• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music. Overused.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Sorry about my brother. He's a troll. anyway, since i don't know how to delete it, ihtink my brother meant like the howling stones in tp. He hated that system of music. he loved the actual music he just didn't like the howling stones and That "Music System"

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Did you not like the music in TP? Why? I think it would be better if you tell us why you thought it was bad, rather than just say "TP had it overused." I don't understand that, either. How was it "overused?"

And I'm not sure why you brought up "I think that an animal theme themed zelda game would be awesome." That's a totally different idea. It should be treated in another thread.

Hope I don't sound harsh. :) I'm just trying to help you out!

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Yeeeah, that post was a bit confusing, with the "animal themed Zelda" thing and then the "this is me" with the ninja smilie... You should try to stay on topic to the thread you're currently posting on. ;)

Majora's Cat

How about that
Music in zelda is great. Oot brought so much to the table. Tp had it overused and the music system was bad to me. I think that an animal theme themed zelda game would be awesome. Just sayin.http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/images/smilies/ninja.gif this is me.

What? Twilight Princess "overused" the "music system"? That line in itself doesn't make much sense, but I assume you mean that there were too many different soundtracks for different areas? Well, as the series develops, everything needs to be made bigger and better - including the music. I'm actually surprised that you used the term "overused" because many gamers complained about the soundtrack in Twilight Princess. At this day and age, MIDI music just doesn't cut it, and the majority of TP's BGMs were MIDI. The only instances where I can recall the music orchestrated is in the trailers, the credits, and the Hyrule Field theme (on horseback). Otherwise, the music was rather stale (though the composition of the music combined with an entire orchestra playing it would've made for one of the most fantastic soundtracks we've ever heard). I'm also very surprised that you said Twilight Princess' music isn't so great but Ocarina of Time's is fantastic. Truth is, too many Zelda games have been reusing themes from previous games. While nostalgic, every now and then we wish for a fresh new theme, one we've never heard before. Twilight Princess did exactly this by crafting a nearly completely new soundtrack (with only a few blasts to the past). The fact that you said "OoT brought so much to the table" is just the tiniest bit biased. Who knows? Perhaps Twilight Princess' music will become just as powerful and nostalgic as Ocarina of Time's in the near future.

Secondly, an animal themed Zelda game? There are already enough animals in the series with the cuccoos, horses, goats, cats, puppies, birds and whatnot. But a Zelda game revolving completely around animals? Well, we kind of got that with Twilight Princess and Link's transformation into Wolf Link. For the first time, the player was able to interact with animals and understand what they have to say. I'm sorry, but The Legend of Zelda is not Animal Crossing. I don't completely understand what you mean by that, but I'll assume that you mean that there should be more animals as NPCs and main characters. Honestly, I thought TP was already "animal overkill" with its several species of the furry critters and constantly running into cats, dogs and birds alike. Animal games usually aren't the adventurous type, either. And even when an animal game is branded as an adventure game, it will most likely be silly and lighthearted. Nintendo should be aiming for darker-toned and more serious games instead of childish ones, as they have done so in the past.

Excuse me for rambling on and getting a little off topic. Anyway, I suggest you take a look at this: http://www.herbalcell.com/video-game-soundtracks/zelda-twilight-princess-ost

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
A lot of Zelda themes and music is great. I do not get what you mean by TP's overused music. Sure, it had reused music, but nothing was all that repetitive.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No...TP's music was not overused. It was taken from other games, sure, but a lot of the other games reuse music as well. The best example of this is the Overworld Theme from the original Legend of Zelda, but it never gets old, even if it's redone in a thousand variations. Shoot, you have to go pretty much the entire time in the orginal listening to it replay over and over and over and...I hope you get the idea, and the same applies to my point above.

Abbs

I love all of the Zelda soundtracks to bits and pieces, but I agree that some of the tunes are getting a tad repetitive. Some new tracks would be nice, but I'll be cool with just some new remixes.

They are classics, afterall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom