• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Useless Items in Zelda

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I always found the Slingshot to be a useless and pointless item. It's been the first long-ranged weapon that Link attained in Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. But what's the point of that? It might be a downgrade of the Bow, a less powerful item than it, but it is used for the same purpose. Besides, once the Bow is obtained, every reason to have the Slingshot is thrown out the window.

Just thought of something. The razor sword in MM. 100 swings and in reverts back to the kokiri sword. Find it weird that as a stepping stone to the gilded sword, they made it useless. At least make it so you get it from the Smitty before the Snowhead temple, and not have it become dull, and use it in the Snowhead temple, then it at least could be useful for an important part of the game, even if the final boss of the temple does not require a sword.

I think a lot of people here are forgetting the Ice Arrows from OoT. These literally did not have one use in the game except killing enemies which you could already do with a bunch of weapons you already had. You get them after the second last dungeon of the game ( Spirit Temple ) So you really only get to use them in Ganons Tower. I find it annoying how they make you go through the Gerudo Training Ground just to get them too. You waste all your time on a mini-dungeon to get an item you won't even use. The only thing the Ice Arrows are good for is looking cool.

Actually, it's entirely possible to get the ice arrows right after clearing the Fire Temple.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
There are a few Zelda items that I find useless...

Nayru's Love (OoT):
This item creates a protective barrier around you for a limited time. Sounds useful, right? Well, you get it late in the game, when you would expect yourself to have many hearts, and OoT is by no means a hard game to begin with. Did I mention that it eats up a lot of magic per use?

Spinner (TP):
A skateboard crossed with a spinning top that rides along rails sure sounds like a good item. That is, until you realize that rails are few and far between and that the Spinner is completely impractical for attacking or travelling without those rails.

Dominion Rod (TP):
The thought of controlling statues is cool, but wait! There are only a handful of statues in the game. Also, you can't directly use it to attack, so most of the time it just sits in your inventory...

the dominion rod!!! i hate that thing!!!!! its useless like the ball and chain. i know its fun but you never use it. TP had too many items. the ice arrows were also useless. you never have to use em. i use them once in the spirit temple to make that statue stay on the switch for the door.

Warbad

Gotta love me!
The Horse Call from TP was useless for me. I only used it like 5 times through the whole game. It was a shame, I expected it to be as useful as Epona's songbut I guess the warp portals did that job for Epona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom