• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Modest Mouse

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Just wondering what you guys thought about the band Modest Mouse.
:)
Personally, I enjoy most of their music, but I can understand if other people don't like them.
I think their sound is an acquired taste that kind of had to grow on you. Most people know them from the song Float On, although that's probably their...happiest and most normal song :lol:.
Anyway, they're different from most music, and that could either be good or bad.
For me it's good. ;)
My favorite song from them is either Devil's Workday or Parting of the Sensory.
What do you guys think?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It kind of sounds like a cross between Country Western music, and Jazz.

It's not really my taste, but it's something I'll choose to listen to over rap, if a friend only has that and a rap CD. I've chosen it over rap a few times.

I suppose it could grow on me, but I like Power Metal and 80's Rock and Pop the best. Oh, and Synthpop isn't bad either.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I really like modest mouse. My favorite songs are "Bury Me With It" and "Dancehall". I'm not sure why this is, but I also have an affinity for screamo and grindcore metal and these songs match that in intensity.

I get tired of them when the music becomes a sort of ambient noise and I tune it out...

heh I just wrote a blog entry related to this.

While I never actually owned an album, I was really into them before the Float On era. That song is all right, but their older stuff is so much cooler. Dramamine is probably my favorite song of theirs.

M

MountainTroll

i really like modest mouse. my favorites are dancehall and king rat.

Who is this group? I'mma check it out.

Eh, they're not that bad. For some odd reason, they remind me of The Offspring. O.O

S

Spartan

I've only listened to a few of their songs, but they're pretty cool from what I've heard of them.
Dashboard is one of my favorite songs of all time for sure. But Isaac's definitely got a voice than needs accustoming to

C

Connor

I really like their music, they are one of my favourite bands in fact. My favourite songs from them are: We've Got Everything, Dashboard and Float On, but most of their other songs don't come far behind. ;) Great band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom