• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Mini Games You Hate

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Roll Goal or whatever from Twilight Princess annoyed the hell out of me, I always didn't bother with it because of how difficult it was, just screw getting the Frog Lure because the Sinking Lure was just as good and while using it was apparently illegal I'm sure most people didn't care.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Dohdoh's Skydiving is only good for the heart, and getting a Poe. however i have spend 45 mins trying to find the heart on the shovel game in ALttP. screw that game, its lucky you usually break even when digging or i would have broke another controller over that one!

I really don't like fishing in any Zelda game. It just seems like a chore and I don't think it's fun. This is odd, because fishing and Zelda are two of my passions in life.

Skittles

Rainbows!
Any of the minigames from the Oracles series...especially the ones that you MUST do to go on in those games. Required mini-games, like these, are the worse. That also makes the stupid train cart game in SS really bad and stupid too. *sigh*

I'd much rather be fighting enemies, traveling through dungeons, or solving puzzles. We're saving the world, people, not suppose to be playing some stupid (mini) game...xD

ILU

i luv u
I hate most minigames in Zelda! *barely escapes forum with her life*

I just do. At least, minigames post-OoT/MM. I don't know why that is. I guess the classic games' minigames were simplistic enough that I could enjoy them here and there without having to stop and spend too much time on them. Now, they seem less.... mini.

Maybe they're just too involved. I dunno. The only recent-ish one I liked was that flying one in Twilight Princess... Because flying is fun. But not in Skyward Sword. I hate flying in SS...

I almost liked that one in SS with the clown guy.... Dodoh? But then I realized NOPE didn't enjoy that one either.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
In my opinion, Roll Goal in TP is evil. It can kiss my shiny white behind.

The Yeti-sledding gets honorable mention. I mean, I like the actual sledding for pleasure, but the second part of it, what you do to get the heart-piece with Yeta... When I decided to do TP 100 percent and therefore had to get that heart piece... ARGH! With the help of ZD's walkthrough, I found out how to get to the shortcut, but Yeta is *still* a dirty-rotten cheater! She'll pinch you literally inches from the finish line if you hitch or slow up one tiny bit!

I've never collected (as yet) all of the Gold Skultullas in Ocarina of Time. I actually *like* some of the other collection quests in the games (I *adored* the rabbit-hunting in Spirit Tracks, for instance) and I thought the Gratitude Crystal thing in Skyward Sword was pretty cool (how it gave you insight into various NPCs), but the Gold Skultullas are just... kind of there. And optional (I tend to get enough of them to upgrade my wallet), but as much as I'd like to help the poor cursed family, there are too many of the bloody things! One of the Mask of Truth statues tells you that there are 100 of them. 60 of anything is bad enough, but 100? Forget it. Apathy conquers compassion!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Any game involving that giant clown dude in SS. I hate that thing, the games suck.
Bombchu Bowling ughhhhh those freaking cuccos
Choosing the dogs in the MM race gets on my nerves
Oh and my personal not so favourite, the skull children in the Lost Woods in OoT where you have to follow their longarse song for a heart piece

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'd have to go with Dodoh's Skydiving Game from Skyward Sword.

I'm usually a big fan of Mini-Games within the Zelda franchise, it's nice to sometimes relax and play a game without having the burden of saving Hyrule and facing evil. In a way it's just nice to differentiate away from the main quest and take part in more "casual" activities. However this Mini-Game is something I'd rather not see again.

I quite like Mini-Games that incorporate some kind of skill, in a series were skill is bliss it's nice to see some form of skill being present even if it's in snippets. However this Mini-Game in particular seemed to focus on luck rather than skill. Now i know there was a certain degree of skill in dodging and such as well as timing however I felt I just got cheated time and time again. It's embarrassing really, I must have spent anywhere up to 3 hours alone on this one Mini-Game and all for a Heart Piece I didn't really need. I think it was just the fact that this game seemed to focus on sheer luck rather than skill, therefore I couldn't learn from my mistakes, I followed the same pattern numerous times and fell short time and time again :/ I think it's safe to say that if i do play SS again then I will be avoiding this Mini-Game.

LumiGem

He gave me LOADED DICE!
Any minigame involving racing or skydiving. Well basically anything that needs speed and/or has the typical if-you-don't-get-it-absoleutly perfect-you're-gonna-start-all-over-again thing.
It's worse when you have to do them! :(

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
CURSE YOOOOU ROLL GOAL.

I'd definitely put it at the top of my list, because it's literally the only thing keeping me from having 100%ed TP. In the end I just excluded it from "my" version of 100%ing just to give myself some peace of mind. That file has at least 126 hours played on it (most of which is me messing around), but I know for a fact at least 5-10 of those are purely failed Roll Goal attempts. That's how badly I sucked at it, and how much I wanted that frog lure :kawaii:

Honorable mentions? Uh... definitely that Goron Dance game in OoA. I swear I had so much more trouble with it than I did the Subrosian one =__=;
I remember having to close my eyes and just do it purely using sound, because watching them move kept confusing me so much... it's not even really a mini-game either, since you have to complete it not once, but twice to get into the 6th dungeon, and being compulsory made it so much worse. Arrgh.

JoeDeLait

Zig Zag Wanderer
The Goron and Subrosian dancing in the Oracles seemed odd things to be made compulsory to progress through the game. And though it isn't really a mini game, but you do get a piece of heat from it, what annoyed me was Maple. I swear I crashed into her about 1000 times before she dropped the piece of heart, and when she did it was right beside her so i had no chance to get it. Grrrrr.

Does fishing in OoT count as a minigame. Because I really hate it.

Any minigame that is luck based AND required for 100% completion is frustrating. (I'm talking to you Dampe.) Luck games are fine when a heart piece or gear upgrade isn't involved though because I never play them ;)

Salem

SICK
Fishing in the wii version of TP(haven't played the gcn one).

Also I kinda liked roll goal....

The f***ing Goron Dance from Oracle of Ages. It's ridiculously difficult (at least for me) and the worst thing about it is that, unlike most bad mini-games in Zelda, you have to beat it to progress.

I guess I would have to go with Dodoh's skydiving, but I have to say I love the digging game in OoT 3D because if you won't to create a file where you have three rows of hearts all you have to do is keep digging you will just keep getting heart pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom