• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Missing Character Theories

I'll be back to posting more often on the forums now, and to come back I'd like to hear everyone's personal thoughts on the characters that go missing from Ocarina of Time post timeskip. These theories don't have to be too serious, perhaps just a silly little story you made up while playing if you were curious about such things. Two characters that stand out for me personally are Fado the Kokiri, who only appears in the Biggoron's sword sidequest, with a somewhat creepy chunk of dialogue in my opinion :p
and the graveyard kid. The story I always thought in my head when it came to this kid is as follows;
Sometime in his early teens, Dampe dies, somewhat of a role model of his (strangely) I imagine after hanging around a graveyard so much, and with that spooky mask he can't not be aware of the poes, likely growing used to them. Being devastated by Dampe's death, he tries to make a deal with the poes, to bring him back from the dead, but instead they curse him, he rapidly ages, and to reverse the curse he placed on himself accidentally he needs the souls of ten big poes, he waits in an old watch tower in the now ruined castle town, waiting for an assistant to help his frail body to break free of the curse.
More of a bad creepypasta than a theory I know, but as I said, it's not to be taken too seriously :p, what did you think of my theory, perhaps you have a different one? maybe even theories on where new characters have come from post timeskip? like the potions lady? I'd love to hear your thoughts and your own theories :)

When it comes to mising characters, I'd just love to know in AoL where all the women who let Link into their houses to talk to the old man go to?

I have this theory about the missing Gerudo in TP:

After Link goes back to his own time (Child Timeline) Ganondorf is prevented from taking over Hyrule. It might be possible that Ganondorf was sentenced for his crimes (or at least for his not-so-good intentions) by King of Hyrule (at earliest) or by Zelda(&Link, possibly) (once she got the throne). Arbiter's Grounds was the place where Ganondorf's sentence took place and he was sent to Twilight Realm.

So, it could be that maybe the Gerudo fled from Hyrule because Hyrulians most likely did not take kindly to them. (Even if it was in no way their fault that their leader was evil.) Or maybe they were ordered to leave. At the absolute worst it could be that they were sentenced into Arbiter's Grounds along with Ganondorf, but personally I prefer to think that they left.

Conor

the over analysing guy
That's an interesting theory, Pi, I'm pretty sure somewhere in arbiter's grounds there's a carving of Ganon and Link. Perhaps that could mean something?
Also, WOW, I didn't notice all those posts on page 2, my threads almost never take off like this xD

If there were a carving of Link and Ganon somewhere (I haven't seen one?) it could hint that Arbiter's Grounds was built AFTER OoT, possibly meaning that main reason for it to exist (aside from containing the Mirror of Twilight, of course) was to judge Ganondorf.

I guess I should go and look for some screenshots (or play TP and try to find it).

Conor

the over analysing guy
I saw a screenshot on this website somewhere, unfortunately I can't remember the name of the thread. I'm sure somebody will know it.

But the Gerudo in OoT were already separated from the Hylians for the most part, I mean they were already living in a completely secluded desert, so where else could they leave to, even if they were ordered to leave? I could only think deeper into the desert, explaining their TP absence.

Lands outside of Hyrule? Lurk in parts of the desert unknown to Hyrulians? The desert can be huge. Because clearly they left, but I just think that possible explanation could be that they were driven out of Hyrule.

Hyrulians(/Hylians) might not have trusted them (clearly they are not above racism - the doctor in TP is rather good proof of that IMO) and leaving was the best option for them?

Just my little theory on this.

Z

Zeldatriforce

Here is something i have been wondering how many biggorons are there u see 2 in ocarina of time and 1 in majoras mask so i was thinking wat if there is really more of them and they are a hidden super race of gorons. After majoras mask u dont see another unless u count the boss in death mountain in twilight princess

Last edited by a moderator:

Conor

the over analysing guy
The second "biggoron" you're referring to in OoT is medigoron, and Majora's mask is in another dimension so that doesn't really count, maybe it's just that family of goron's that're exceptionally large? there's another goron larger than the average but I think smaller than medigoron that gives you a bomb bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom