• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Multiple Master Swords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo confirmed that ZSS is the origin of the Master Sword. But it is very well possible that there is still more than one MS. it is possible that ZSS is at the end of the Timeline and that Link must create a new MS. I am not saying I beleive this, which I do not. I am not saying it is true. I am not saying there is more than one MS. I am saying it is possible. All that Miyamoto and Aonuma confirmed is that the MS is created in this game. They have not confirmed, lets say, it is before OoT or at the beggining of the timeline. What do you beleive?

I am not sure, I have not seen that quote, but just because they confirmed it does not mean that there is another Master Sword created and somewere along the line one is destroyed or hidden somewere else.

They never confirmed multiple Master Swords. The game has been confirmed to take place sometime before OoT.

If you haven't seen the quote, then I'd advise you to go look for it. I remember reading the same thing: that SS will in fact take place before OoT. Also, I highly doubt there are multiple Master Swords... this has never been hinted at in any Zelda game as far as I know of, however I will admit that there's a LOT of titles I haven't played yet. Still, it just doesn't seem very likely Nintendo would have different Master Swords. That would be quite a twist if this was revealed to be true, though.

The designs change. There's only one MS, thats why it says blade of evil's bane. One blade. except for the whole split timeline thing lol. So TECHNICALLY, there's two.

I am not saying there is two, this technicaly is not for theorizing (excluding its category). This is just for you to argue to yourself whether this possibility can or can not happen. You never know, maybe the MS in ZSS is a different one from OoT. The only proof I can possibly give is that the one in TWW does not make you travel back and forth in time, and that the MS in ALttP is different in design. The MS in OoT+ is the design of the White Sword in LoZ, which means that it probably was not originaly based on it.

It's interesting but just because the design changed doesn't mean it's a different one, I mean Hyrule geography changes all time and it doesn't mean there's more than one

Yes it does. (Points to new Hyrule in ST.) But you are right besides that. XD I am not saying it is. I do not support MultiMS, but I am, once again, just presenting the possibility. In the same way there can be more than on FS. In MC and ALttPGBA, the FS does not split you unless you use a special tile. That is support for that. But I still do not beleive there is more than one of either.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Occam's Razor.

Until they come out and say that there's more than one, or otherwise make it necessary, there is only one. Yes, it's possible that they could introduce a second sword or some bit of information telling us that the ones in previous games weren't all the same, but it's also possible that MM Link is actually AoL Link who, through some terrible time-space anomaly, was transported to the past and made a little younger, and took on OoT Link's memories. The possibility dosen't matter so much as the necessity.

Ember you are suggesting a possibility. I would say to you that anything is a possibility at any point. If Nintendo wanted to retcon the entire series and take out the Master Sword or something, that is also a possibility. But it is all highly unlikely. That's the thing about lots of these "possibility" threads in this section. You can post as many of them as you want but the only answers or replies you are going to recieve is either "the developers said this so it isn't possible" or "sure that could be a possibility like anything else".

So, sure you have something that is "possible", but that's as far as it goes. There's no discussion value in just saying something is possible. Plus, the developers have told us that SS goes before OoT, meaning that there would only be one Master Sword and SS is the origin of it. All this has been confirmed, so it takes away even more from the discussion value now that it virtually isn't possible to happen with the next game.

Conclusively, this thread will become nothing more than hoards of theorists telling you why this can't happen because the developers said so, and a few people saying that anything is a possibility. Nothing that is really a mystery of plausible "theory" of Zelda.

~Thread Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom