• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My thoughts on the order of the Oracle games.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I don't know if this has been solved yet, but I have a theory on how the Oracles could stand when put next to each other.

I was playing my Oracle of Ages/Seasons Linked game lately. Now the Oracle games have been considered the thing that can tear the timeline apart because of their lack of a proper order in which you can beat them. When I looked at the differences between both of my linked games I found something that might prove Seasons comes after ages.

You know the second to final boss of the game(s) Twinrova makes appearances through the Linked game but why is it that they seem to make such a heavy appearance in Seasons such as when you reach Onox's fortress they greet you on how your to late where as in Ages they have no appearances what so ever, sucspcious isn't it?

I would also like to point out the characters of the certain games and how they act. The great Moblin for example, when you fight in the Ages/Seasons order he remembers you very well but in the Seasons/Ages order he has some strange bit of amnesia. Also in the intro of the Ages/Seasons order all the characters recognize you as the hero from Labrynna including the villian where as in the other order only two people from the intro seem to recognize you; not even the villian does. Suscpicous isn't it.

With this evidence I conclude my theory that Ages could come before seasons in the timeline.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It happens exactly the same thing if you play Seasons first, you know?
In the manga(but it is non-canon), seasons comes first... I don't think that they really have a necessary order, they can be putted one before or after the other, and still work out for the timeline

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
It happens exactly the same thing if you play Seasons first, you know?
In the manga(but it is non-canon), seasons comes first... I don't think that they really have a necessary order, they can be putted one before or after the other, and still work out for the timeline

What happens exactly, details man I need details.

I'm also going with the order that works best, that's all that I'm looking for.
And how can a timeline work with that? A timeline is a straight line of events and if we could do the Oracle games in any order wouldn't that make it not a timeline?

Amelie

Air Dancer
Did they both come out the same year? I have not played any of them. Im kind of wondering about it to!

They came out in the same year, yes. But...What order in terms of timeline they came out in....Is probably anyones guess. But I reckon maybe oos came first in timeline, but it could go either way.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Wiki says seasons is first so... I think you are right. But... then again. I dont always trust Wiki ><

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
What happens exactly, details man I need details.

I'm also going with the order that works best, that's all that I'm looking for.
And how can a timeline work with that? A timeline is a straight line of events and if we could do the Oracle games in any order wouldn't that make it not a timeline?

Well, in the same way that people recognize you in seasons if you played ages first, if you play seasons first, people in seasons will recognize you... it is a bit loopy, you know?
And yeah,they came out in the same year,month, and day... they are identical twin games, much like metroid prime 1 and fusion

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well, in the same way that people recognize you in seasons if you played ages first, if you play seasons first, people in seasons will recognize you... it is a bit loopy, you know?
And yeah,they came out in the same year,month, and day... they are identical twin games, much like metroid prime 1 and fusion

But in the Seasons/Ages does it flow the way it does towards the whole Ages/Seasons order?

Why would the great Moblin recognize you in the Ages/Seasons timeline but not the Seasons/Ages.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It does, and i played it recently... you have to either pay more attention, or link from scrap... wich means... play ages-seasons(seasons with the password of ages)
and seasons-ages(using the password of an UNLINKED seasons, or everything will be "resetted"

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
It does, and i played it recently... you have to either pay more attention, or link from scrap... wich means... play ages-seasons(seasons with the password of ages)
and seasons-ages(using the password of an UNLINKED seasons, or everything will be "resetted"

I played very recently and when I stormed his tower at Rolling Ridge he never recognized me once.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I would also like to point out the characters of the certain games and how they act. The great Moblin for example, when you fight in the Ages/Seasons order he remembers you very well but in the Seasons/Ages order he has some strange bit of amnesia.

I have just played through OoS and as you mention the Moblin seem to remember you. I do not believe that he did so in OoA. I am going to play through OoA in the proximate future to see how it is for myself.

Right now I believe that you can be correct and that OoS comes after OoA in the timeline!

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Well... I could be wrong... After beating Circle of the Moon(castlevania), I'll beat'em again:P

Anyways, it's always good to see people finding new hints about the timeline:),Congrats

The games come in whatever order you play them in. It dosen't matter if you play Seasons or Ages first, the other will continue accordingly.

Really, I don't believe this to have any effect on the timeline at all. The oracle series' place in what order they occur dosen't mean much when considering an overall timeline with the other games. Oracle games come as they are played, both are given the same final bosses and ending basically once the two are beat in coordination, and yes that ending/plot is important to the timeline, but not the order of the oracle games themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom