• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most of the Races Are Nudists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Am I the only one who finds it odd that, with a few exceptions, Zelda races generally don't wear clothes? I say generally because in TP, they fixed the goron and zora nudist thing. The gorons went from being butt naked to wearing outfits similar to those found in old world African tribes. Fits them. In OoT, King Zora has a cloak, but the rest of his people wear nothing. In TP, the zoras wear some sort of armor. Makes more sense than what was found in OoT. Any civilized race should be modest enough to wear clothes. Unless they have fur or something that covers things up(kikwis, mogmas)

So, yeah. Thoughts?

The developers over at Nintendo wisely decided to ditch clothes and showcase the natural beauty of the races they created. The move to clothes was merely due to societal pressure from the increasingly vocal mob who points at everything and deems it inappropriate.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
The developers over at Nintendo wisely decided to ditch clothes and showcase the natural beauty of the races they created. The move to clothes was merely due to societal pressure from the increasingly vocal mob who points at everything and deems it inappropriate.
xD No, it would be inappropriate if they added the...certain parts. Lol, my brain is so random. Dunno why I came up with that.

perhaps nude laws apply differently for those races
Perhaps, but a butt naked goron or whatever running around Hyrule Castle Town? I dont think that would end well...so I think they would wear clothes so the hylians wouldnt dub them barbarians.

Last edited:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
None of those races were designed to have and visible genitalia anyway. Hylians are very humanoid, so it makes sense to cloth them because the humans who are playing the game were raised in a society that makes it unacceptable for them, or anything closely resembling them, to wear clothing even if the genitalia isn't drawn. The other races are more akin to animals and, as I said, don't have genitalia so they don't have to, but royalty (King Zora, Deku Princess, etc.) still wear clothes to demonstrate their importance.

Lastly, I would like to point out that being "civilized" does not make you "modest" enough to wear clothes. Wearing clothes is simply a social norm, like how it's a normal to have a cell phone in this time period.

I don't think this is a bad thing, I always pictured the Zoras are mermaid-like kinda beings and I think they were better without clothes, my perception of a mermaid being a beautiful water man-fish creature that doesn't really wear clothes. But I admit that in TP the goron's outfit fits really well with them although I don't like the zoras having armors. Oot's zoras are for me the best zelda race there is, I would love to be one of them. Firstly because they live in that relaxing spot with water and calm atmosphere but also because they can breathe under water and seem to me like very noble creatures, even though they don't wear clothes. So I think that clothes don't really matter with being civilised or not.

Well the Gorons live in a volcano and Zora are constantly underwater. Clothing either of them doesn't make much sense at all.

I've never really thought of the races in Zelda to be all that sentient. I know they are but to me the Gorons, Zoras etc are more like pokemon, creatures in the wild, primal creatures etc etc, so i've never given it much thought of them not wearing clothes, though they look cool anyway, Zoras wouldn't look good in clothes.

Well the different races may have different morals. I know now in skyward sword they don't wear anything but in MM the zora women had clothes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom