• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Competition: Week 5

Vote:

• Kotake&Koume

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • skull_k1d

• Pl511

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less submissions this time around. It seems only the drawing contest is experiencing a recent upheaval. I encourage more members to join this competition as well as GaroXicon's writing one. Onwards to constructive criticism and voting.

Kotake&Koume

I felt as though your piece was very synthetic. It also failed to produce a vibe of happiness for me. I felt genuinely unaffected by the dull rhythm of looping sounds. 5/10

skull_k1d

I instantly felt a rush of adrenaline when listening to this work. Like your last production it started off slow and steadily picked up its beat. The dual layer of slow enthrallment and faster background ambiance was superb. 9/10

Pl511

I feel as though this is your weakest submission thus far but it nevertheless achieved its aim-harnessing pure tranquility of body and soul. Everything seemed very natural and fluid. 10/10

My vote goes to Pl511. A very beautiful and heartfelt soundtrack it was.

Whoa. Barely any submissions this time. Perhaps this could be because of the move away from being able to make covers? Just saying... Also you changed the name of the competition and it might not really sound like a public/community competition to people just seeing the name of the thread.

Still, two very nice compositions this week! :D

skull_k1d
Very nicely done. There's this constant feeling of euphoria and 'flying high' throughout the whole piece and it sounds really sweet.

Kotake&Koume
While it's synthetic, the high points of the song really add a lovely feeling and sound to it. You might want to make it shorter to fix the repetitiveness of some of it, and also perhaps turn down the harshness of some of the notes. Although it's not necessarily that 'happy', the ending was really nice and in general I really enjoyed your piece.

I think this week I'll go for skull_k1d. Kotake&Koume's submission is definitely going straight on my iPod, though. :D

Also, just as a general question, do I get the same award more than once? It says I only have 1 award despite last week, and if it's the case that I can no longer get anything from winning these competitions I may as well back out to give other people a chance because presumably my submissions are just stopping another person from getting an award.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Sadly I cannot hear Kotake's. :( By the way, I can't use DropBox stuff, which means I can't listen to it either. Just a heads up that I'll have to keep using YouTube.

Anyway, I really like Pl511's. His piano work is always great. <3

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Also, just as a general question, do I get the same award more than once? It says I only have 1 award despite last week, and if it's the case that I can no longer get anything from winning these competitions I may as well back out to give other people a chance because presumably my submissions are just stopping another person from getting an award.

Hey! You should receive the award for the number of times that you win, if I'm not mistaken. Mods have a lot of work to do so sometimes they're busy when we send in the winners. You'll get another award :D

Sadly I cannot hear Kotake's. :( By the way, I can't use DropBox stuff, which means I can't listen to it either. Just a heads up that I'll have to keep using YouTube.

I personally don't know much about DB public links but as for listening to Kotake's, it should give you an on screen prompt to download. If you download it and open your folder to the downloads on your computer you should be able to find and play it whether you have Quicktime or Windows Media Player.

Anyway, ask skull for more help on DB public links. He can help so that your music can go through DB, provided you have an account.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Personally, I prefer listening to them on YouTube, it's just easier for me. I also could not listen to Kotake's until I downloaded it. If I do another competition, can I submit YT still?

Kotake- reminded me of Sonic music. I liked the music box feeling to it. Everything but the main synth lead felt "happy".

Skull_k1d- got my vote, this is my favorite from you so far. I can imagine this song at the credits of an indie flick that had a happy ending.

P1511- your piano playing is so impressive. usually musicians are gifted at sight reading or playing by ear- seems to me that you are blessed to not only do great covers, but to write originals. great job.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
My dad is a little paranoid about things, so he doesn't want us going to sites that he hasn't approved of.

Just show him what dropbox is. Ask him to do some research on it. It's incredibly safe and I've never had problems with it. I do work in engineering classes at my high school and we have lots of group projects. Dropbox is incredibly helpful for this. Just make an appeal and I'm sure he'll say yes.

Personally, I prefer listening to them on YouTube, it's just easier for me. I also could not listen to Kotake's until I downloaded it. If I do another competition, can I submit YT still?

Yeah that's fine. We're simply suggesting the use of Dropbox because it provides a copy with perfect quality which may be nicer. Obviously we won't exclude you if you provide YouTube, but we're simply proposing an alternative option that may sound a bit better since YouTube lowers sound quality on things a bit.

Simply put, if you prefer to use YouTube, you are more than welcome to.

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
We have decided to extend this week till next Monday because we didn't receive any entries. Also I am taking lead on the Music Competition for a few weeks so please PM me all music that you make for the competitions.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
By the way, when I use GarageBand, I never use the apple loops. Everything is completely my own creation.
(Also, I was at camp for the past 3 weeks so I didn't have access to a computer until about 5 minutes ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom