• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Memories of Your First Time Playing Ocarina of Time

D

Derrig

The most notable thing that I remember is being killed by chickens in Kakariko Village back in '02.

B

Bernkastel

My first emory is sitting in my room, clutching my controlling and crying because a dead hand wouldn't stop attacking me. I was like 4....toddlers in fear. :)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
My first memory was the post-Deku Tree cutscene about the creation of Hyrule and the Triforce. Between the music, the visuals, and the backstory itself, I knew I was in for an epic game and my excitement and anticipation of its release was justified.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I remember when I first played Ocarina of Time. I rented it from Blockbuster the first time, but I soon bought the game afterwards. I remember that I couldn't figure out how to reach the third dungeon (Jabu-Jabu's belly) for a long time. It was because I couldn't
locate that message in a bottle in Lake Hylia.
I spent a lot of time replaying the first two dungeons, though, trying to look for clues I might have missed. What ultimately saved me, though, was Nintendo Power's coverage of the game. I didn't know to look for walkthroughs online back then.

After getting past that part, I managed to find my way through the game all the way up to the Water Temple, where I got stuck for several months and ended up just replaying the game up to the point rather than trying to get past it. I eventually found a guide that helped me get through it. Of course, there was also this thing where I was terrified of ReDeads, and kept imagining that there were invisible ReDeads everywhere in real life. It was so bad that I would actually hum the
Sun's Song
before walking past. The Market as an adult, Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple were the main triggers of this. They were REALLY creepy for someone my age, and totally unexpected after the relatively cheerful and bright first part of the game. It all went away after I beat the game, though. Seeing Hyrule cleansed of evil was enough to make me feel safe again.

The game definitely had a magical feeling to it. It was the best game I ever played on the Nintendo 64, and it's probably the only reason I don't regret owning one. The Nintendo 64 didn't have a lot of good games like the SNES before it or the Gamecube after it, IMO. I can count the games I got for it that I actually liked on one hand... Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Majora's Mask, and Donkey Kong 64. Just four, out of my entire library of 13... and I didn't even pick up Majora's Mask until 2005 at a used game store. I had somehow overlooked it.

Last edited:
B

Bernkastel

Now that I really think about it, I have another memory, and I think this was my first one. It was walking, rolling, or running through Hyrule because I was confused about what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom