• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Majora's Mask Replica

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Well, after six months of waiting I finally got my Majora Mask. If anyone wants one I can give them the information of the artist who made it. It's currently a long time of waiting, but this has got to be the best replica out there hands down. Work of art? I think so.

Anyway, it's 1.5 lbs. and has two purple ribbons for hanging and wearing. The back has black velvet and padding, with two little holes cut out on the lower corners of the eyes. It was hand painted with acrylics and sealed with a glossy coat. It is 19" by 17" (from the tips of the horns) by 2.5". There is a small loop on the back where I have yet to attach a more appropriate strap for directly wearing it on your face, though comfort is questionable since it is flat on the back.

Note: The viewing holes are not visible on the back image since the mask is facing down, but you can see decently well if you saw it in person.

Front.jpgBack.jpg

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Oh, so that's why the moon is getting bigger and bigger.... anyway cool... just to prove your not lying.... can you give me it? I'll anaylize it and see if you can see the holes.....

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Oh, so that's why the moon is getting bigger and bigger.... anyway cool... just to prove your not lying.... can you give me it? I'll anaylize it and see if you can see the holes.....

Leggo' my mask! And you can't see through very much with them. If you ever order one you don't have to have the holes either, they're optional. And the artist lives in the USA like I do, and these things aren't cheap.

Beeker

Wild Card
Wow, that is beautiful! It looks exactly like the mask itself. That looks like the wait was worth it, I'd love to have one of those.. I dunno if I'd wear it though.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
The only uncomfortable part is your nose is the mask is flat, and that you can only see a little bit. I will add an elastic band sooner or later. I waited almost six months and paid a hefty price, plus shipping and other fees. The current wait is over a dozen people and about eight months. It only took me a while because she started the casting project in March to reproduce them, and after making the mold for casting in March worked on her Rutela costume for two months.

Then in June mine was finally done, but when working on some last minute touch-ups she dropped it and damaged it slightly, and then she went on a one month hiatus due to other things. Then today I finally received it. This was worth the wait and money, it's a work of art and probably the best replica in the whole world. She also signed and numbered it on the back, a sign of a true artist.

Might make a video sooner or later, hopefully tomorrow.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
More like I took it after the Happy Mask Salesman was on his way back to Hyrule or wherever he was heading. The mask has no evil in it so chronologically it makes sense.

Happy Mask Salesman said:
I went to great lengths to get that mask!

Well, so did I. Half a year of waiting and saving, not to mention that I should've gotten it much sooner, but a lot of other things happen which caused it to take forever. If anyone tries to steal it they've got another thing coming to them.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
More like I took it after the Happy Mask Salesman was on his way back to Hyrule or wherever he was heading. The mask has no evil in it so chronologically it makes sense.

Well, so did I. Half a year of waiting and saving, not to mention that I should've gotten it much sooner, but a lot of other things happen which caused it to take forever. If anyone tries to steal it they've got another thing coming to them.
Have you ever made/ done any LoZ Crafts yourself? I'm asking out of curiosity.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Actually, yes. Check out my store here:

http://myworld.ebay.com/brandikins4life

I also plan to modify my OoT Mirror Shield soon. It's life-size and made of metal, but the crafters did a bad job at making it look like it. It's not even reflective at all. Everything paint-wise is done, so now I plan to get some silver mirror wrapping paper and glue it on the front, then draw the design with a paint pen. I'll probably post pictures in the fan section when done.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Did you get that mask for free or did you buy it?

Umm...it wasn't free. The artist can easily replicate the actual shape of the mask thanks to her cast, but when she painted mine she only had very small brushes. Now she has stencils and an airbrush, but she put over 30-40 hours of work into painting mine. It's a work of art, and it was far from free.

The result was about six months of waiting and around $275 USD. That's with shipping and other fees. Although they will cost even more in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom