• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Anticipated Game(s) of 2014

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Simple enough. What game, or games, are you most looking forward to that are set/expected to release in 2014?

---

The one game I am looking forward to more than any other is Mario Kart 8 (which I usually call 'M-Zero'). I fudging love Mario Kart and number 8 looks absolutely incredible. I tell you, I cannot wait to get run over in mid air by a jumbo jet :D

Clank

Hmm
There actually aren't any games that I am currently aware of that I am looking forward to in 2014... Personally I think SSB4 might be a top pick in this thread though.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Fallout 4? Maybe... Hopefully... Pretty please, Bethesda?... I'll love you forever... I'll give you a kiss...

Anyways, not really anything to be honest. I'm kind of looking forward to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Bravely Default, but nothing else really interest me that much.

I'm really looking forward to the Zelda Wii U announcement though, even though I don't have a Wii U.

1. Project X and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
3. Hat in Time (if it comes out for Wii U)
4. Bravely Default

Honorable mentions: ZeldaU (I doubt it'll be out this year, but you never know), Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

octorok74

TETTAC
Well, I doubt Fallout 4 will come out this year, but if it does then that. But since it won't I would have to say I'm looking forward to three games actually. I am looking forward to Watch Dogs, Titanfall, and Destiny. Watch Dogs simply cause I live just South of Chicago and think it would be really fun to cause mischief in the city. Titanfall cause it looks amazing and I'm really interested in how the pilots and the titans are kind of equally matched in a way. And destiny, well come on. Bungie always makes great games and this one is going to be awesome. And I really like the wasteland look of things, which makes me feel oddly comfortable. So those are my three most anticipated games of 2014, hopefully none of them get delayed.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
And we'll never be royals (ROYALS) it don't run in our blood, those kind of looks just aint for us, we crave a different kinda buzzz
my most anticipated game(s) is Kingdom Hearts III (hopefully it comes in 2014), Final Fantasy XV (hopefully it comes in 2015 doe), Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, TitanFall Premium Edition + extra DLC, Battlefield 4, A Blood Wolf, Tom Clancy's the Division, Toon Universe, Klinkerklest II, Udyr Spirit Guard, Super Mario 3D Galaxy, Doughboy Xtreme for PC, Doctor Who the Video Game, and Mario Kart 9.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, for 3DS and Mario Kart 8 have all got me immensely looking forward to their releases. Tropical Freeze is another game getting my attention, though not to the same extent.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I doubt I'll play much in 2014, so I'm not realistically looking forward to the line up of games. However, if I had to say:

• Fallout 4 (maybe?)
  • Zelda Wii U (maybe?)
  • Watchdogs
  • Super Smash Bros 4 (kinda)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Witcher 3 is definitely my most anticipated game, by a mile. It increasingly looks like my perfect game in everyway, a huge world to explore with so much to do but not sacrificing deep RPG and combat mechanics and a great story with choice too! I'm a bit worried because I have such insanely high expectations from this game, so it may not live up to the pedastal my brain has put it on, but I seriously hope it does and nothing's been shown that so far would make me think otherwise. It's also a gorgeous game and exactly how I think a next-gen game should look; next-gen starts when CD Projekt says it does! Looks like a very open, organic experience and I simply cannot wait. I shall be buying straight from GOG.com too so CDP gets all of my money. I'd like to activate it on Steam too though, please let me do that!

Watch Dogs is another title I really can't wait for. It does look incredibly fun and a very interesting premise to the game. All I hope for is a lot of free reign in when and how I use my capabilities and not have everything just be glorified set-pieces. One thing I dislike about COD, for instance, is all the stuff you do isn't as amazing when you've been pushed down a corridor and spoon-fed it all. What I mean by that is, for example, Skyrim is way less cinematic than it but I get way more gratification from it than COD and similar games because I thought of stuff myself, its organic, the game didn't just tell me to do this. :P And I much prefer that. So I hope Watch Dogs can be like that.

The new Thief title would be another one which has been falling under quite a few people's radars recently. I adored the original Thief games, really were a pinnacle in the stealth genre and I hope this one lives up to it. There;s been some issues with development, it seems to have been plagued with problems but hopefully that doesn't dampen the experience. I quite like, contrary to what others thought, how jumps are context-sensitive since, as the developers said, Garrett is a master-thief and wouldn't miss a jump and wouldn't fall off a bookcase. So having it all context-sensitive I think will help with the immersion of truly being a master Thief! And it's from the guys who made Deus Ex: Human Revolution so I love them!

Going to throw Titanfall out too. Call of Duty has dipped in many people's expectations, for right or wrong, but COD4 remains in the heart of many as a very awesome game. I still love it and it's still being played on PC quite a lot. And because of that the guys coming back who made all my favourite Call of Duty games, especially 4, is pretty exciting and they've came back with one hell of a fun looking game. Hopefully it gets quite the crowd on PC since it looks very fun. It's like Planetside and Hawken had a baby and then had him grow up playing Call of Duty! All the developer discussions and interviews have pointing to this being a pretty cool game too, so, I'm really excited to play it!

And considering all the signs are currently pointing to it being Valve's next game for 2014, since some people forget have kept a consistent 'at least 1 game per year' release schedule since 1998 so we know it's coming, is Left 4 Dead 3. I'll be happy with anything Valve puts out, they're pretty hard to fault when it comes to quality and consistency of their titles, but I really really like Left 4 Dead and I'm really craving a new one. I hope they have a better cast of survivors this time since apart from Nick I didn't really like the new cast very much. I also wasn't too fond of the setting. Good map design but the bright southern theme just didn't do it for me in the same way No Mercy did.

Finally, DayZ. It's already in Alpha and I've been playing it on and off and it's still just as fun as the mod. It's pretty damn buggy but that's what I'd expect from an Alpha; it's playable and very fun! I enjoy DayZ in the same reason I enjoyed Minecraft where there's no real goal, you just survive and do whatever you want, make your own fun. Did the same on DayZ as a mod and shall be doing the same in the standalone! I'm expecting some great things from the finished product. Don't let me down Dean Hall!

There's a few games that are un-announced that I'm also looking forward to, if they do actually release in 2014. I have no idea if they will so I'll hold my tongue so far but that's it for now!

I find myself surprisingly optimistic for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. For all of the shortcoming the first XIII game had, I'm still glad I played it. I found myself getting invested in the characters at least, which is something that I think is really important in a modern Final Fantasy game. The gameplay was a nice concept, and I did think there was some depth to it, so it really isn't all that bad or terrible. FXIII-2 caught me off guard, since I really didn't think there was any more room for an additional plot in that universe. I just really liked the concept of FXIII-3, where time is non-existant, and all the main characters seem to have either completely changed personality wise because of their failure, or just shadows of their former selves because they've just given up.

Plus the game structure, from what I've gathered, could be somewhat similar to the structure of MM as far as the time aspect is concerned. That could be a huge plus.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I find myself surprisingly optimistic for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

Oh dear god no. No. No NO. I'm sorry but NO. LRFFXIII...oh God just no. Vergo I advise you to turn your head in shame. I'm sorry. The game is not what it makes itself out to be. I will tell you a very important word and a potential spoiler: Earth. Just stop and turn around before you drop $60 on that game..

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
SSB4 3DS, definitely. I probably won't be getting a Wii U anytime soon, so I'll settle for the 3DS version.

Seeing as I don't own a Wii U, that's about it...

Oh dear god no. No. No NO. I'm sorry but NO. LRFFXIII...oh God just no. Vergo I advise you to turn your head in shame. I'm sorry. The game is not what it makes itself out to be. I will tell you a very important word and a potential spoiler: Earth. Just stop and turn around before you drop $60 on that game..

Hah, I've tried to avoid all the details about the game, so what I do know about it, plot or otherwise, is next to nothing. I do collect Final Fantasy games though, so I've already dropped a pre-order. It could be terrible, just like I thought XIV was upon its initial release, but still, it's a series I'm dedicated to. I'll be the first to tear it to pieces if it doesn't wrap up this whole XIII series though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom