• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Final Theory About The Twilight Realm

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hi ZD! I think when I first joined I did post a similar thread but i want to exdend on that theory and maybe explore some new concepts :)

So am going to start off with actually talking about the origins of the Twilight Realm (you can skip if you want too) so if you dont know already there were a tribe of Dark sorcerers who were referred to as 'Dark Interlopers'. Now am not going to delve into what they are as that is for another theory, however they seemed to be an ancient tribe that existed long before Twilight Princess's story began...they held a power known as the 'fused shadow' and they sought to use this power to gain entry to the sacred real and ultimatley claim their triforce. However they were stopped by the 3 light spirits of Hyrule...Faron, Eldin and Lanayru, they sealed the Dark interlopers within an parallel dimension to Hyrule. See the link The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The Dark Interlopers - YouTube

So this parallel dimension to Hyrule is a world filled with shadows were the only light source comes from 2 light orbs that are known as scared to the Twili race, they are known as Sols....Well I might as well start with my theory on what I think the Twilight Realm actually is, now I know this may sound a bit crazy but I think the Sacred Realm and the Twilight Realm are the same thing!

First off am going to start off with what I mentioned earlier; The Dark interlopers wanted to gain entry to the Sacred Realm and as said the 3 light spirits sealed them with in an a parallel dimension to Hyrule. Now surely the gods cant just create dimensions whenever they want to, right? So I think the Dark Interlopers gained entry to the Sacred Realm and came within an inch of actually claiming the triforce
Sacred_Realm_(Twilight_Princess).png

As you can see in this picture the Dark Interlopers seem to nearly have control of the Triforce...Now if my theory is correct I think that the light Spirits took the Triforce out of the sacred realm and trapped the interlopers now with this empty realm. Now I think due to No source of Triforce in the Sacred Realm it altered its apperance to a shadow world, now that the only thing that dwelled inside was the Dark Interlopers and one piece of the fused shadow. This relates to what happend in ALTP where a similar event happend, Ganon claimed the Triforce yet he was trapped in the sacred realm and due to his heart not being pure it transformed into the dark world.

I know at the moment that this theory really seems weak but I do have a couple of pieces of strong evidence to support my theory! My first one includes the similarities between the actual apperance of the Twilight realm and the Sacred Realm

images
images

Now this picture of the Sacred Realm is one of the only known pictures of this relatively unknown place...Now notice the similarities in these two pictures, they both seem to have scattered island's and the islands also look of a similar rock formation.

My final evidence is again between the comparison from A link to the Past and Twilight Princess...Both of these games have the similar concept of an alternet world, the Twilight realm and the Dark world and even though these games exist in alternet times on the timeline they could both possibly be similar outcome. Both alternet dimensions seem to transform Link to the form of his true spirit! In A link to the Past, Link transforms into a bunny figure to represent that his heart his pure and in Twilight Princess he transforms into a wolf the represent his courage!

I am sorry for the amount of writing, and thank you! if you have read and undersrood most of it haha! So what are your thoughts on the Twilight Realm and what do you think of my theory? Have fun Guys :p

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm a little wary of the evidence presented for this theory as it stems mostly from a personal interpretation of one scene in Twilight Princess and artwork. But I think you may well be on to something...

I don't have the time right now to fully investigate the Twili's banishment to the dark realm, as I have to leave soon. However I will add this for now. In Twilight Princess the Triforce had been split into shards already. The sages referred to Ganondorf's acquiring of it as a "divine prank", presumably because there was no good reason for the Triforce to have split. Ganondorf's entire mission was one to gain the Triforce by infiltrating the Sacred Realm. He failed, yet somehow still had the Triforce. If your theory is true then you may well have just uncovered the mystery behind this divine prank. The Triforce had to be removed from the Sacred Realm and placed into the world of light. Hence it was split and sent to those that best manifested it's three qualities.

I'd like to give you a big pat on the back for this and certainly look forward to exploring this further when I have time tomorrow. :yes:

Wow I actually never though of this! Good job TBR! Maybe this calls for an all new theory haha

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Now surely the gods cant just create dimensions whenever they want to, right?
Sure they can. That's what happened with the Sacred Realm, after all, and arguably the light world itself.

In Twilight Princess the Triforce had been split into shards already. [...] If your theory is true then you may well have just uncovered the mystery behind this divine prank.
That mystery was already uncovered by the HH.
Carrying the proof of the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf acquired evil magic. This time axis’s Ganondorf, who thought the Triforce of the Sacred Realm was untouched, concluded there must have been some disturbance since Link returned home with the Triforce of Courage.
This happened after OoT, while the interloper conflict happened before OoT (part of the prolonged wars). I don't think it's in our best interests to propose that the Triforce left the SR at any point between SS and OoT without having an explanation of how it returned for OoT. Also, since the conflict happened before OoT, its effects would propagate to all three timelines, yet the SR is described as the "Golden Land" in LttP.

Off-topic, but your intro made me think of something interesting... Significance of the Sols: In a world of twilight, "twilight" would become the new "light". The inhabitants would get used to it and it would lose its significance. There must exist true light to remind them of the weakness of their ordinary light. Hence, a desire for this true light is instilled, leaving everyone dissatisfied with ordinary life.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Off-topic, but your intro made me think of something interesting... Significance of the Sols: In a world of twilight, "twilight" would become the new "light". The inhabitants would get used to it and it would lose its significance. There must exist true light to remind them of the weakness of their ordinary light. Hence, a desire for this true light is instilled, leaving everyone dissatisfied with ordinary life.

I'm not sure, I think the Sols are something more than light, they represent good, TP makes a huge distinction between dark and evil and light and good

If they were just light then the shadow beasts couldn't exist in the world in light, they would die/turn back into twili when they came in contact with the light of the spirits, however, instead of being obliterated by the light, a single shadow beast can overpower a light spirit (almost happened to Ordona)

The Black fog inside the castle of twilight is repelled by the Sols, and Midna says that the fog is made of the same crystals Zant used to make Link a wolf permanently, the light could not drive that crystal away from Link, but the good of the master sword could, that means the master sword and the Sols have similar properties, and indeed, while the master sword deals extra damage against shadow beasts, the Sols reverse the process of the twili turning into monsters entirely, and drives away Zant's magic, Zant hid them because they were his weakness, they were like batteries that contained huge amounts of the "energy" used by the Master sword

It is said that light and darkness cannot coexist, in the light world, either the area is completely blanketed by twilight or there is no twilight at all, if the Sols were light they would Clash with the darkness of the twilight realm, instead they are good

Now, since Link drains the Sols of all their power then the hero left the twilight realm royally screwed :)

I thought the second picture with the Triforce in it was retconned to be Skyloft in the Hyrule Historia? I think the theory makes plenty of sense but I think you actually thought it out better than the staff did. Because we heard about the Interlopers before we heard about Ganondorf in TP, I think it is safe to say that if this were what happened they would have connected the dots in game. I hate saying I don't think it's true because like I said I do love your theory and see nothing wrong with it other than the fact it just makes so much sense I don't understand why it wasn't explained like that in-game. Lol, maybe Miyamoto should start sending scripts of the story here so we can fix all the plot holes for him, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom