• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My Biggest Hope for Skyward Sword (Post-completion)

thereasonbeing

The Floor is Lava
While i'm sure Skyward Sword is going to be great going by everything we know and have seen thus far, there is just one thing that will bother me if I don't see it:

I really, REALLY hope that once the final boss is completed and the credits roll, you can save your game and carry on playing. E.G talk to NPC's AFTER the evil is gone from Hyrule / Skyloft, see how people react now everything is okay. Maybe even more side quests will open up once the final boss is completed.

My biggest gripe with most Zelda games is that after beating the final boss, the credits roll and then you are left with having to reset your console only to find that the boss is undefeated again and you kind of get stuck in Limbo really. Hopefully SS will fix this...what do you guys think?

I would like to see something like this. One might say that you would never be able to replay the final boss, but if you think about it you can't do that for any boss. (not including MM)

I'm trying to think of some cons to including this, but I can't really. Sounds like a great idea.

I think that would be really great, a big pleasant surprise at the end of the game wound pump up everyone opinions towards it. But when the game would actually ends? :lol: I mean, they must be cautious on how to play the game out, and make it feels like the player have really beaten the game, and that are nothing epic, really cool or story related in the post game, or else you'd be only making the game bigger. I can certainly see some kids confused by this or unwillingly dragged to a kind of completionist run by expecting to see some continuation of the story in the post game.

I'd like to see a hard/Master Quest mode too. But something more sophisticated than just higher damage, by making the enemies defense opening time slightly shorter and stuff like that, dropping less hearts would be cooler than taking more damage. A hard mode in Zelda never made so much sense before, imo.

Teal

Useful Help.
I agree with this but how will it end since if a kid play's this they will have a hard time doing "Side Quest" since there optinal and they can be somtimes hard to find if they ever do this it will have to be in a Master Quest version of the game.

Teal.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Oh, I hope not. It's become something of a Zelda tradition for me to rush through and finish the main story, and then see the "The End" screen. After that, I load up my most recent save, and polish off side-quests and collections, then beat the final boss again, and see the "The End" screen again, knowing that I have truly reached the end.

I'm a romantic, sure. But I love it.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
I'd like to see this also. I always thought it would be really cool especially in a game like Majora's Mask if you could talk to everyone after defeating Majora and saving the town from the evil moon. Maybe see how Kafei and Anju were doing and maybe they could give you some side quest. People actually recognizing Link as the hero would be awesome.

While i'm sure Skyward Sword is going to be great going by everything we know and have seen thus far, there is just one thing that will bother me if I don't see it:

I really, REALLY hope that once the final boss is completed and the credits roll, you can save your game and carry on playing. E.G talk to NPC's AFTER the evil is gone from Hyrule / Skyloft, see how people react now everything is okay. Maybe even more side quests will open up once the final boss is completed.

My biggest gripe with most Zelda games is that after beating the final boss, the credits roll and then you are left with having to reset your console only to find that the boss is undefeated again and you kind of get stuck in Limbo really. Hopefully SS will fix this...what do you guys think?
I don't know how this would work. The whole idea sounds very anti-climactic...in my opinion.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
well... its a good idea. but then, logicly, there wouldnt be any monsters to fight, there would be no drive to do any more and i always liked fighting the final boss over and over.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I don't know how this would work. The whole idea sounds very anti-climactic...in my opinion.
I agree. While the idea sounds kind of cool, not being able to fight the final boss again would be a real bummer. I probably re-fought Ganon a zillion times per game. (Especially Twilight Princess) Not to mention finally getting to refight Majora as Fierce Diety. It just wouldnt work.

Pen

The game is on!
I totally agree with you Thereasonbeing. I've been wanting this quite long now and I would also love to see the world at peace after the defeat of the final boss.
But still, I do want the ability to re-battle the final boss, and perhaps even all of the other bosses like in OoT3D. I would really like that.

PS. I loved the idea about unlocking new side quests after the final boss has been defeated, that would be really cool, and maybe even unlocking some new arias! Almost like in the Pokémon games.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I agree 100%..
Always found it kinda pointless to beat the final boss.
I suggest they include a boss replay option like they had in MM and even after you have beaten the game you can kill the final, first or middle boss all over again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I disagree, with this idea. They way they have been doing it is best as it means a definite end to the story and you feel that you have completed the game and it is concluded. It is anticlimactic when you can play a game after you have completed it .

N

naabooru

I think it's a good idea, definitity. It all feels so sad when you see the ending screen, knowing that the game is offically over now, nothing more new to do, no more exciting new boss fights, new enemies, new dungeons... And who wouldn't want to see the world finally in peace, with all people happy? But I don't think that's something that Nintendo would do, and I honestly like defeating the final boss again and taking up some sidequests I didn't do. So I wouldn't want to see it, but.. I still like the idea. :)

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I don't think it's a good idea. It'll feel very anti-climactic and unfitting. What else are they supposed to do as Hyrule is being inhabited or whatever is occuring? I don't think it will be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom