• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline

Just my own theory and opinion. I appreciate any feedback too (but nothing too harsh please) ;)

.............LoZ - AoL - WW - PH - ST
...Adult.../
SS - OoT
...Child...\
.............MM - TP - MC - FS - FSA - ALttP - OoS/OoA - LA

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Maybe you could explain a little your timeline. Just posting a nice looking constellation of the games is pointless without a proper explanation of your placing for each game.
I'm interested in your placement of the original Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link. First time I see this.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
LoZ and AoL cannot come between WW and OoT, I'm afraid, since WW's legend tells of OoT's adventure, and how when Ganon returned he went unchallenged. This is in direct contradiction with what happens in LoZ/AoL where he is not only challenged, but killed and prevented from being revived.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Just my own theory and opinion. I appreciate any feedback too (but nothing too harsh please) ;)

...Adult.../
SS - OoT
...Child...\

To be honest, it looks fine except for LoZ/AoL. In addition to what Satsy posted, having LoZ and AoL before TWW completely screws over the progression/state of the Triforce (OoT Ganon has it, AoL it's in the great castle, TWW Ganon has it, etc.) The best place to put LoZ and AoL are after ALttP (or after LA in your timeline) as was originally intended.

Very good first timeline.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Nothing comes between OoT and WW because the legend said of a time of peace between the games.
Also, you forgot the direct sequel slashes, which makes it easier to read. But, overall, it's a good timeline from a new member.

.............LoZ/AoL -- WW/PH -- ST
...Adult.../
SS - OoT
...Child...\
.............MM -- TP -- MC -- FS/FSA -- ALttP/OoX/LA

Like that?

I just cannot see how LoZ and AoL can go anywhere else in the timeline, especially after TWW. I don't see how that can be the new Hyrule. Where's the trains and the technology? How can they take place after ALttP when Ganon was already killed? I put the games there because the story of LoZ talks about how there was once chaos in the world a long time ago and IMO, it's talking about the chaos that occured in OoT when Ganon stole the Triforce of Power. When Ganon was sealed he still retained the Trifoce of Power and years pass and that's when he breaks free of his seal and causes chaos again in Hyrule which is in LoZ and that also leads a new Princess Zelda to scatter pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom. Yes I know that he dies in this game but it was the first time that he died after breaking free of his seal. Just like how he died in ALttP with the silver arrows. In OoX games twinrova revives him but in AoL his underlings tried to revive him. So two separate timelines where Ganon is killed with the silver arrows and he's trying to be revived, see where I'm getting at? I also believe that at the end of the adult timeline the people of Hyrule honored the Hero of Time and the sages for helping seal the Ganon by naming the towns after the sages which is found in AoL and making a statue of Link in Hyrule Castle but also moving the master sword beneath it which is found in TWW. This just makes more sense to me and that's why I put the games there. I'll admit that there's that contradiction on how Ganon is back and he has the Triforce of Power but he came back somehow and stole the Triforce of Power again :P lol
Whatever, there's really no perfect timeline is there? ;)

Last edited:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
...Adult.../
SS - OoT
...Child...\
Good theory, but there is in-game proof that no games can come between OoT and WW in the Adult (or Paradox) timeline. In the intro, it says that an evil whatever came to rule over Hyrule, and the citizens of Hyrule waited for a hero would come to save them, as the Hero of Time did all those years ago. Other than that, I don't have enough information to help prove/disprove parts of your theory. Keep going on! It's a pretty good theory!

Pinecove

Last Chance
I just cannot see how LoZ and AoL can go anywhere else in the timeline, especially after TWW. I don't see how that can be the new Hyrule. Where's the trains and the technology?

Aonuma has said technology does not matter to timeline placement.

How can they take place after ALttP when Ganon was already killed?

Ganon re-incarnated. He is a demon at the end of AlttP after all. This is not unheard of in Japanese mythology. The body dies, but the soul is simple sealed in the realm of the dead until such a time comes when the body re-incarnates.

I put the games there because the story of LoZ talks about how there was once chaos in the world a long time ago and IMO, it's talking about the chaos that occured in OoT when Ganon stole the Triforce of Power.

The chaos is just that - chaos. It isn't reffering to anything really. Just horrible events, which are to be expected.

When Ganon was sealed he still retained the Trifoce of Power and years pass and that's when he breaks free of his seal and causes chaos again in Hyrule which is in LoZ and that also leads a new Princess Zelda to scatter pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom.

No that's TWW when he escapes from the OoT seal. Besides, how would he have come back for TWW when he was dead? How would he have retained the Triforce of Power for TWW when Link took it from him at the end of LoZ?

Yes I know that he dies in this game but it was the first time that he died after breaking free of his seal.

...Your point? Breaking a seal has nothing to do with the effects of death.

Just like how he died in ALttP with the silver arrows. In OoX games twinrova revives him but in AoL his underlings tried to revive him. So two separate timelines where Ganon is killed with the silver arrows and he's trying to be revived, see where I'm getting at?

No. There is no evidence that LoZ Ganon was revived, and at that point, Ganondorf is still human, so he can't have re-incarnated.

I'll admit that there's that contradiction on how Ganon is back and he has the Triforce of Power but he came back somehow and stole the Triforce of Power again :P lol

Then why bother putting it there in the first place? LoZ after ALttP works. After OoT and before OoT, you have to literally make stuff up to make it fit there. Not to mention that Aonuma has never mentioned LoZ while discussing TWW's relationship to OoT.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. One day, a man of great evil found this power and took it for himself, and with it at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then...just as all hope had died, a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding a blade that repelled evil, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This boy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend. And then a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom, and the great evil once again crept forth from the depths of the earth. The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them. But the hero did not appear...

This indicates that nothing happened in-between the time span of OoT and WW until Ganon(dorf) broke out of his seal. There was no hero to stop him when he did, as Link went back to his own time. This makes it impossible for the original two games to take place where they are in this theory. Plus, with Ganon dead at the end of LoZ, how is he sealed in the Sacred Realm later and alive?

Other than that, it's pretty good. If you're placing the FSS after TP because of the "'dark interloper'/Dark Tribe" thing, however, the Mirror of Twilight was broken at the end of TP, creating a direct contradiction with the Dark Mirror being in tact in FSA. If that's not why, then I can't say anything on it unless I learn why.

Last edited:
Obviously, my timeline that I made up isn't as good as I hoped for, or at least where I put LoZ and AoL. Yes, I did overlook some things and I have thought it through and your right, LoZ and AoL cannot take place between OoT and TWW. Though to be quite honest I actually was trying to come up with something new and original and I thought I had something figured out that possibly could have worked but seems it as thought it doesn't work. As a new member I feel quite embarrassed actually but hey, I'm still new to this too so at least give me credit for trying something new. But also I just wanted to let you know that my intentions was to not come here and create a debate over this it was merely to show you what I believe in, nothing more nothing less. So, I will be more than happy to come up with another timeline that I believe in and I will let you know what it is as soon as I can.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Slash Dart: I wouldn't worry -- we're all still trying to figure this out ourselves! ;) Having a second set of eyes to point out what you missed is, unless I miss my guess, the point of the theory forum, where you get hundreds of extra eyes for good measure!

As has been said, a lot of what you have there is sound. The classic games in the series (1-4) and the Capcom published titles are probably the hardest to place at the moment, and I think we're all stumbling over the contradictions of placing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom