• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline (redone)

I put my timeline in a different thread, but I changed it around so its completely different now.:)

I'm going to write it in my way, because the way we are told to do it confuses me. Calm down, I'll make it easy kay?

The whole story starts off with Links mother bringing him to the great deku tree.

-Ocarina of Time
|
Timeline splits, I'll explain the Adult timeline first.
So after Ocarina of Time, Ganon was sealed away, and Link is no longer existant because he was sent back to the past.
Centuries later, Ganon breaks out of the realm, and a New Link arrives to slay him.

-A Link to the Past

Link slays the ressurected Ganon, Ganondorf is still locked away.
After Link returns the triforce back in ALttP, it causes him to be brought into two dimensions,

-Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons

Years and years later, Ganondorf finally gains the power to break himself free. There was no link however to destroy him, so the Goddesses flood Hyrule.

-Windwaker

A new Link kills Ganondorf, turning him to stone, than he is left undersea.
Link and the ship crew set off to sea to find a new Hyrule.

-Phantom Hourglass

After PH, they set sail again, but get caught in a storm.

-Links Awakening

100 years later...

-Spirit Tracks.

--------That ends the Adult timeline.

--------Now for the Child timeline.

Our evil minion was sealed away in the Adult timeline, and Link was sent back in the past by Zelda.
Now that Link knows about what will occur, as a child he goes to Zeldas garden (When OoT ends) to warn Zelda what ganondorf is up to.

After ratting out ganondorf, he was sent by the sages to be locked in the twilight realm, and Hyrule was peaceful.

-Majora's Mask

After Majora's mask we don't know what happened, but centuries pass and Ganondorf gets the power to break out of the twilight realm.

-Twlight Princess

centuries pass after TP, we don't know what occurs between TP and...

-The Minish Cap

Twlight princess is the last game with the Master Sword, in MC the master sword (or piccori blade) has been destroyed and was now reforged as the four sword.

-Four Swords

-Four Swords Adventures

Ganon is sealed within the four sword, and breaks loose after the FS games.

-The Legend of Zelda

Ganons finally killed by silver arrow

-Adventure of Link

Ganons minions try to kill link to ressurect Ganon.

-------

If you would list the games under both timelines, there are seven for each timeline.

noww about the new 2010 zelda wii coming, if that would take place after all the games made so far, my guess on the timeline would be that Ocarina of time is the beggining, and splits into two different timelines, than at the end of both timelines, they conjoin together depending if the plot of the upcoming game takes place after the 15 games I listed, and if thats true than it may not have our evil minion, because Ganondorf(human form) was killed in the Adult timeline in Wind waker, and Ganon(monster form) was killed in the legend of zelda, with his minions attempting to ressurect him in the last of the child timeline, adventure of link.

Ocarina of Time
/ \
Adult-7 games Child-7 games
\ /
Zelda Wii 2010

If what I just said above was true, than Zelda wii 2010 may star a new Link, one who can be the son of Link and Zelda, because at the end of adventure of link they kiss, and from what i know Link and Zelda never kissed before, AND the reason why in this new concept art Link isnt holding the master sword, is because the master sword was no longer used starting from Phantom hourglass, and destroyed in minish cap, according to my timeline. So maybe that girl can be a living incarnation of the master sword, maybe not.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Uh you don't seem to have alot of things to back up some of your arguement, so here's a few things.

1. Wind Waker goes directly after OOT on the Adult Timeline, nothing can go between them.

2. Link's Awakening has to be what gets me the most about this timeline, Link's Awakening goes after Link to the Past, another thing that is really obvious, mainly because of Nightmare, his forms consist of foes ALTTP Link fought, not only that the two Link's look exactly the same, there is also the fact that the Pirates aren't in LA.

That's just the confirmed things, other things can be debated, but i'm not going to get into them, you should also organize your timeline better, let me do that for you:

......-ALTTP-OOX-WW/PH-LA-ST
OOT
......\MM-TP-MC-FS/FSA-LoZ/AoL

Also about Ganon breaking out of the FS, it is generally believed that he broke out in ALTTP, not LoZ, because of the Gameboy Advance version of ALTTP, in the Palace of the FS.

It also seems like you haven't played the Oracle games, for one, they aren't different dimensions, and second, if you link the games, then Twinrova is trying to ressurect Ganon.

Also, Ganon and Ganondorf are not two different people.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
He basically said everything I was going to say, but I was going to add more detail then my computer shut down after I finished writing and I lost the motivation to write.

Megamannt, LA is not confirmed to be after ALTTP. It's just what is generally believed. You will find plenty of people that put LA after OoX. I personally put it after ALTTP as a direct sequel, but it is not 100% confirmed that that is where it actually goes.

Everything else you said I agree with.

Paulie, you need to pay a little bit closer attention to detail in the games. You missed a lot of obvious things. Read other people's timeline theories then try again.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Wind Waker goes directly after OOT on the Adult Timeline, nothing can go between them.
I don't think that has to be true necessarily. It's possible that the legend of WW only tells about the original imprisonment and the final escape because those are the most important parts of the story. The fact that ganondorf escaped and was resealed right away somewhere inbetween those points wouldn't change or add anything to the story, so they may have just been left out.
I think that is highly unlikely, but it is a small possibility. Notice I don't put any games between OoT and WW, but that's mainly for other reasons.

Again, don't try to fit Zelda Wii in. No one will take you seriously if all you do is make up stories.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
^ I'll try to make this as clear as possible. I don't remember the beginning sequence exactly, but it's more or less like this.

1. A long time ago there was a golden power that the ancient royal family protected.
2. An evil man stole this power and a young boy, clothed in green, stood up to him.
3. This boy traveled across time to stand up to this evil man.
4. This boy succeeded in stopping the man and sealed him away.
5. After sealing the evil man, the boy disappeared.
6. The boy became known as the Hero of Time.
7. Many years later, a foul wind swept across the land.
8. The evil man had escaped his prison and started wreaking havoc on the world.
9. The people prayed for the Hero of Time to return but he did not.
10. Because the hero did not return, the Goddesses flooded Hyrule to protect it from the evil man.
11. To this day, there are people on Outset Island that celebrate the Hero of Time and when young men come of age, they are garbbed in the same fashion as the ancient hero and go out to fight monsters.

That's basically the whole BS of WW. It clearly says that Ganondorf escaped his prison from OoT and the HoT did not return so the world was flooded. That's where the story ends and then begins with WW Link. There is absolutely no room for any games in between and anyone who says otherwise are people who have either not played the game or don't care about in game evidence or don't care what Aonuma says because he has confirmed it's placement after OoT.

And no offence, Locke, but saying that it's possible for games to go in between is just as bad as having a timeline that has games in between. No games can go between OoT and WW. The BS of WW makes that perfectly clear. Don't give false hope to people who would like to put games between OoT and WW.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I was saying something could happen between 6 and 7. How else could they expect the HoT to return? In order to build a reputation of appearing every time evil surfaced, it would have to happen more than once.

But as I said, I don't see any games that fit there, and I believe Aonuma. Not to mention the multitude of other reasons why nothing can go there.

How else could they expect the HoT to return? In order to build a reputation of appearing every time evil surfaced, it would have to happen more than once.
Something doesn't have to happen more than once for people to pray it happens again. I could give a million examples that prove you wrong, if you so wish.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
^ Agreed. The fact that the HoT saved Hyrule once from evil is enough for the people to pray for him to return when evil reigns again. It would be dumb for them not to pray for his return. He did save them afterall. It only needs to happen once for them to want him to return. If a bully comes up to you and starts to beat you up and someone named Steve comes along and stops him, then the next time the bully comes along the first person you're going to think of is Steve. You hope that someone will help you and since the last/first time someone helped you it was a guy named Steve then you're going to hope that Steve comes back.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The quote is
"The people believed that the Hero of Time
would again come to save them."
'believed' and 'hoped/prayed' are two different things.

But, why am I arguing for a point of view I don't hold as my own?

Here's an example:

I'm playing Marth in SSBB against a Meta Knight.

He stuffs my first aerial approach with a Shuttle Loop. I believe that the next time I appraoch him in the air, he will stuff me with Shuttle Loop again, so I air dodge into him, instead. He expects the air dodge, I get punished.

I can believe something based upon only one occurence.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The quote is
"The people believed that the Hero of Time
would again come to save them."
'believed' and 'hoped/prayed' are two different things.

But, why am I arguing for a point of view I don't hold as my own?

Yes, they believed he would come to save them since he has saved them once before. I don't see what you're trying to argue. He saved them once so they expect him to save them again.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
Hi everyone, new here... just wanna throw my insight into this awesome debate.

Let me begin by bringing up Paulie's timeline.

......-ALTTP-OOX-WW/PH-LA-ST
OOT
......\MM-TP-MC-FS/FSA-LoZ/AoL

And now let me rearrange this a little better lol.

....../TWW/PH-ST--LoZ/AoL \
OOT OoS/OoA
......\MM-TP-MC-FS/FSA--ALttP/LA/

I love your placement of MC, per my theory, that is exactly where I'd put it. I only move ALttP to the other side due to the Trident of Power, beast Ganon returning, and the Triforce finally back into the hands of good. Same on the other side of the timeline. At the end of AoL, the triforce is returned to the hands of good. Thus... the Oracle games merge this split with Link from both sides taking a Triforce Quest, and then Twinrova trying to res Ganon which merges the split.

I hope this helped shed some light!

...lol a merge. Who do you think you are, Humulos?

So two completely seperate Link's become one? Two Hyrule's become one? Two histories come together?

Here's what I think when I think of a merge: "Ahh that was a lot of rain yesterday", "what rain?", "the rain that hit Hyrule castle...", "there was no rain near Hyrule castle yesterday, it was completely sunny...", etc

It's just stupid and ridiculous. At what point do the histories become the same, and what happens to the old histories? What happens to different people on the two different timelines?

Splits are ridiculous and illogical.

Oh and if you're saying the two games take place on different timelnes, and bring them together in the end, that's even more ridiculous as people from one game reference people from another.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
Oh and if you're saying the two games take place on different timelnes, and bring them together in the end, that's even more ridiculous as people from one game reference people from another.

I don't want to spoil anything for people that haven't played Spirit Tracks yet... there's some evidence, whether definitive or not at this point, at least suggests that things on both timelines are present in one game. How do you have something from Hyrule A and then something from Hyrule B take place in one game unless something happened that merged Hyrule for good?

I do apprieciate your point though, a little extra clarity always helps. I'm assuming you don't like the spilt theory very much lol.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
Oh, and before you bring up the point that my timeline theory may be wrong because of two different things happening in one game, just wait. Timeline video coming soon where my friend and I will piece everything together. I've been playing Zelda since I could walk. I had a Nintendo controller in my hand before I was out of diapers. I'll make a believer out of you yet lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom