• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Competition: Week 9

Which entry was the best?

• yahtzee713

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMBGuitar

• Pl511

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hey guys, and welcome to the Zelda Dungeon Music competition. This is week 9 of the series.

Once again, I'd like to congratulate HEY! LISTEN! for last week's entry

Now as you know, the theme last week was FREESTYLE! and we have some very promising entries this week!

yahtzee713
Download Dark world.mp3 - Kiwi6 Mp3 Upload

BMBGuitar
Song of Healing on Guitar - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - YouTube

Pl511
Dearly Beloved Medley Remix - Kingdom Hearts 10th Anniversary Tribute - YouTube

So what do you guys think? Who gets the vote?

Now to announce the new theme.......

Adventure!

Compose an adventure inspiring tune! Something that really captures the essence of adventure! It can be an original song, or just your cover of something that already has this sound. Whatever the case may be, run wild with it and see what you can make.

Entries will be accepted until 9:00 PM EST, Sunday, September 30th. (Note-I am switching it so the competition will be posted Sunday night.)

yahtzee713
Very retro! You've got an awesome sound going on there, and the two main lines weave a really nice texture. The synthetic sound is sometimes a little harsh on the ears, but this is definitely a very well made track.

BMBGuitar
Very smooth. ^^ That was a truly perfect rendition, and you mixed it up just enough to make the original riff not sound repetitive. There was a great transition to electric there as well from acoustic. Awesome work!

And this week I think I'll be voting for BMBGuitar out of preference of the original source. Song of Healing is a bit of a personal favourite. :D

By the way, have you considered making it only a single week again? It would inspire a little more sense of community and maybe attract a few people if these competitions were a little more regular. I mean, you could even have 2 parallel competitions going on at any one time (as in you get two weeks for each submission, but there's a new theme and voting period every week).

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
By the way, have you considered making it only a single week again? It would inspire a little more sense of community and maybe attract a few people if these competitions were a little more regular. I mean, you could even have 2 parallel competitions going on at any one time (as in you get two weeks for each submission, but there's a new theme and voting period every week).

I went to 2 weeks cause of school for most people, but I think your idea would definitely help out! Thanks, I'll take it into account!

yahtzee713
What a smashing marvel! Sounds like nothing short of an 8 bit rendition of an SNES song. The Dark World Theme has always been a personal favorite of mine and your submission brings it to life with some added spice and filters in between.

BMBGuitar
How does one translate the Song of Healing so well to the guitar? I'm absolutely floored. The transition from acoustic to electric was unexpected but very smooth and definitely increased my interest in what I was listening to.

Pl511
Very calm and soothing with additional effects inserted to make the piece even more emotionally stunning. Seeing as how I've almost always voted for you though that should come as no surprise.

Vote: BMBGuitar

Well played, man.

Thanks to both of you :D

My vote goes to Pl511. Never played Kingdom Hearts, but this was very well made, nice job!

yahtzee713 - although the dark world is one of my personal favorites as well as just one of the greatest Zelda songs ever, this just wasn't much different from the original. I'd like to see you add your own twist to the song. I did think it was neat how you took the song back a game system and made it sound like it was from the NES though instead of SNES.

And I like Pl511's idea as well.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Wow, all these entries are well done! I wish I entered, sadly my phone decided to stop working and that was the only means of recording my song. Oh well.. time to vote!

yahtzee713- This is two minutes of pure nostalgia. I enjoyed your take of this classic song; it was quite catchy.

BMBGuitar- I was amazed and mesmerized by your skill. The song was beautiful, and did not get repetitive as you smoothly transitioned from acoustic and electric guitar. Well done!

Pl511- I have never played Kingdom Hearts, though this anniversary tribute was simply beautiful. I could feel the emotion within the song, and thoroughly enjoyed listening to it.

My final vote would have to go to BMBGuitar. You were able to effectively capture the true essence of this song, though you still added your own style to it. Congratulations to all the competitors! :party:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hey guys, sorry I didn't get to launch the alternating week thing. I got caught up with stuff over the weekend.

Considering that this weekend is the next announcement, I'll fire one out the following weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, get those entries in by Sunday night. If I don't get any, I will make a new thread and use the same theme unless otherwise requested.

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
hmm, so I can compose a piece and submit it before Sept 30th and it will be in a competition, excuse me, I'm kind of a noob.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm really sorry bro. I got wrapped up in school and music projects and completely forgot it. I swear, it won't happen again if I can help it. Rest assured, I'll have the new thread up tomorrow. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom