• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Multiplayer For Zelda Wii U

I have been tossing around the idea of multiplayer for console Zelda ever since Phantom Hourglass came out. I love how that game extended gameplay far beyond the original adventure with online play. Big Plays offered incentive to keep coming back instead of grinding rupees for golden ship parts in singleplayer.

I've had a few ideas for how coop and/or competitive should be handled if included in Zelda Wii U, but I want to know what people generally think about the multiplayer aspects of Zelda. Is it a big feature do you? Did you care for games like Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures and the modes in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? If you want to see more multiplayer in Zelda, how should it be implemented?

Honestly I think I would actually just hate MP. Zelda is something I've always enjoyed most alone, and having to deal with a) other people or b) online functionality issues is a tremendous turn off.

Pen

The game is on!
I'm a huge fan of the Phantom Hourglass multiplayer mode, and of course I like Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures too. The multiplayer mode in Spirit Tracks, however, I thought was pretty dull in comparison to that of Phantom Hourglass. Clearly we have ourselves a fair share of multiplayer in Zelda, which is and should (in my opinion) remain a single player franchise, but I wouldn't mind seeing new multiplayer Zelda games every once in a while despite that. The thing is though, every multiplayer mode/game in the Zelda series is played from a top-down perspective, which in itself isn't by any means a bad thing, but I think it would be cool if we could get 3D gameplay multiplayer the next time it happens. So yeah, Wii U would definitely be a great platform for it!

I'm not so sure of that. Playing multiplayer on Hyrule Warriors gives a significantly different experience. The resolution drops, and the game becomes almost a ghost town compared to the number of enemies on screen in single player. Not sure I'd want my Zelda experience to suffer that much.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Tingle bottles are the only compatible version of multiplayer with the Zelda series. Nintendo wouldn't try anything else.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Zelda should remain a single player experience for the most part, with the closest to multiplayer being the Tingle Bottles. I do think it would be a pretty good idea though to have a leaderboard or something similar for dungeons. It can show the time spent in a dungeon and the hearts remaining and etc. and compare them with other players. This is non intrusive and won't take up too much during gameplay and can really increase replayability for the game.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have been tossing around the idea of multiplayer for console Zelda ever since Phantom Hourglass came out. I love how that game extended gameplay far beyond the original adventure with online play. Big Plays offered incentive to keep coming back instead of grinding rupees for golden ship parts in singleplayer.

I've had a few ideas for how coop and/or competitive should be handled if included in Zelda Wii U, but I want to know what people generally think about the multiplayer aspects of Zelda. Is it a big feature do you? Did you care for games like Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures and the modes in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? If you want to see more multiplayer in Zelda, how should it be implemented?

I don't really care for multiplayer in Zelda. Tingle bottles should return though along with the man they are named and shaped after!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
What about loading part of that vast overworld as a battle arena. a bunch of players gather together and kill each other with all their collected items. It could be a nice diversion and encourage people to understand the item mechanics to a greater degree. I'd certainly play it. IT'd be nice to see a bit of evolution for the series on this front.

Doctorzuko

Timelord Firelord
I'd go bananas for more multiplayer in the series. If they made like a proper multiplayer mode that was on par with a lot of games that do it well today, I would be playing that nonstop. And especially with this game supposedly having some kind of co-op according to their initial vision, I would really love to see some kind of online co-op. But we all know what happens when we ask for nice things like that from Nintendo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom