• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline (redone)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
....../TWW/PH-ST--LoZ/AoL \
OOT OoS/OoA
......\MM-TP-MC-FS/FSA--ALttP/LA/

There is no reason why the timelines need to merge. I do agree with your child timeline placements, except for MC. I am one of those people that puts MC first. We don't need to debate why or why not it goes there as that has been done a million times on a million different threads here, it's just my personal placement of the game. Here is what I see wrong with your idea of the timeline and how you portray it.

1. The merge. Why do you have a merge? Merges make absolutely no sense. I understand that some of the older games are hard to place but that's not because Nintendo has thrown a secret merge into the timeline, it's because those games were made before a tiemline was being pursued. A marge makes much more problems then it fixes. You're suggesting that two completely different dimensions (adult timeline and child timeline) somehow become one. That would mean that one dimension's Link and Zelda and any other duplicates would have to disappear to make one person. There can only be one true history and one true Link and one true Zelda and so on and so forth. It's way too messy of an idea for Nintendo to successfully pull off.

2. Based on the original intent of ALTTP and the Miyamoto Order, LoZ/AoL should be on the same timeline as ALTTP. I don't care what side of the timeline you put them on, I put them on the child timeline, but they should be on the same timeline as the whole point of ALTTP was to give you history of the characters and the enemy in LoZ/AoL. Makes no sense for ALTTP to be giving you the history of a monster that doesn't even exist in the same dimension as ALTTP.

3. As for your portrayal of the timeline, be careful how you word your thoughts. In many aspects of your posts you sound as if there is no way you can be wrong and there were even a couple remarks that sounded a little condescending. You have a THEORY. It's not fact until Aonuma/Miyamoto says it is. Personally I don't give a rat's behind what Miyamoto says. Aonuma is the man with the plan.

As for the whole thing you said about how some games reference things from other timelines means that there is a merge, let me shed some light on that for you.

MM takes place on the child timeline. The only reason Termina doesn't get destroyed is because Link was there to save the day. Without Link there, Termina would have been destroyed. I think it's safe to say that Termina was probably destroyed on the adult timeline, yet in WW, on Phantom Ganon's sword, there is Hylian writing that says "Zubora Gabora" which are the names of the blacksmiths in MM that are from Termina. Does this mean that we should put WW on the child timeline or is it just an easter egg? Let me give you a hint, it's an easter egg. Just because one game on one timeline references a game on the other timeline does not mean that there is a merge. Be careful how you weigh your evidence.

I'll make a believer out of you yet lol.

Good luck. Regardless of any disputes SoJ and I have had in the past, he is a good theorist and he knows what he's talking about. You can have whatever credentials you want but so far I'm not convinced that you're as good of a theorist as you think you are. I don't think you will be turning anyone here onto the idea of a merged timeline, but best of luck if that's the path you're going to take.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
Haha, well I apologize if I sound pretentious, I don't mean to sound that way. I know my idea isn't 100% and no one's can be. I won't pursue much into the merger theory as I'd like to, like you said, it's very hard to put all that together. I do want to keep it open as a possibility though, and with some stuff I've found in ST, I do have somethings to support but not enough. My number one reason though (and this is based on my idea of the timeline, not saying I'm 100% about it) that I place the Oracles on different sides and at the end is because of the ending of LoZ and the ending of ALttP (if on seperate sides). Both endings end in the good guys getting the full Triforce thus sending Link on 2 quests. But still, I don't want to release my own timeline post until I have at least less than doubtful reasons to back it up and it is still a work in progress. My buddy and I are going back through all the games again, something we haven't done since we were kids but we're doing it anyways.

I guess my reasons for ALttP being on different sides of the timeline than LoZ/AoL are based upon landscape and lack of certain races (or the Zora's being enemies in earlier games). Like I said though, my friend and I are still in the midst of finishing all the games again so we can have better clarity to support our ideas. But you could be right too, that's the problem with these things is that no one's gonna nail it on the head.

Thanks for the feedback, I must admit you did open my eyes to some oversights I may have missed and for that I thank you Z. I'm not some jack-off though that thinks I'm totally right, and again, sorry if I came off that way. As far as my credentials go... I just play Zelda games lol. I don't preach to be all knowing but I've had these games since childhood and I can't even begin to tell you how addicted I am to the series!

I don't want to spoil anything for people that haven't played Spirit Tracks yet... there's some evidence, whether definitive or not at this point, at least suggests that things on both timelines are present in one game. How do you have something from Hyrule A and then something from Hyrule B take place in one game unless something happened that merged Hyrule for good?
Are you talking about force gems/force? If-so those are just made from life force, and can appear anywhere.
Oh, and before you bring up the point that my timeline theory may be wrong because of two different things happening in one game, just wait. Timeline video coming soon where my friend and I will piece everything together. I've been playing Zelda since I could walk. I had a Nintendo controller in my hand before I was out of diapers. I'll make a believer out of you yet lol.
How long you've been playing Zelda doesn't make much of a difference in theorizing... I've been playing OoT since I was 3 :P

Oh and welcome Evil Space Fish, btw :P

I also recommend you check out some of the other older theorizing forums (ZeldaUniverse, ZeldaInformer, LegendsAlliance) to get some idea of some other influential theories.

ZD theorizing is pretty new, so there haven't really been any big influential theories to originate from here; checking out some of the other forums to get an idea of some other theories would probably help you out.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
Oh and welcome Evil Space Fish, btw :P

Thanks man! That's cool that you got hooked on Zelda at an early age too. You're right, it doesn't matter when you started or how long you've played, in fact, being younger playing these games prolly gives you better memory than my aging behind lol. I look forward to debating with you about the timelines. Like I told Zeman, I don't mean to sound pretentious or anything so I apologize if I come off that way.

Thanks for the links to those theory sites, I'll definatly take a look.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
He basically said everything I was going to say, but I was going to add more detail then my computer shut down after I finished writing and I lost the motivation to write.

Megamannt, LA is not confirmed to be after ALTTP. It's just what is generally believed. You will find plenty of people that put LA after OoX. I personally put it after ALTTP as a direct sequel, but it is not 100% confirmed that that is where it actually goes.

Everything else you said I agree with.

Paulie, you need to pay a little bit closer attention to detail in the games. You missed a lot of obvious things. Read other people's timeline theories then try again.
The final battle with Nightmare implied it goes after ALTTP.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The final battle with Nightmare implied it goes after ALTTP.

Yes, it does imply that and I agree that LA is a direct sequel to ALTTP but it's not 100% confirmed or fact. It's debated a lot. Also, something that SoJ pointed out is that if you consider one enemy as a timeline placer then you have to use all of them. There are more exclusive enemies between OoX and LA than with LA and ALTTP. This would suggest that OoX goes before LA, which would make it fit nicely after ALTTP and before LA as a direct prequel.

Of course, I don't believe that it really matters. I think the exclusive enemies were just a rehashing of sprites. Anyway, saying that LA is a for sure sequel to ALTTP will get you disrespect as it's not a confirmed stance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom