• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microsoft to Reportedly Drop Xbox One DRM

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Desperate? Excuse me but that was R U D E ! They are showing GENUINE CONCERN for the customers ! They dropped their perfectly okay policies just to cater to the demands of whiny gamers ! How is that desperation !

Because it seems like they were like "Oh, ****, people hate the Xbox One. We should pull our heads out of our *** if we want to even be in this console war."

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Because it seems like they were like "Oh, ****, people hate the Xbox One. We should pull our heads out of our *** if we want to even be in this console war."

Hardly at all. Again they dropped their PERFECTLY FINE digital rights managements just to cater to the demands of the atypical "gamer" ! That is true concern for the THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS of consumers! They are showing true heart, the opposite of that devilish Japanese company "Nintedor" or whatever !

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
GENUINE CONCERN for the customers, good joke.
More like GENUINE CONCERN for the lack of customers they were going to have if they kept the policies.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Hardly at all. Again they dropped their PERFECTLY FINE digital rights managements just to cater to the demands of the atypical "gamer" ! That is true concern for the THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS of consumers! They are showing true heart, the opposite of that devilish Japanese company "Nintedor" or whatever !

No, this is them trying to get more money because they knew people didn't like the console.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Well this was a smart move on their part, they might be able to do an Xbox180 (best thing I've heard all day, as it's 8:15am) on this and turn things around. They would have still lost quite a few customers to Sony already though.

Don't forget though the Kinect is still always watching, always listening :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Xbox 180? Too bad it didn't 180 my decision to buy a PS4. :V

Get bent, Microsoft.
Oh my goodness how could you do that to Microsoft! They LOVE you! Love them...you know what, screw it.

Your comment made me spit out my mocha due to its hilarity. xD 10/10

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
196490_490085711068175_1529676678_n.jpg

060.png

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well of this does come into fruition then it makes them "extremely" more competitive, it's that simple. DRM is the anchor that's holding them down at the moment and probably one of the main factors that makes the PS4 seem like a more logical investment to some.

Personally DRM doesn't affect me nor does it a large portion of their market as we are in are in a world with increased globalisation, Internet connectivity and access and is indefinitely increasing, so I can see why they went for the initial choice. However, people like to pick up on flaws and then discriminate, so if this does indeed happen, then I guess the proportion of "haters" will just find something else to complain about as per usual.

Not everyone critisising the XBone were "haters" in the way you're insinuating. I find this turnaround to be a positive thing, I'm still on the fence on getting one, and certainly will not pre-order it (but I never pre-order consoles or buy them at launch, simply because they are too highly priced and there are hardly any games out that I wanna play at that point), but now that they are showing more reasonability by actually listening to our concerns instead of just insisting on plowing ahead with policies that would make most sour experience for most gamers (because at some point we all experience loss of internet connection for a few days, and it made no sense that no internet connection would mean I couldn't enjoy playing my games offline - especially considering that is all I do with my games - I don't play online, never have, probably never will).

The price tag is what it is, but once the people who NEED to have the consoles at launch have bought theirs and some time has passed, it will drop, just as it always will and by the time it's more affordable there will be plenty more games to choose from. By that time we'll also have had plenty of feedback from other customers, and know better what we're actually buying (and there's always the option not to buy if we don't want to).

Microsoft still have some damage control to do, but it's a step in the right direction, and I'm very happy about it since I'm an X-box girl and this mean the console might just end up being buyable and playable in the end, which means I won't have to choose between either getting a useless console or potentially giving up the exclusive titles that I would have enjoyed playing.

I really don't see why people are so adamant that we HAVE to pick one or the other in terms of XB and PS. Honestly, before this 180, I was pretty clear on my choice, I was going to abstain from getting either console. Not because I had issues with the PS4, but simply because I have no interest in it whatsoever. I also wasn't going to get the XBone, because it was trampling all over my freedom to play games the way I want. Now I'm more on the fence with the console, because most of the issues I had with it is being changed (the obligatory Kinnect is still a concern, that I can agree with).

I honestly don't see how the other company's policy should have anything to do with whether or not we buy this company's console. If the PS4 is what appeals to you, no matter what M$ does is gonna change that, same goes for the XBone in terms of what Sony does. The only people M$ can affect by their change of policy are their own customers, the ones that would have gotten the XBone if they hadn't tried to force a bunch of things that people simply didn't want. Those are the people who could potentially to be persuaved back into buying the console.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There are still issues with Xbox One which will keep it from success.

- It's still $100 more than the PS4.
- It's less powerful than the PS4.
- It's still requires you to use the Kinect.
- It will monitor you with the Kinect.
- The Xbox name has already been tainted.
- PC is a better choice in the upcoming generation of gaming.
That is offensive ! It is cheaper than a PC! The Kinect will tear open a new world into gaming ! It will destroy the Wii U Gamepad, just you wait ! PC is far more expensive than the Xbox One ! Microsoft shows GENUINE CONCERN for the everyday consumers but the realm of PC is harsh! You have so many graphics cards but never a unified purchase ! With Xbox One you will be playing the same game with the same settings as everyone else with no FPS lag ! With PC you have the very easy potential of playing a game only on all LOWS with still FPS lag, which is a DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE than the people playing on Ultras at 60+FPS ! Xbox One will destroy all of the competition - including PC - in due time ! I am now showing my full support for the glorious console!

LONG LIVE MICROSOFT! <3

Well of this does come into fruition then it makes them "extremely" more competitive, it's that simple. DRM is the anchor that's holding them down at the moment and probably one of the main factors that makes the PS4 seem like a more logical investment to some.

Personally DRM doesn't affect me nor does it a large portion of their market as we are in are in a world with increased globalisation, Internet connectivity and access and is indefinitely increasing, so I can see why they went for the initial choice. However, people like to pick up on flaws and then discriminate, so if this does indeed happen, then I guess the proportion of "haters" will just find something else to complain about as per usual.

well for me and for some, I got really poor internet so this 24/7 check online thing was a MAJOR issue. but DRM is still an issue cause i cant connect Online. now that the XB1 wont require to be online well not much i can say, its gone unless MS have something els up their sleeves. but now as for the games, what games can the X box1 have that interest me enough to get it? well None for right now because all the other games they say are coming for it ( and i dont care for sports games ). most will be on the PS4 and the wii U, Both which are cheaper then the XB1.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
^Actually, most games announced for XONE are only going to PC/PS4, not Wii U. A damn shame but whatever, we have Mario Zelda and that sells.

^Actually, most games announced for XONE are only going to PC/PS4, not Wii U. A damn shame but whatever, we have Mario Zelda and that sells.

yea i know it does suck..but im still interested in the WII U and the PS4.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Oh God, Vent... :lol:

Also, it was obvious they were going to do this. I still hope they find a way to implement the 'Family Share' feature they talked about, and that feature where your games travel with you (due to the cloud). The XboxOne can do so much more than the PS4 (Sony seems to be playing it safe as far as extra features go, it's just a amped up PS3), so I'll probably wait a year or two and see if its worth the extra $100. Definitely plan on getting both though, at some point.

This decision completely changes my perception of the next generation.

Although the PS4 is the more powerful and cheaper system, Xbox Live is the superior online platform and I applaud Microsoft's efforts in creating more first party exclusives for Xbox One.

Definitely buying an Xbox One soon after launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom