• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Effective Villain

Most Effective Villain

• Ganon/dorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Link

• Agahnim

• Majora

• Onox

• Veran

• Vaati

• Zant

• Bellum

• Malladus

• Chancellor Cole

• Twinrova

• Ghirahim

• Other

• Total voters

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
It doesn't mean your favorite villain, it means which villain gave you the feeling that he/she was really going to do those things, that the villain would make the game a good story.
Mine is Majora. He has absolutely no conscience. He turned Link into a Deku Scrub, took control of the Skull Kid, turned Kafei int a kid, and BROUGHT THE FREAKING MOON DOWN! This guy's a psychopath!

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Zant was my most effective villian. It was tough to kill him. Yes I thought we were gonna have to kill him once in the Twilight Palace. Instead, we kill him in all 3 temples. Using all the 3 items from the temples. He gave me that feeling that Zant really fit into the story of Twilight.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
Ghirahim seems like a bigger threat for Link than any other boss the other bosses were easy and not really a threat but Ghirahim seems like he is going to be one of the hardest villains Link will ever fight even though he is not intimidating

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I WOULD have said Zant was the most effective villain, story-wise, appearance-wise, intimidation-wise, etc. At first, he gave off that aura of total ruthless control, from the way he storms Hyrule Castle like it's child's play and the way he just gives Zelda her chilling ultimatum: surrender or die. He came off as incredibly confident in his power, and with good reason. That cutscene where he confronts Link and Midna in Lanayru's Spring is proof of what Zant could do; knock Link aside like a doll and manipulate Midna like a puppet, plus the chilling and merciless way he spoke.

That being said, after Ganondorf was introduced to the plot, Zant was kind of ruined, his role as villain tossed aside as a pawn and his impressive character torn down as a deranged madman. Really made me lose all respect for him.

So, since Zant is no longer an option for me, I would then say Majora, since like Zant, Majora gave off the initial impression of a callous and powerful supernatural being. The turning Link into a Deku Scrub and the summoning of a supernatural moon was proof of his power. The scene inside the moon was simply spine-tingling, since the juxtaposition of the apocalypse with the moon interior was just chilling. The only thing that ruined Majora for me was the child-like persona put on near the end, and the way the final boss battle seemed to indicate a loss of sanity, or perhaps a lack of sanity to begin with, on Majora's part. It showed a loss of control, which ruined a bit of the frightening aura set by the rest of the game.

I am hoping once Skyward Sword comes out that I'll be able to say Ghirahim is the most effective villain, since from what we've seen so far, he's not only an insanely powerful enemy (he can block and catch Link's sword with his hands for crying out loud), but he also has that chilling OMG CREEPY personality in a way that really intimidates the player. He gives off Zant's maniacal vibe, but without the deranged vibe that ruined Zant's character. I have high hopes for Ghirahim as a character and am really hoping the ending of SS doesn't ruin it as it ruined many other villains for me.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
Man, it was a hard choice between Ghirahim and Majora for me! Majora was dark, and basically almost caused an apocalypse. Ghirahim seems cold and calculating; An imposing threat.

Hmmm, Majora has no concern for it's own well-being and was going to entirely destroy the world... for no reason. That's scary, and feels so far from human or logic, there was no reasoning with it, no understanding it. While all the villains were definitely going to go through with their evil plans, there's just something about Majora that seems unstoppable when you first look up at that moon baring down on Clocktown.

However, I think that Vaati and Zant are interesting characters. Vaati's story might be cliche but it's developed, his motivation and thought process is shown to you, and you can even feel pity for the misguided fool. Zant's character is really bizarre, he seems so collected and menacing and then turns out to act more childish than anything. He's also pitiable, being used by Ganondorf.

For me it's Majora hands down. I mean, an evil spirit trapped in a terrifying (yet awesome) mask that takes over the body of a depressed, lonely, and vengeful Skull Kid, and then uses him to bring the Moon down to destroy the entire world in three days is the pinnacle of complete evil and terror for me. Majora is something that cannot be swayed and has no reason for it's actions. The lack of reason and sheer power of Majora just makes it the most effective villain for me (and the most awesome!)

I gotta say Majora simply because she(?) actually accomplishes her goal of the moon colliding with Termina. You get to actually WITNESS her(?) goals come to fruition on the Final Day. She appears to have destroyed everything, or at least Clock Town and its immediate vicinity, which is equally as wicked. Ganondorf did too in OoT (kinda), but take a look at Majora's track record of evildoing. Many other aspects that made Majora effective as a villain in MM were her reality-bending abilities, among other things. She was a welcoming change antagonist-wise in the Zelda series, and left a strong mark.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Why didn't you put Byrne?! There's a reason why I made him my avatar, you know!
Anyway, I thought he was a successful villan, untill he (spoiler alert!) joined forces with you and then died, because when Link did a stupid act and went right in front of him all he had to do was smack him so hard that he flew at least 10 yards away! Nothin' stands in his way, ya got it?!

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I would have to say Vaati. I mean fighting him wasn´t very easy, he fought well and with a lot of courage and determination. That´s why I have to say that he´s the most serious villain there is. I´ve beaten most Zelda games at least five times but when it comes to Minish Cap I normally don´t complete the game cause of the great difficulty Vaati creates!

i'm going to go with Majora on this, but because i have my own little fan idea with that mask, i always felt it would be a great story idea if Ganondorf happened to come across the mask and put it on for himself adding to his already obtained ultimate power

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Zant.

Majora is just...Crazy. Zant however, planned it all out and created diversions to create chaos and capture Hyrule off-guard. Not to mention he was a sadistic power-mongering fool. He really let Link suffer when he was turned back into a Wolf, cursed Midna, and even drag Link into a fight but he lost ultimately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom