• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Annoying Battles

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I got a few actually. In OoT, Jabu Jabu Belly's miniboss (don't know its name) was irritating, trying to catch up to it to try to get in range of the boomerang, what a pain. In AoL, the blue iron knuckles. In LoZ, the stupid darknuts, i just couldn't hit 'em, they always tore down my hearts. In ALttP, Moldorm and Mothula both angered me.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
... In OoT, Jabu Jabu Belly's miniboss (don't know its name) was irritating, trying to catch up to it to try to get in range of the boomerang, what a pain...
I always beat that guy with the "kamikaze" method: I just let him hit me so he'd turn around. This took away some hearts but made the entire procedure a whole lot shorter ;)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Basically, anything with a sword or an axe. Especially the Iron Knuckles, Darknuts and Stalfos. These guys are brutal, and I know that it used to take me about 3 fairies to kills one Iron Knuckle. The Blue ones in AoL were also a pain with their throwing things at me and all. I'm just not very good at sword combat. I know the areas in OoT where there would be two or three Stalfos and and you had to kill them all before the others came back to life was very unnerving. I'd usually be fine, but the suspense really got to me.

Boss-wise, I'd have to say either Bongo Bongo - espeically the first time - the boss of City in the Sky (forget it's name) and the boss of the Wind Temple in WW (Also forget it's name). :P

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I really hated the stalchildren in OoT because it's a endless stream of enemies at night time. This problem gets solved when you learn the suns song. But until then, it's annoying as ever.
I also hated the freezards and those "ice guards" with the lances. The Ball chain just doesn't have enough reach to defeat them easily.
Also, Metal Knuckles in MM, These guys got faster and smarter by a lot. The ones in OoT were a absolute joke, but these are hard.
Cucoos are also a pain, unless you're on Epona or playing Twilight Princess, you'd better run for you life.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Cieling Masters, Floor Masters, The Hands of Zant, and ALTTP-version Moldorm.

I was playing ALTTP yesterday and fighting Moldorm... I got him after a few tries but knocking the Hero off the platform instead of facing the fight? That's just cowardly, Moldorm.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I hate the tile worms on TP, before you get a boomerang they are impossible to defeat. And seriously, I don't know why Fraaz was the second boss, he was the hardest in ST.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Ohohohoh. Darknuts. From TP and AoL.
They're my weakness. Seriously. And the ONE reason I didn't beat the Cave of Ordeals or finish Adventure of Link. x__x;;
So many bad memories from those evil, vile creatures...
So. Darn. Irritating.

... But this thread is about annoying battles, is it not? I guess the most irritating has to be that mini-boss in Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly.
GAAAH. I actually threw my controller while fighting him the first time. It was the worst experience of my life. D:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I generally find wizrobe to be annoying after facing him so many times throughout the series and especially as a reoccurring mini boss in MM. also the frog/turtle combo in the woodfall and great bay temples aren't that fun either. I think they could have given us a bit more variety but decided to take the easy route and double up some of the mini bosses.

My very first frustration came from fighting Dark Link in OoT. I was confused the first time I fought him because I was just trying to get through the freakin temple. Plus that arena reminded me of that Hyperbolic Time Chamber from Dragonball Z, so I was more interested in exploring than fighting. Needless to say I beat him after figuring out what to do, but the second time I played through (my friend wanted to watch me beat the whole game) I got to Dark Link and couldn't freaking land a hit! It pissed me off knowing I had beaten him so easily the first time it was almost like the difficulty increased or something. I remember losing so many fairies. I'm just glad I got the Biggoron's Sword that time, I was so fed up I just smacked the **** out of him with it.

Also, in WW the very first boss was god damn difficult, cause I didn't know what to do. I caught on to Valoo's tail and was just swinging around aimlessly, thinking I had to drop on top of that crab's shell or something. Not to mention, I was playing this in the car on a family road trip- typical families sleep or watch movies....mine just argues. It totally takes away from the Zelda experience when your concetration is diverted.

Din Akera

Sniper
Armos statues!
I hate them! You never want to touch them just incase they come alive, but you have to because there is usually a switch or something.
Then when they do come alive you have to get them t run of the stupid bomb that never blows up at the right time and then run away while it spins after you and explodes in your face!
And then! you have to try the next one in the freaking line up of them to find the on that isn't alive so you can use it for your freaking silver switch!

Whew. I feel better now. :)

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
i dont remember if i already posted this but.... wart because he take forever to get rid of all those 'eggs?' and the big octo inside of jabu-jabu. but most importantly gyorg because you cant use projectiles after he's stunned, like the arrows or the feirce deity's sword lazer. you have to go down into the water, where he wants you, and then hit him like twice as a zora and then quickly get out without getting omnomnomed or just swim like a crazy idiot using rapid electric attacks that i can never nail on him without him showing me a world of hurt with his teeth

Nine-tailed Fox

FUS RO DAH!!!!
Poes and Bulblins in the Wind Waker. First time you encounter poes you have to get Medli all the way up on the ledge after playing the Command Melody shine the ****ing harp on ONE poe. Return control to Link, then quickly jump down from wherever you are then kill the poe while you have bulblins running around and repeat the process. And Bulblins because they're just plain annoying.

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
The battles only get annoying to me are like Gohma. Whenever I want to play through OoT again, Fighting Gohma is so annoying because Ive done it so many time already.

@lex MM

The Lurker
The most annoying battle for me is the battle with Gyorg. I must shoot with the arrows, put the Zora mask on:zora:, go underwater and hit him! So annoying and tiring...:tired:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom