• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Annoying Zelda Character?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I too find Kaepora Gaebora to be annoying and also Midna she's such a stuck-up self-centered brat.

I found Navi annoying and not very helpful even on my 1st time playing OoT at age 6 I pretty much knew how to defeat the bosses from watching my brother play against them.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
ugh....I HATE Kaepora Gaebora...kept having to re-listen to his annoyingly long speeches...:(
then there's the TP Postman. *shudder* O.O
........And Navi...."Hey listen! WATCHOUT! LOOK! x.x...
I really don't mind midna...not as annoying as Navi....

I really don't understand you guys. Don't you have any sense of humour?
I love almost every single character I've seen come by on this thread.
- Keapora Gaebora, I love this guy AND his theme song. And the thing with accidentaly pressing 'yes' when he's explaining stuff is obviously intentional. Looking back, he's one of the things that made OoT so memorable.
- Tingle, probably my most favorite character in the entire series (plus Happy Mask Salesman and Skull Kid/Majora). To me, he represents the unique feel of Zelda. His quirkyness, character and animations are spot on imo, and I reeaally want to see him in SS. Him being so greedy only adds to his character, and I loved visiting him in WW. He's the sole example why Zelda is in great hands with Nintendo and would lose his charm with western developers, as he's overflowing with delightful japanese weirdness.
- Postman (TP), same story as with Tingle.

I feel like all of these character make Zelda what is is and provide that feeling of uniqueness that other games don't have.

The most annoying character to me is Midna.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Why should there be a most annoying character? They're just representations of how different people in this world can be. But gamewise, they are needed to add variance and, at times, humor, as Tingle did despite MM's typical dreary atmosphere.

B

BlindZelda

Kaepora Gaebora is the most ANNOYING Zelda Character.
His Job: To give you information that you either don't care about, or already know.
Tingle, he has a VERY important role in MM and WW. Navi is VERY helpful if its your first time playing.
Kaepora Gaebora on the other hand...

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
THE MOST ANNOYING CHARACTER IS FROM MM

The Business Scrub, each time you walk by his flower and he flies down it takes so long and is very annoying

*groans* I forgot about that, yeah you're right. That one falls under the radar a bit.

dark link and tingle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Link? :O I love Dark Link! Why do you think he's annoying?

As for the obvious choices everyone keeps picking--

Navi: I love her actually. She doesn't bother me at all, and she's my favorite targeting partner, mostly because I think the sound effect for Z-targeting with her is the coolest, especially when accompanied by the battle music starting up in the background.

Kaepora Gaebora: Ok...I agree with people on this one. He is seriously annoying.

Tingle: Naaah, I don't particularly have a problem with him.

As a completely obscure choice, I think the dancing couple in OoT/MM is VERY annoying with the way they address Link as if he's not there.

"Honey, we have a customer. It looks like he wants to play! Oh look, he won't play. We've already won honey!"

Urgh.

Ticks me off and gets on my nerves. That being the reason why I love beating their game three days in a row in MM...they get completely speechless and grumpy :D

Last edited:

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Most annoying character...
not necessarily a "character", per-say, but in the original LoZ, when you cut the tall grass sometimes you'd find a stairway down to a hermit's house. Sometimes they'll ask you to keep their location a secret, but there was one I found who would kill you as soon as you entered. It's like "WTF!? I've been doing this all game and you KILL me for EXPLORING!?"

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The most annoying character is Malo. No matter how good you are, he still finds a way to insult you with his sarcastic attitude. His ugly baby face will haunt you and he even insults you when you want to buy something. From the first moment I didn't like him and I still don't like him, but he gets one plus point for the catchy castle town shop song. Kaepora Gaebora, Navi, Midna and Tingle sure are annoying, but at least they try to help instead of insult you (well, most of the time).

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Hmmmmmm tough choice. I love Kaepora Gaebora. There's more to him then most people see. Tingle is funny in MM, but I haven't played to much WW so I don't know much about him in that. Navi was a useful guide in OoT. Tatl was kind of funny in MM. Linebeck was an arrogant, annoying, greedy, lazy and flat out immoral. I hated him in PH. He was a good story line element, but I think they made him a bad character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom