• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap Best Handheld Game?

I haven't actualy played it yet but from the information it looks like it's one of the best if not the best handheld Zelda game cuz there's tons of things to do like kinstones and tons of heart pieces and it has really good graphics as far as being bright colored and what not AND lots of cool items. Do you think it's the best worst or inbetween?

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I find it the 2nd best, falling behind LA. It is very fun and cheerful o_O Normally I don't like that, but it also had its dark and ominous parts. Like any scene with Vaati :P. It is pretty good.

13foxes

MC is a good game, but definitely not the best.

The good:
- Story. MC has one of the best story in Zelda games imo.*spoilers* I loved when Zelda turned into stone, or how Ezlo turned out to be Vaati's master =D *end spoilers*. And the ending was great.

- Items: All the items were really fun to play with and had unique uses (personally I love the magical boomerang).

The bad:
- The kinstones fusions. They were irritating, you had to go all over the places to get kinstones (I hated cutting the grass to get them), and some fusions couldn't be done when you missed them. One fusion led to another fusion, and that one led to some strange places that you probably didn't remember where they are. And it made me feel like I was doing a chore rather than playing a game. -_-

- Difficulty: The game was too easy and lacks of challenges (I beat it in 2 days or so). I saw very little puzzles, and the enemies were pieces of cake.

So, in my opinion, MC isn't a bad game, but it's not very good either (for a Zelda game). It's just decent. I still prefer LA, OoX and Alttp (GBA version) over it. They're much better than MC.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I haven't actualy played it yet but from the information it looks like it's one of the best if not the best handheld Zelda game cuz there's tons of things to do like kinstones and tons of heart pieces and it has really good graphics as far as being bright colored and what not AND lots of cool items. Do you think it's the best worst or inbetween?
I'd play the game in its entirety before starting to judge it; that's something you'll have to do on a subjective basis.

As for what I thought, I thought MC was pretty good, but I liked LA and the Oracle games much more. I liked MC more than both of the DS games, though. I consider ALttP a SNES game, since that was its original platform, but I loved it on the GBA, too.

Well I'm in the second to last dungeon in Link's Awakening and I've beaten Minish Cap. Minish Cap was a much better game to me. But I still haven't played OoX.

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I think it is but many of my friends think the DS games are the best. Although i hear a lot of complaints about the DS games. But I think MC is the best, mainly because the whole kinstone sidequests, and i know there are a lot of people who hated the kinstones, but i loved it!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If we are talking old school 2D graphics then in my opinion, MC is definitely the best. I have always loved MC. I've played it multiple times over and over again, but to say it's the best overall handheld game might be stretching it because PH and ST are completely different styles of game play but are still handhelds. They have borderline N64 graphics with decent sized maps, dungeons and side quests making them somewhat more impressive than any of the other handhelds. But as I said, 2D wise, MC is the best to me.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
Minish Cap is really good, but I say Phantom Hourglass beats it by just a little. (I'm well aware that I'm weird :dry:).

MC gets about an 8/10 and PH gets an 8.5/10. MC is actually my least favourite handheld Zelda of all time. PH is my favourite.:cool:

I personally feel that the Minish Cap is overrated. It's not a bad game, but I found it to be kind of boring.

Story
There's nothing wrong with the game's story, but it doesn't really stand out, I do think that the Light Force is interesting, and I wonder if it has a connection to the Triforce.

Gameplay
Like all Zelda games the gameplays good.

The game is kind of easy. I was kind of disappointed with the games difficulty.

If you can find the game for a cheap price, then you should buy it, and decide for yourself whether you like it, or not.

OK I just beat the game recently and I LOVE it. Vaati was really cool, being able to turn tiny was awesome, and the items were unique and fun to use (especially the gust jar). The only problem i have with the game is when you fuse kinstones and all you get it a lousy treasure box with another kinstone piece in it. I didn't have any trouble with finding places you unlocked when you fused kinstones cause it marks them on your map. It's definatley the best handheld zelda game i've played.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Judging by what other people are saying (and the epicness of Vaati's music and boss battles)... I would have to say that MC is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom