• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mirror Shield

I actually loved LoZ: SS. However, I didn't really like the fact of how they left out the mirror shield in the game. Sure, there were many other shields, but my favorite is the mirror shield. I mean, who didn' t like reflecting Twinrova's(OoT) magic right back at her? I sure did. Anyway, I actually was very dissapointed when I finished SS and the mirror shield wasn't in the game. What do you guys think? Should there have been a mirror shield or not? Please comment!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I always felt the mirror shield was just a waste of potential item. TP did it right...you just learn a new skill to reflect energy and forget the mirror shield. SS went even further beyond. It'd be great if it weren't for the bloody stamina for a shield...

I agree, the mirror shield needs to return. It is my favorite shield in the legend of zelda, and probably one of my favorite items in all of zelda. I wish it was in skyward sword, but in Lanayru Mining Facility if you shield bash a beamos while its shooting a ray at you its kinda like reflecting with a mirror shield.

For the amount of shields on offer in SS i figured that somewhere during the game i was going to come across a shield that could be upgraded into it or find it in a dungeon but instead we got a lot of original shields that made things feel a little disappointing for me, i'd have liked to have seen the Mirror Shield in SS because it looked awesome in WW, i'd have liked to have seen SS's spin on it because the Hylian shield looks awesome, i'm sue the mirror shield would have... maybe in Zelda U =]

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I really don't think the Mirror Shield has a place in Skyward Sword and this is simply because we don't actually control the shield; we just shield bash on the off chance that we need the shield. No movement direction, just one attack. Placing the Mirror Shield in SS would be a waste of a potential item; there aren't even enemies that are sensitive enough to light to even warrant the beauty. I mean, like Spirit I would've loved to see SS' spin on the Mirror Shield (we went from a red lined crescent moon/star in OoT to a gold framed face...thing in MM to a blue framed cool thing in TWW), but it just wouldn't have any real application I'm thinking.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I don't really think it would have worked with SS because it would be difficult to use it for the 1:1 motion controls. There is no angle detector for the Nunchuck, so that kind of gets rid of its use. I don't think it's a bad item, just it's not meant for SS.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I must admit, it would be really cool if Skyward Sword had implemented the Mirror Shield. I'm like you, I really like the Mirror Shield and while its absence didn't hinder Skyward Sword, I think the design team could have done wonders with it.

I didn't really miss the mirror shield. Of course the concept of the mirror shield is awesome, but I've just had so many problems when using it, that it didn't really bother me at all, that it wasn't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom