• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Motion Controls

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
A long as the gamepad is an option, I will be complacent.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think there is a legitimate argument to be made about how having both control schemes could limit things, but it is highly unlikely. If nintendo felt limited by combining control schemes they simply wouldn't do it. I believe we can all safely assume that if we have dual control schemes that everything will function exactly as Nintendo intended before beginning production.

Furthermore, I personally am not worried on how this might affect the difficulty as I will be doing it on the hardest available difficulty and doing a minimalist run my first time through as per usual. If you have a serious issue with difficulty, then as a Zelda fan, I suggest you do a minimalist run.

I really don't mind if motion controls are an option but I want to play it with the gamepad or a WiiU controller. Motion controls is not really my thing. I cant intensely play a game with them. Especially in a small room where a bed takes up most of it. Just want to play console zelda titles with a controller again. Not to say that the motion controls were a bad thing, just that they were not the best either.

No I'd just rather sit back and play a game holding a controller I didn't have to swing around all the time especially since the motion controls were far from perfect. Also I miss the hidden moves from TP they added variety to combat, unlike Skyward Sword where the only variety was if you'd swing vertically or horizontally.

Also I've never heard the one about the broken as hell weapons. Can you elaborate on that further dear?

I really don't think the motion controls were far from perfect, they were pretty spot on to be honest. I do much more perfer a controller, but like you said you'd rather sit back and play or loung on the couch which is fine most games should be played that way but I'm guessing, could be wrong but you did this with the Wii Mote also. This is were I found myself having trouble in SS when I got lazy and would lean back or lay back and the sword would go all sorts of directions. But when I found myself sitting upright facing the tv or during a few boss battles was standing cause I was immersed in battle the game was much more enjoyable and is truely a beautiful Zelda title.

Last edited:

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
I really don't think the motion controls were far from perfect, they were pretty spot on to be honest. I do much more perfer a controller, but like you said you'd rather sit back and play or loung on the couch which is fine most games should be played that way but I'm guessing, could be wrong but you did this with the Wii Mote also. This is were I found myself having trouble in SS when I got lazy and would lean back or lay back and the sword would go all sorts of directions. But when I found myself sitting upright facing the tv or during a few boss battles was standing cause I was immersed in battle the game was much more enjoyable and is truely a beautiful Zelda title.

Exactly what I thought. :yes:

as long as this game doesn't have what skyward sword in the desert. those guys with the tasers! sooo annoying trying to hit them with out touching the taser hahah

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
You can parry Beamos' lasers with your shield, which stuns them. You can also shoot their "eye" once you get the Bow.

Beamos aren't even that hard, if anything just annoying, not hard. I didn't know you could stun them with a sheild bash... either way they didn't really seem hard to me.

Isn't he referring to Technoblins? The nightmare for anybody who waggles.

Tip: Don't waggle.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
He said tasers, I can't think of any other enemies that have weapons which resemble tasers, unless you count Scervo and Dreadfuse. He also said "sooo annoying trying to hit them with out touching the taser", which is exactly what Technoblins are infamous for.

Makes sense, I just assumed that's what him and JJ were talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom