• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Home Made but Accurate Replica of the OoT Master Sword

I

InsideOutPine

Master Sword - Imgur-more pictures in here

I've worked for over six months on this project and couldn't be any happier with how it turned out. I've never really worked with wood, metal, resin, OR fiberglass but with a little help i was able to make the most accurate replica of the master sword that i've ever seen. I've always wanted one, but after being fed up with the extremely cheap replicas on the market, i set out to make a Master Sword that would make Link proud.

DEObzh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
You made that? :O Impressive... and true to form.

If you can't get it done right, do it yourself. :cool:

I

InsideOutPine

Thankyou both very much:]! And yes, i'm 17 years old and i did 95% of this by hand, by myself over a few months. I've never done this before so i had my dad help with advice on some things. I just REALLY wanted to get it as perfect as i could:]!

I

InsideOutPine

Thankyou very much guys:] And the gem is made of epoxy resin i got at a craft store. I used clay to shape the gem, then made a mold of the clay one with latex. Then i mixed up the epoxy and added a little bit of yellow dye to keep it bright, but still very clear, poured the epoxy in, and crossed my fingers!

I

InsideOutPine

Thankyou, all!!! It makes me sooo happy to get such great feedback. And haha that Triforce is after practicing, on the other side i just went in and did it first try and it turned out much worse :P And i love my Rupees! Made them in Ceramics class:]

I

InsideOutPine

Thankyou! And it was very hard haha. Luckily my dad is pretty knowledgable with that stuff and has a full workbench, so i could ask questions if i wasnt sure how to go about something. Overall though it was more time consuming then difficult! As long as you stick with something after a while it's bound to get better;P and yes! I made everything myself:] The pedestal is made of wood and is painted it with textured paint, and i put a sheath type box inside so that when you put the sword in the hole it always stands straight up. The rupees are made of ceramic clay and painted with glaze!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom