• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna and Zant's Relationship

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I don't think 'crush' is a really fitting word.

Zant is a thoroughly toxic personality, sociopathic at least, likely borderline personality disorder.
What is possibly likely is that he desired Midna, perhaps as little more than as a display of control, or as an idealised conquest, possibly as others have said as a legitimising aspect for a usurper. It's doubtful than anybody like Zant could actually love anyone beyond his idealised image of them.

I can't see the neck snap as being related to Midna. A personality like Zant would more likely be resentful of being abandoned by Ganondorf rather than anything he might have done to Midna.
I have had thoughts very similar to this! My theory is that he was jealous of her being the heir to the throne of the Twilight Realm so he started a relationship with her not revealing his true intentions, then Midna found out what he was up to and cut off the relationship and that's when Ganon pulled up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom