• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Morpheel Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writer4God

GeekChic
I am having a hard time trying to swim close enough to Morpheel to take out his eye but it's not working. I either get sucked up or I end up having to put on the iron boots to avoid getting sucked up.

When I do swim up to Morpheel, I try to clawshot but it's not long enough to reach him. I try swimming closer but he keeps moving in a circular pattern once I get in a good position to get him.

Is it me or the controls perhaps, because when I try to swim upward, I end up swimming upward in a circular pattern and not in a straight line.

I know how to Z-target the eye in his tentacles but, for the life of me, cannot beat him in his second form. It's really hard to swim up to his back and keep in motion with him while simultaneously trying to z-target the eye on his back. Any tips?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Swim towards his mouth and when he attempts the suck you up, try to use it to your advantage and propel yourself forward to the eye above his head.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Swim to a high part of the room, equip your Iron Boots, when you get close enough, use Z Target and the Clawshot. But make sure your in the center of that circle pattern he swims in.

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a platform running along the edge of the arena? Instead of swimming, climb on there. Avoid its arm, and when it moves, use your Hookshot from the edge.

I might be thinking of the wrong game, so don't get mad at me...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hahah no there is no platform there. You have to swim. It actually is a bit tricky but you have to time it perfectly. Swim above him but not too high. He will swim towards you after a while and make sure your legs are at the same height of his mouth and then keep z targetting and shoot. You will be pulled on his back. It is a bit of practice but once you got it it will be like childs play

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Always found just going straight up and letting morph come to you seem to work everytime dumb thing doesnt know how to dodge.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Thank you guys for your suggestions. I'll keep them in mind. Worse comes to worse, I'll give my cousin $20 to beat Morpheel for me.

Don't you dare pay your cousin to beat him for you! Just keep trying if you continue to die. You'll never be satisfied if you don't beat him yourself.

Writer4God

GeekChic
Thank you guys. It's my first time playing the game so I guess it's easy for me to get frustrated but I'm not giving up.

Practice makes perfect.

Writer4God

GeekChic
Also, I gave this some thought. Would it hurt if I tried targeting Morpheel's eye with water bomb arrows (in second form, not first)?

Also, I gave this some thought. Would it hurt if I tried targeting Morpheel's eye with water bomb arrows (in second form, not first)?

No, I don't think that will work; I believe the only way to kill him is with your sword.

What I did when I battled him was I swam around on the level he was swimming on, and when he came close to me I quickly swam up slightly above him. After doing this, immediately Z-target the eye and use your Clawshot. Even if he is swimming around quickly, you should be able to latch on to him if you do this fast enough.

It may take a few tries to get the technique down, but if you keep on working at him, you'll beat him eventually. ;)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No waterbomb arrows won't work. It worked for the midboss but not for Morpheel. You have to defeat him with your sword. Just swim close to him and if you are facing troubles with his mouth and being sucked in simply swim above him. Z target and while z-targetting swim lower till you are close enough to be pulled on top of him when you shoot your clawshot

Just stay behind him and when he turns to circle around just cut him off. You have to be really close to get the clawshot to reach his eye. The clawshot is actually quite tiny in comparison to the massive space you battle him in, so keep that in mind.

Writer4God

GeekChic
I beat Morpheel! Yay! ::does her happy dance::

But I feel weird somehow. Morpheel is supposed to be an easy boss and it took me forever to beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom