• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Frightening Experience You Had in a Zelda Game?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
It doesn't have to be frightening, just something that was at least creepy enough to make you feel uncomfortable.

For me, it surprisingly wasn't Majora's Mask, it was Ocarina of Time, and the Bottom of the Well. When I first got to the well, I was only somewhat unnerved, but then I started to fall through doors and get attacked by Wallmasters (which were frightening in this game) I started to really grow uncomfortable. I kept feeling like something was going to jump out at me, creeping in the shadows with cold, white eyes. There were traps everywhere, and nothing was real. I couldn't even trust my own eyes I was so scared. Eventually I managed my way to Dead Hands, killed it, and used the Lens of Truth to see everything. After that, I've not been scared of the Bottom of the Well, but it still gives me these strange vibes whenever I go there.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Mine was also in the Bottom of the Well in Ocarina of Time, when I was about ten. It was the first run through the game I had ever done. I was in the room with the sarcophagus things and Keese. I had decided to use Din's Fire to kill them. I didn't know it at the time, but this was a very, very bad idea. Especially in that room. Instead of killing the Keese I had instead turned them all into Fire Keese, with all of the sarcophagi opening because of the now lit torches and I had just happened to be standing RIGHT in front of where one of the Gibdos appeared, giving me one of its creepy screams that freeze Link in fear as soon as the cutscene ended. Oh, and I had the Deku Shield out too, which was lost.
For a ten-year old not expecting that, it was intense. First ones I ran into in the game too. The closest before that was the Redeads in Castle Town, but they were distant and slow and couldn't freeze you like these.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I guess in OoT, the Bottom of the well and the Shadow Temple are a bit frieghtening and creepy. I got the chills, but it was a bit interesting. But yeah, these places are pretty creepy.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
The first time a redead jumped on Link's back my heart nearly stopped! That was probably the most frightening experience I've had in Zelda.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
For some strange reason, my scary experience in Zelda was when I entered the mini-boss room in the Water Temple of Ocarina of Time. I was exploring the walls and when I turned around, a dark shadow apeared (Dark Link!). That freaked me out and I had to pause the game to calm down. And another creepy moment was first encountering the frightening ReDead in The Wind Waker. It seemed like a laid-back enemy but when I got too close...
ARRRRACH!!!!!!
ReDead1.jpg
I almost peed my pants!

T

Thunder1298

My most frightening experience is definitely when I was in the Forest Temple of Ocarina of Time when I was about eight and the Floor master, yeah that thing that looks like a Re-Dead's hand, that began to drop.... And then it grabbed me. This being my first run through of the game I HAD NO IDEA what in the wig was happening! It took me a few times to realize: hand things in ANY PLACE in the Legend of Zelda = BAAAADDD! I was in the room with the ladders and you have to flip the switch and the hallways twist and go strait and..... other such things.... Anyway, this thing really made the 8 year old me jump about 3 feet in the air. (This was particularly funny, according to my older brother, because I was only about 4 foot 2'):)
enemieslistpics.shtml
:zora:

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
The Wallmasters in the OoT Forest Temple. When one jumped on me from the ceiling, I literally left my couch from the fright(Because I jumped).

My Dear Epona

Its all about balance
I remember mine, i was on the forrest temple for the first time and i passed threw the twisted hallway and i was amazed and happy and suddenly! PAM! wallmaster, scary scary stuff

B

Bernkastel

The bottom of the well, but suprisingly, I love the shadow temple! I've never been afraid of it.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Redeads. Just, in general, wherever they appeared, particularly in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. If there was anything that freaked me out as a child, it was them, and if there was anything that freaks me out in a video game, it's something that leaves me so completely helpless as they did. I say that in the past-tense because I'm experienced enough now to deal with them, but as a small child about 9 or 10 years old playing Zelda, being paralyzed by a screeching zombie and then having it squeeze the life out of me because I couldn't possible get away was the worst feeling I could imagine. I suppose they were more tame in The Wind Waker - the entire art style is much more light-hearted, and that translates to all the enemies, plus I had time to kill the redead between the scream and the hug. I remember my brother (Shnappy ^^) telling me that the redeads in Twilight Princess were by far the most terrifying yet, but they actually didn't bother me nearly as much, perhaps because I was older when I first played that game.

Everyone seems so scared of Redeads, when I was a kid I thought they were kind of funny how they ''humped'' you lol
That is not to say I wasn't a scardy cat, I HATED wall masters in the Forest Temple especially when Navi first talked about 'monsters that hang from the ceiling' I would bolt through those rooms as fast as possible.
I found the bottom of the well really scary to, mostly just the atmosphere, those hands in the green acid lake, and the scariest to me was that huge bubble! That giant skull flying around the well made me crap my pants and i hated walking through the well wondering when it was going to come around the corner. At the time I didn't know how to beat it either, still creeps me out a bit lol

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
OoT the Redeads for reasons people have already and when Barnade gets all those wart-looking things and then explodes I puked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom