• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Missing Character Theories

Conor

the over analysing guy
I'll be back to posting more often on the forums now, and to come back I'd like to hear everyone's personal thoughts on the characters that go missing from Ocarina of Time post timeskip. These theories don't have to be too serious, perhaps just a silly little story you made up while playing if you were curious about such things. Two characters that stand out for me personally are Fado the Kokiri, who only appears in the Biggoron's sword sidequest, with a somewhat creepy chunk of dialogue in my opinion :p
and the graveyard kid. The story I always thought in my head when it came to this kid is as follows;
Sometime in his early teens, Dampe dies, somewhat of a role model of his (strangely) I imagine after hanging around a graveyard so much, and with that spooky mask he can't not be aware of the poes, likely growing used to them. Being devastated by Dampe's death, he tries to make a deal with the poes, to bring him back from the dead, but instead they curse him, he rapidly ages, and to reverse the curse he placed on himself accidentally he needs the souls of ten big poes, he waits in an old watch tower in the now ruined castle town, waiting for an assistant to help his frail body to break free of the curse.
More of a bad creepypasta than a theory I know, but as I said, it's not to be taken too seriously :p, what did you think of my theory, perhaps you have a different one? maybe even theories on where new characters have come from post timeskip? like the potions lady? I'd love to hear your thoughts and your own theories :)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Fado, as seen in the Wind Waker, became the Wind Sage, and helped give power to the Master Sword by praying for it, like Laruto, an unseen OoT Character. And no, Fado is NOT Saria. If one looks in the basement of Caslte Hyrule, there are stained glass pictures of every Sage. Saria stays the same and keep the green hair, and she was proficient in playing an Ocarina, and Fado has blonde hair and a violin. They are different people. And also, if they were the same, why would they change the names? Sure, Jabu-Jabu changed to Jabun, but that was to hide from Ganon. And this is Fado, because she does say she was a friend to the Hero of Time, but whether she became the Wind Sage after Link came back from Termina (assuming he does) or became the Wind Sage before it is yet to be seen.

As for the kid, I like your theory. Reminds me a lot of Jovani. And it fits. Kudos to you, as I never would have thought that theory up.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Thanks for the kind words Rytex, but I'm afraid have to disagree with you on Fado, the Fado that appears in Wind Waker seems very male to me, I always imagined him being an ancestor of the OoT Fado, I'm almost certain that Male and Female Kokiri wear specific gender based clothing (with only Link breaking this rule, amusingly), perhaps if we could see a picture of WW Fado, compared to Ocarina of Time Kokiri I could make a better conclusion?

Conor

the over analysing guy
Still, it's a bit strange they'd choose the name Fado Specifically when she has been established as a female character.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
And for Twilight Princess. Fado's the ranch hand. Well, some characters undergo gender changes. Just look at Trainers Blue and Green. Originally, Trainer Green was a guy and Trainer Blue was a girl, but when Green wasn't released in the US, Trainer Blue (Gary MFing Oak) became your rival instead. Trainer Red always stayed the same, and Trainer Yellow was simply Ash Ketchum/Satoshi turned into Red, when he was Red in the first place, so it was Red turned into... Red...

Conor

the over analysing guy
Well it seems nintendo really has a knack for gender confusion! I'm sure everybody's heard enough about the whole Birdo thing by now, but anyway, back onto zelda :p
QQ: are the composer brothers still around in future hyrule?

Conor

the over analysing guy
Hm alright, another one that just plain confused me; where on EARTH was biggoron hiding in the child timeline? The only place I can think of is Gerudo Fortress, he's so huge!

Conor

the over analysing guy
Thanks for taking the time to do that for me ZeldaHunter :), and yeah, as if it wasn't obvious enough already, different Fado's.

I always thought WW Fado was some sort of descendant of the OoT Fado, that way the name would make sense as well as the gender change. For all we know something happened to the Master Sword in between OoT and WW and two other sages (Fado and Laruto) were needed for some reason ? Because there's never any mention of a Wind or Earth Sage in OoT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom