I am seriously hoping they make a new gen of the series soon.

I've played Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Darkness and I've enjoyed both. Unlike Pokemon Ranger and Shadows of Almia, they were different enough for me to play through the two and feel that I was playing two different games. On top of that, both had quite interesting plots too, particularly the plot for Red Rescue Team. I did dislike that it was quite hard to get the pokemon you wanted to be at the start of the game without a guide to help you, but that doesn't really take anything away from either game.

The biggest annoyance was how hard and time consuming it was to recruit some of the legendaries, like Mew. It was frustrating to just try and find him and infuriating if you didn't manage to recruit him because you had wasted so much time and had to go through it all again. This meant that once I did manage to recruit it, I found myself unable to start a new file on the game because I'd have to go through all that again to get certain pokemon back. I guess I'd have liked it more if they let you have at least 2 save slots instead of one.

Last edited:

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I find them lots of fun, but VERY tedious when you get to the 99 floor dungeons. Sky is hard at the "Hidden Land" or whatever dungeon before Dialga.

99 floor dungeons... Dear lord... Only once have I ever completed one without cheats, and that was the Celebi dungeon on pmd 1. The closest I've been besides that was floor 87 in the first games equivalent of aegis cave ( I think). But that is what I love about the game! Tonnes of stuff todo after the story line!

U

Ushio

I love EOS so much I've literally played through it four or five times. All the way. 100% completion. I still love it, but it's hard to focus while playing it because I know the story so well.

99 floor dungeons... Dear lord... Only once have I ever completed one without cheats, and that was the Celebi dungeon on pmd 1. The closest I've been besides that was floor 87 in the first games equivalent of aegis cave ( I think). But that is what I love about the game! Tonnes of stuff todo after the story line!

In Red Rescue Team, I literally got to Floor 98 of the Silver Trench and got killed in one hit by a Lanturn with Flail. I'm not a very emotional man, but I think I just about passed out.

I have Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Darkness, and I enjoyed them both immensely. They have deep replay value and amazing stories considering the game's are not entirely mature in their handling of them. I'd love to see Chunsoft make another one, but with most of the kinks ironed out. The games, particularly their bosses, seem to be based more on luck and thorough packing before the trip than actual skill or strategy. A lot of bosses and even common enemies can kill you in one hit (just like that Lanturn in the Silver Trench), which really isn't something you can do anything about. Moves should have individual strengths and attributes in a very similar vein to the mainstream Pokemon games - Fury Attack is a mild but tactical move in the main games while it's potentially the most devastating attack in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and it's usually learned very early. In addition, why choose Hydro Pump over Bubblebeam when they both do the same amount of damage, but Bubblebeam has more PP and the chance to slow down enemies? Moves and skills are very unbalanced in PMD, and it's something they desperately need to change.

There's a lot I could say about what PMD's future should look like, but that's probably best left for another time. I liked the games and I want to see them make some more, just with a much more...professional approach, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom