• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Competition: Week 6

Which entry was the best?

• PK Flash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr3W21

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Sorry for the long delay. We decided to extend the time since we didn't get any entries the previous week. We understand if you guys aren't getting any inspiration, but we'd really like to continue this and I'm sure you guys would too. We've had great past entries and I've even saved a couple to my MP3. So let's try and get those entries in.

We also have some information. There may possibly be a series we host where collaboration will be allowed. This hasn't been confirmed yet but I just wanted to let you know about it. Hopefully it will be allowed but till it is I'm not gonna reveal too much info on the idea. A tease isn't fun if you get too much ;)

Anyway, last week our competition was Make Your Own Zelda Theme. We only have two entries but that's still enough for a showdown!

PK Flash
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/95448429/The Great Bay.mp3

Dr3W21
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/91534045/Fire Temple-type theme.mp3

Please vote and tell us what you think. Remember, constructive criticism is encouraged and we want you to explain why you voted for who you voted for. Let the competitors know what they are doing right, and what they could be doing better.

Now that that's out of the way, It's time to announce this week's competition. This should get everyone interested I think. This weeks competition is....

FREESTYLE!

That's right, anything goes. Make a cover of what ever you want. Anything from a song from you favorite video game done on the computer, to a Journey guitar cover. Or make something new and exciting! It's your choice. You are free with this one.

All entries will be due on Monday, August 20th, at 9:00 PM EST. Please be on time. As usual, should you have any questions, feel free to ask me or skull_k1d at any time. PM us or ask directly in here, your choice. As always have fun and good luck!

Last edited:

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
PK Flash

I sufficiently enjoyed your piece but it seemed rather boring. Nothing particularly enthralled me. I listened to it twice and believe my conclusion is justified. Glad you put in the effort though. 5/10

Dr3W21

These submissions are very repetitious for me centering around a specific theme but I've always loved the Frie Temple chanting and your remix was faster paced than the original Well played. 8/10

My final vote goes to DrW21. Hopefully this competition picks up the slack soon.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Okay, since I'm one of the only two people who submitted, I'll try to do the judging with as little bias as possible. I listened to them both, and I don't exactly know which one I liked better. I think they were both equally well-written, but I think (and I say this without bias) that the execution on my submission was a bit more clean. I think that mostly has to do with the fact that I did mine on my computer, with the exception of the chanting, and PK Flash actually recorded his. I definitely liked the percussion on PK Flash's submission a lot... his was done with hand claps while mine was done with the melodic tom MIDI patch. I think that my submission fit the theme it was going for a bit more closely, to be honest, but PK's submission also did work really well.

I can't really judge whose would be better, to be perfectly honest. If I do vote, however, I essentially have to vote for PK Flash, since he was the only other contestant. :P In any case, seeing how slowly this round has gone, I'll choose not to vote until some more people vote, because I don't want to risk this round ending in a tie. :lol:

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
PK - I could see where you were going with that, but it was a little too repetitive for my taste. There wasn't much change throughout the song. Nonetheless, I could still imagine it being played while walking through Great Bay.

Dr3W21 - I liked this one a lot. It reminded me of the Twilight Princess Goron Mines, which I liked very much so due to the music.

Good job to both of you! Dr3W21 got my vote this time!

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Dr3W21 - I liked this one a lot. It reminded me of the Twilight Princess Goron Mines, which I liked very much so due to the music.

Well thanks! That's actually exactly what I was going for. It reminded me of a fire temple with a sort of mechanical undertone, which is the Goron Mines in a nutshell.

Freestyle?! 1 week? D: Are you serious? Just 1 thing? What am I going to choose this time? XD

Also, I'm back. :D

I'm going to give three options here and you guys can choose what you want (they're all from my channel [already uploaded] anyway so you can check them out whatever happens).
1. Sonic Colours - Planet Wisp Act 1 House Remix schtuffs (with a Green Hill zone theme and His World reference thrown in) - a LOT of awesome piano solos in this one
2. Kingdom Hearts - Hollow Bastion theme multi-tracked piano remix (at most, 5 pianos playing at once! :D)
3. A pretty awesome OC with another guy called PreAmbience; a bit of piano work, drums, and electric guitar (Ethereal Glow - my baby ;_;)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Oh no. D: It's eleven at night and I have school tomorrow. I don't have time to do this, and I reeeeallly want to, because I can't actually WRITE music, and I'd LOVE to cover something while I have the chance... like, an Zelda medley or something...

Um... Am I allowed to use something old? I have an old piano cover uploaded to YouTube. I don't want to get in trouble for using something old, though. (And, on second thought, are we allowed to use YouTube anymore? XD) I'm so sad I can't make something new...

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Nothing says we can't extended the time on this. So yes make something new by all means :). You can upload to any medium you'd like. See my older posts about Dropbox

Since school has started back, new competitions will start every two weeks instead of one

Are you extending the limit to another week, then? Or you mean that the new two week rule will start next week? If you're extending it now, that's a huge relief. I'll be home for only an hour before the contest would end here, and in reality, I wouldn't be able to actually record anything until much later that evening due to noise.

I'll certainly try to make something new, though. I'll just have to see what happens. ^^

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
cool, cause I also didn't have time to record over the weekend. I was going to submit an old song if that was okay. By old, I mean 5 years, lol...
if not, I will try and record the song I have written. It's done, but it needs recorded and mixed.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
well, I just submitted a short acoustic song I wrote last night...I didn't have much free time this week to record. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom