• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Miyamoto Disappointed in AoL; Sheds Light on Future of Zelda

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"I wouldn't say that I've ever made a bad game, per se, but a game I think we could have done more with was Zelda II: The Adventure of Link."
"When we're designing games, we have our plan for what we're going to design but in our process it evolves and grows from there," Miyamoto said. "In Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, unfortunately all we ended up creating was what we had originally planned on paper."
"I think specifically in the case of Zelda II we had a challenge just in terms of what the hardware was capable of doing,"

Sourec: http://kotaku.com/shigeru-miyamotos-bad-game-514017583

What's your thoughts on this? Spirit of Rutela made a really cool thread that may have sparked this, and it also goes to show their mentality with modern Zelda: most games are really just testing grounds for what can come to pass. TWW was a testing ground for TP; TPWii was a test for SS; OoT3D was a test for ZeldaBLT; WWHD is a test for Zelda U.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Are you saying Zelda II 2? D:

My face on that theoretical launch day

[video=youtube;UZl-kQ3JFNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZl-kQ3JFNI[/video]

In all seriousness, I'd love to see a game built in the world of AoL, adjusted for modern hardware, conventions, and sensibilities. The backstory is beautifully dystopian and glum.

Salem

SICK
Curmudgeon, I did that to myself once, I'm tempted to do it again. someone help me.

Also I agree with you on Aol, a sequel on wii u would be nice. I might actually beat it:S

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My face on that theoretical launch day

[video=youtube;UZl-kQ3JFNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZl-kQ3JFNI[/video]

In all seriousness, I'd love to see a game built in the world of AoL, adjusted for modern hardware, conventions, and sensibilities. The backstory is beautifully dystopian and glum.

A. Challenge accepted.

B. It sounds so crazy but it might work. Make a modern zelda in Zelda II's world. It might give Zelda II some more appreciation.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
If ALBW wasn't top down, I'd agree with OoT 3DS being a test...but as it stands, I don't see how OoT 3DS will help ALBW's development...also, wasn't it made by Grezzo?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If ALBW wasn't top down, I'd agree with OoT 3DS being a test...but as it stands, I don't see how OoT 3DS will help ALBW's development...also, wasn't it made by Grezzo?

See what the 3DS is capable of, duh. Grezzo developing it doesn't mean Nintendo didn't have its natural insider's look at things, and it isn't like they don't have the final product!

Salem

SICK
Yes OoT 3d was made by grezzo.

Now I'm not sure what Ventus meant by testing ground. Was there a quote about in the link? I couldn't find it.

ZeldaBLT?
I know you meant LBW not BLT... but I like to make those observations.

If that's so, then at least make Zelda U excellent Mr. Miyamoto.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
ZeldaBLT?
I know you meant LBW not BLT... but I like to make those observations.

If that's so, then at least make Zelda U excellent Mr. Miyamoto.

Ill answer this one, LOL, BLT was something that Justac00lguy said a while back, and lets just say it kinda stuck for the group that thought it was really funny, I am one of those who say BLT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom