• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Most Nostalgic Game (aside OOT)

Skunk

Floof
Spirit Tracks is mine. My first Zelda, trains, and a relatively nice looking game with alright enough game play all make it really nostalgic to me. It also has you collect bunnies instead of spider coins or volcano soaps, so that's cool because I like bunnies.

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
Spirit Tracks is mine. My first Zelda, trains, and a relatively nice looking game with alright enough game play all make it really nostalgic to me. It also has you collect bunnies instead of spider coins or volcano soaps, so that's cool because I like bunnies.

Spirit tracks is my cousin's favourite zelda game. :yes:

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Majora's Mask with A link to the past right behind it. ALttP was the first 2-D game I played by myself, and the music and storyline were awesome, and all the reasons that it's one of the most beloved Zelda games. MM because of all the great memories that you make when playing games, stuck trying to get to the boss level, then looking for the stray fairies, and all the sad NPC's stories that made me get kinda emotional and want to help them. I know it was just a game and they weren't real or anything, but I still felt like I needed to help anyway. I seriously went to Romani Ranch every time the aliens attacked to help out! And then there was the music that felt nostalgic, (clock town, oath to order, astral observatory, etc.) So if it weren't for :majora:, aLttP would be the obvious answer.

A Link to the Past. It's the first game that I remember my mom playing when I was a little kid. It was a treat to sit up late with mom as she played ALttP on the old SNES.

Because of the rules, OoT is a close second for the same reason.

Otherwise I freakin love that game for so many reasons.

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Five or ten years from now OoT will no longer be the majority's most nostalgic game. It isn't even the best selling anymore. For me it is OoT, but to comply to the thread, I will say A Link to the Past.

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
For me, hands down, Majora's Mask.

The game overall just evoked so many emotions, and it was a great game as well. Everything about it when I look back screams nostalgia and memories curling up on my couch, GameCube controller in hand, as a 6 year old, ready to overtake the Snowhead Temple. The amazing characters, the amazing storyline, the millions of bullcrap theories... It all adds to the authenticity of the game... Everything about it made me want to jump and tell everyone about it. I mean, the (somewhat old and crappy) graphics make it even better, and the storyline is just as good as OoT.

Honestly, every time I see the starting screen, I feel somewhat transformed into my 6 year old self, grabbing all the snacks I could find, surrounding myself on the couch with blankets and pillows, and playing Majora's Mask until 11:00 at night.

Wow, this actually sounds ridiculous xD

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Majora's Mask, hands down, even more than Ocarina of Time. I just remember when I was 3, I'd sit with my older brother and watch my mom play Majora's Mask while we ate chocolate malt balls. And I'd chew on the controller cord... that's pretty dangerous... but good times. So many things in MM are so nostalgic to me

ALTTP past no question. I was at the tender age of six when I first saw this game(all the neighbor kids were 2 to 3 years older than myself). I visited my friend Andy who lived two doors down, and he was playing the game. I saw this gorgeous over world that he was roaming and with the greatest music in the series watched him play for about a half hour and I was sold, ran home told mom that I must have it(didn't even have a SNES at the time mind you). Day after day I would go over to his house, "Zelda, Zelda" I said. It was all I cared about that and StarFox. Two weeks later my mom came home with the SNES bundle of SMW and a copy of ALTTP it was the greatest day of my life. I'm 26 now and The Legend of Zelda til death.

To be honest, playing any Legend of Zelda game can make me nostalgic for the most part. I usually associate them with the time of year I first got to play them, and the events that happened in my life around then. So, for optimum nostalgia, I'd play them when certain parts of the year make me crave a certain game. x) That usually works with most games I play, so it's not just limited to the Legend of Zelda. I hold a pretty strong bond to the past, so I can get nostalgic fairly easily with certain games, music, environments, etc.

Though, the most nostalgic for me would have to be A Link to the Past. Not only is it my first and favorite Legend of Zelda game of all time, but it's one that I would pick up and put down all the time when I was young, so there's not really a specific time of year I associate it with. For some reason, the part of the game that really gets me feeling nostalgic and stuff is right after beating Desert Palace and my boomerang upgrade is more powerful than my sword. I'm not sure why, but it always is right around there. Maybe it's because that's where the game starts picking up and stuffs, but there's not really another feeling like it, haha. Theives' Town is probably one of my favorite dungeons in the game, and usually being in that environment also makes me feel pretty happy, too. Every aspect of A Link to the Past is perfect, and it just, well... is a link to my past, I guess... *shot*

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Wind Waker is certainly my most nostalgic game, simply due to the fact that I no longer have a memory card to save it to. So I can't really play the game, aside from the first two times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom