• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Darknuts!!!

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
.....Hi guys! I just wanted to see if anyone agrees with me in saying that the Temple of Time miniboss has got to be your favorite enemy in Twilight Princess (But for me, it was the best part in general :P). I suppose I could explain how I bought my first Zelda game just because of the knight clad in black armor and the elf-like boy fighting it, but it was also the setting. For someone who has no idea of Zelda at the time, that medieval battle in a light bathed temple was the coolest thing a 9 year old geek could ever see. Now to my complaint. Other than the Temple of Time, Hyrule Castle, and the Cave of Ordeals-you cannot fight a Darknut more than once (except the former).
.....Even then, it was extremely hard to get to the high floors in that cave-just to fight them a few times. The Darknut itself is a test of your power with the sword and shield you get in the beginning. As opposed to the easier/unoriginal bosses that could easily be beaten with the item from that dungeon. Do you guys think you should have more opportunities to fight a Darknut? Do you think that they should be more challenging in future games?
Post your opinions here. ;)

Definitely agree. Let's think of all the places that Darknuts are in in The Wind Waker, shall we?

Tower of the Gods
Hyrule Castle
Wind Temple
Savage Labyrinth
Hyrule Castle (again)
Ganon's Tower

And most of these areas have more than one Darknut. But in Twilight Princess, they are hardly anywhere, which is unfortunate because I love Darknuts in Twilight Princess, favorite non-boss enemy in the game, hands-down. They're a challenge to fight, but they still retain their fun-ness to fight. That, and they look great in Twilight Princess.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
They should be harder. The more difficult, the better. Though fighting four at a time on your second trip through the Cave of Ordeals is a nightmare... Though just using bombs takes much of the difficulty away. The Darknuts in Wind Waker were just really annoying, since all you could do to them was basically just parry their attacks. The Darknuts in TP are awesome.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I haven't gotten to Darknuts in Twilight Princess yet, but I had fun with them in Wind Waker. I liked that room that had, like, 10 of them at once. I enjoyed killing them.

O

Owl

They should be harder. The more difficult, the better. Though fighting four at a time on your second trip through the Cave of Ordeals is a nightmare... Though just using bombs takes much of the difficulty away. The Darknuts in Wind Waker were just really annoying, since all you could do to them was basically just parry their attacks. The Darknuts in TP are awesome.
Whoa that dungeon changes the enemies the second time! Have to go try that.

Other than that, Darknuts were fun in TP because they offered legitimate challenge. Although i could never get the Shield Bash to work (the nunchuck would always read it as a spin attack) so I just spammed back-slice. Nevertheless, the Darknut with two aeralfos in the Cave of ordeals were probably the only time I ever died in that game (aside from when i did it on purpose). If they could create a Darknut as fun as the TP ones in Skyward Sword, I think I would play that game ten times in one year, just to fight them.

Dark Nuts were my absolute favorite enemies in twilight princess, but if a game overused these enemys they would become tiresome to beat. If nintendo wants to add more Dark Nuts, they should have the dark nuts upgrade themselves. The first darknut could be really slow with weak armor and a short sword, but then they could get darknuts with maces, bows and arrows, two swords, and just about anything else that would make them harder to fight. In the end, you would be looking forward to this enemy, not dreading him being over-used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom