• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minigames

I'm hoping for a bomb bowling alley. That would be amazing. There will probably also be a shoot the target kind of game, too.

Like Reaca, I kind of want a Bomb-Chu Bowling alley. In Ocarina of Time, it was pretty fun. But the odds of this happening is probably very slim. I would want another mini-game with the birds, like racing, or something like that. Alongside that, I also want stuff like time challenges. Those are always cool ;)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Like Reaca, I kind of want a Bomb-Chu Bowling alley. In Ocarina of Time, it was pretty fun. But the odds of this happening is probably very slim. I would want another mini-game with the birds, like racing, or something like that. Alongside that, I also want stuff like time challenges. Those are always cool ;)

Actually, I think it's highly likely. ...Or at least "bomb bowling", like Reaca said, is. We've already seen that you can roll bombs with the Wii Motion Plus, so why not make a mini-game out of it?

I also think it's likely there will be some kind of archery mini-game, as most of the Zelda games have. Other than that... who knows what they will do?

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I agree about the bomb bowling a little like in Wii Sports but more with the Wii remote plus and less with the buttons. I want to have a boat game a little like in TP. I know a ton of people found that game hard but I thought it was a ton of fun!!

Maybe this is a little too obvious to mention, but there needs to be fishing. I am so enamored with this game's art/music that this might be the first Zelda where I engage in the fishing mini-game for any significant length of time.

Here are my mini-games ideas from my mini-games thread

One of the things that make a Zelda game awesome (at least for me) are the mini-games. I been thinking about some of the mini-games that are perfect with the items they've shown us. (I know there is a similar thread but this is focused on mini-games) Then once Skyward Sword comes out we'll see who thinks the most like Nintendo. :bleh:

1. bomb bowling (Bowling w/bombs)
  2. Wild animal taming (Using the Whip)
  3. Beetle fights (Last beetle flying wins)
  4. Boxing (if the gloves could be used as an item)
  5. Duels (Sword fights)
  6. Bird Races
  7. Running Races (Perhaps utilizing an obstacle course)
  8. Sky diving Roulett (Last one to call their bird and survive wins)
  9. Maybe even Quidditch-ish games (like in Harry Potter but better and cool)

What would make these even more EPIC!!! would be if numbers 3-9 would be multiplayer (local and online)

Tell me what you think and I'd love to hear your ideas!!!

there will be obvious mini-games with the itens: bomb bowling, beetle bombing missions, boat racing, bird trials etc. But for there are going to be excluvise gameplay mechanics mini-games, these are harder to predict...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I figure we'll probably see some archery game like from MM or OoT, except this will be featuring the use of the Wii Motion+. This type of thing will probably not be for everyone, because aiming might be hard for them, but I'd at least like to try it out.

There could be a mini game like the Japanese game show where there is a wall coming towards you but it has a hole in a certain shape and you have fix yourself to that shape or you'll get knocked down to the water. I can see this happening especially with the help of the wiimotion+.

Big Octo

=^)
I always anticipate mini-games, they're one of my favorite parts on the series.

1. I hope that we'll see a Bow and Arrow target-shooting game.
2. A mini-game that makes use of the Beatle.
3. A Clawshot mini-game, reminiscent of Purlo's STAR game from TP.

Only time will tell, but I just can't wait!

Last edited:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I think we will see a lot of motion controlled puzzles. Here's some possibilities. (Skyloft looks huge, so there will be a lot of minigames to play!)

1. Bow and Arrow target shooting (pretty much guaranteed)
2. Bird Flying Targets (confirmed)
3. Beetle rupee/other item collecting with time limit
4. Animal Whipping (maybe)
5. Boss Rush (confirmed)
6. Sword Practice (kinda confirmed from TGS trailer)
7. Bomb Bowling (yeah, almost guaranteed)
8. Bamboo Cutting (confirmed twice)
9. Ball Rolling (the same ball from the Fire Temple)

There are so much more I am thinking of right now, so I might post them later :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom