• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Anticipated Game(s) of 2014

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Smash Bros. (3DS and Wii U)
Tales of Xillia 2
Watch Dogs
Batman: Arkham Knight
X
Dying Light
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors

Also looking forward to the reveal of "Zelda U" at E3.

Ganondork

goo
Mercedes said:
Finally, DayZ. It's already in Alpha and I've been playing it on and off and it's still just as fun as the mod. It's pretty damn buggy but that's what I'd expect from an Alpha; it's playable and very fun! I enjoy DayZ in the same reason I enjoyed Minecraft where there's no real goal, you just survive and do whatever you want, make your own fun. Did the same on DayZ as a mod and shall be doing the same in the standalone! I'm expecting some great things from the finished product. Don't let me down Dean Hall!

If I recall correctly, the game will be hitting beta at the end of the year, not fully releasing.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Super Smash Bros. Watching the stream last night got me really pumped to play Smash Run on the 3DS with friends. I am also psyched to try out Little Mac and Greninja. While I am not sure how I feel about the splitting up of stages between 3DS and Wii U, I can still appreciate all of the effort they have put into the game thus far. I can't wait to see what other characters are added.

The Evil Within is definitely up there on my list. It's going to be a fantastic horror game, and I hope it will be more scary than some "Horror" titles (read: Dead Space). I haven't been keeping up with it too much to avoid spoilers, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Not technically a new game, but it is about as long and content-filled as one; I can't wait for Warlords of Draenor. That is going to be a fantastic expansion. A quick perusing of the patch notes for the expansion shows a lot of changes that will shake up the rotations of each individual class. Also new Tauren looks rad.

It's not guaranteed that it will hit full release, but Heroes of the Storm is going to be fantastic. Blizzard's ARTS is really taking the best from dotA, taking out the toxicity that League has, and adding their own unique twists. I'm so psyched to play on the different maps with different objectives. I can't wait to be Diablo and just annihilate Sonya.

Hyrule Warriors also looks interesting upon investigating a bit further. I like the seemingly fluid combat, as well as the enormous mob density.

I wish this game was a bit more well known, but Everybody's Gone to the Rapture looks amazing. I wish it was on PC as well as PS4, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. Dear Esther was an amazing game with a fantastic ending, and I can't wait to see what they make this time around.

Destiny looks like a lot of fun, as well. I already have it pre ordered, and I am psyched for the summer so that I can beta test it. I don't care how similar it may be to Halo, it's not a necessarily bad thing.

I hope Distance will be released for soon, as well. I've been sitting on that pre order for about five months now, and I have been waiting patiently for its release. Nitronic Rush was a nice demo for it, and I am fully anticipating a much more fleshed out title. Community involvement will also make it fantastic.

And last but not least, Wolfenstein: The New Order. I kind of miss games like Wolfenstein, so it will be a fantastic change of pace from the serious shooters to a more over-the-top style first person shooter. I was tempted to pre order it, but I decided against it, as I am saving up for a Wii U.

2014 is a good year for gaming, just like 2013 was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom