• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microsoft to Reportedly Drop Xbox One DRM

Dan

Wow quite the u-turn ol'beans.
Microsoft to drop Xbox One DRM, region locking

Yes Can you guys believe it, we can no longer moan, *****, and tell each other witty definitely not over used xbox jokes, I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life anymore but anyone got any suggestions... oh and I guess hearing your comments on this would be nice... heh...heh heh... yeah. Well anyway this certainly makes me happier, more so because I was going on holiday to an oil rig this summer. :D

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well of this does come into fruition then it makes them "extremely" more competitive, it's that simple. DRM is the anchor that's holding them down at the moment and probably one of the main factors that makes the PS4 seem like a more logical investment to some.

Personally DRM doesn't affect me nor does it a large portion of their market as we are in are in a world with increased globalisation, Internet connectivity and access and is indefinitely increasing, so I can see why they went for the initial choice. However, people like to pick up on flaws and then discriminate, so if this does indeed happen, then I guess the proportion of "haters" will just find something else to complain about as per usual.

Dan

Well of this does come into fruition then it makes them "extremely" more competitive, it's that simple. DRM is the anchor that's holding them down at the moment and probably one of the main factors that makes the PS4 seem like a more logical investment to some.

Personally DRM doesn't affect me nor does it a large portion of their market as we are in are in a world with increased globalisation, Internet connectivity and access and is indefinitely increasing, so I can see why they went for the initial choice. However, people like to pick up on flaws and then discriminate, so if this does indeed happen, then I guess the proportion of "haters" will just find something else to complain about as per usual.

What an immature post, I expected more from you JC. This doesn't explain at all how we can turn this event into something witty, I've already considered making some funny gifs around it. Like some sort of jetfighter shouting mayday mayday drop the DRM and region lock it's too much weight on the Jet, but then it explodes, I'm thinking of presenting it at my wine part this Saturday. :)

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I love how they thanked the community for "their candid freed back"

Its hard to come out of all that looking good.

But at least they did change pre launch.

(do we still require the kinect?)

@JC, its not about picking on a flaw, its about standing up for consumer rights

Big Octo

=^)
I'll believe it when I see it.

However, if I'm going to take their word for it, price is still an issue for me and other consumers. Even though they dropped the DRM and region lock to fair better in the market, half a thousand dollars and lingering Internet hate still presents a problem for Microsoft. Unless they really get the word out, the damage will be difficult to reverse. If they're smart, they'll report this beyond their support blog.

And besides, the Internet will still find a a way to make fun of the Xbox One.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Huh...wonder how this will effect Sony.

Well amazon already had like 7 times the amount of people pre order ps4's then an x1.

And many other places too had huge amounts more of ps4 pre orders, so, those people already decided, and probably not many are going to change their mind (you know of course a few will) but most won't.

Microsoft will provably be fine in the long run, but Sony has already going to have a much larger install base of gamers.

plus the price being 100 dollars more on the X1 helps sony too.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Happened quicker than I predicted! Wow. Now the real question is, will people continue to be stubborn about this? ;) I hope people can just concede MS made a mistake and see MS listened to the feedback, just like they did say they did to a lot of cynicism, and righted it. I can respect MS for this. Even though I personally didn't care and was planning on getting one, I'm happy for everyone that they stopped it. I'm happy for everybody who disliked it, and I hope people give MS a fair shot again. I mean, these features weren't ideal so, even though I personally didn't really mind them I am of course happy they're not the case anymore. These were very pro-developer features, but I guess gamers really did feel quite wronged.

A very, very, very competitive and aggressive move by Microsoft here, and pegs them at much more equal footing against the Playstation 4, now. It's moves like this that keep companies on top. Sony's lost a lot of the extra footing they had. It's too early to say anything of course, and I expect the Xbox will continue to cater to Western fans and the PS4 for fans of Japanese titles, though having said that Sony losing MGS, FF15 and KH3 as exclusives really has kicked them in the knackers in that regard. But then PS4 is still $100 cheaper. So, it's anybody's game now.

Good job Xbox Team! :)

This is good new, I guess. But you have to remember, it's still $100 more expensive than the PS4 and Kinect is still required.

In other words, Microsoft dug themselves part of the way out of the hole that they dug themselves into.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Serves the *****es right. They still aren't getting my money.

I am sorry for my initial post, that was obviously rude and BIASED oh my God! We have to keep an open mind about these things! Oh my goodness I will spread applause and I will purchase the Xbox One. Yes it is $500 but it is still targeted towards the RICH and STABLE Internet users as we all know! The Kinect will open a new venue for gaming - far better than the Wii U!

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I wouldn't call this good news. This is the kind of totally adequate news that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and should have been a no brainer for Microsoft from the beginning.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wouldn't call this good news. This is the kind of totally adequate news that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and should have been a no brainer for Microsoft from the beginning.

But this is wonderful news ! You should support the Xbox One because they CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS! Remember that it's PC master race though ! So what are you waiting for? Grab the Xbox One or preorder it as soon as possible; all of the policies are exactly like on PS4 except we get HALO ! ^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Looks like Microsoft is getting desperate...

Desperate? Excuse me but that was R U D E ! They are showing GENUINE CONCERN for the customers ! They dropped their perfectly okay policies just to cater to the demands of whiny gamers ! How is that desperation !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom