• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Medli, is She the Only Female Rito?

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I was just curious because yes, they mention Komali's grandmother, but you never see her, and the game doesn't exactly explain what happened to her/where she is, although we usually kind of assume. It also appeared to me that one of the guards mentions his girlfriend. But yet, you never see her, and I didn't see her on the other island either. So either she isn't shown or she's not a Rito. But yet the golden feathers are adored by winged girls, so you'd think...anyways. My speculation is that female Rito are rare and every one born is trained to be a specialized servant to Valoo. What do you think?

I think it is because Nintendo did not have enough resources to make more Rito models for the Wind Waker. Since they cut out dungeons in Wind Waker, chances are that Nintendo did not want to fill characters that have no purpose to the game aside from making it huge.
As for Komali's grandmother, they mention that she died recently and her death was the reason why Komali was such in a bad state:
"However, his grandmother passed recently, and Komali seems lost. His confidence is...gone. His grandmother was always with him, you see." — A Rito
So personally, I think there are numerous female Ritos on Dragon Roost Island, but just like how Outset Island or Windfall Island have small population in-game, they are inaccessible to find.

Last edited:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
No, because I talked to this adult Rito dude, and he said to bring him joy pendants or something, for his GIRLFRIEND!!!!!

the girlfriend was mentioned in the opening post.

i assumed there are a lot of other rooms and stuff we can't go to where other Rito are

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
You know, theirs hardly any female of other races. The Zoras only have one per game. For Ocarina of Time they had Princess Ruto. For Majoras Mask they had LuLu and for Twilight Princess they had Queen Rutela! Also for the Deku in Majoras Mask they only had the Deku Princess. And for Rito only Medli! Maybe it's because Nintendo thinks the game is more for males (Which is kind of true). But it is odd we don't see a lot of female race. I guess the Gerudo makes up for the loss of females.

There were at least two female zoras in twilight princess, one of them helped out with the river game and the other was the queen. But in all honesty, the characters simply weren't needed but they do exist. It's not specifically said what the differences in gender are for the different races but they do exist. For instance, Princess Ruto was the only female MENTIONED outright but she probably wasn't the only one...

As far as every female rito being a servant for Valoo... it's not likely. We know that there are multiple female rito out there just never seen, and we also know that there's only one servant which at this point in time is/was Medli. I think what everyone's trying to say as well is that there's no need to put more characters in than necessary just to show gender and use up needed memory space.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
There have to be more female ritos than we're seeing. They couldn't produce such a large number with only one or two. I mean, that's simple logic. I know, where's the evidence? There really isn't any. But you just know that there are more.

J

jokekid

its more likely the game couldve got rid of some males in order to put in some females... only humans have lots of female representation, im not talking about existance, but representation...

there's more female ritos than Medli i was just playing windwaker and one the workers was a female she was the one carrying the clipboard.

Last edited:
I don't recall there being a female Goron. I'd like to see that. I don't think I remember seeing any female Mogma either. Wow, what a sexist game to anything but human. Oh, and it's not a space issue. There's plenty there, trust me. Even for WW, they could have optimized the ending (which takes up about half the disc) better to make room. There is one other race that has a 1:1 ratio of genders...the yetis in TP, lol. Then again, there's the Gerudo, of course, and I don't think I've seen any male Sheikah. Only different versions of Impa and a fake that turned out to be female anyway.

D

Dakunaito

That is a true point that there is only one... and a female Goron would just be.... ew.... but I think that it was mostly Nintendo deciding that the males in all the races are the superior ones and just decided to stick to that theory... and maybe they were crunched for time and couldn't come up with a decent sketch for a female population in any of the races

Djinn

and Tonic
Even if they are not seen they are mentioned several times. All based around the golden feather collecting.

A certain strangeness emanates from this beautifully shining golden feather. Winged girls are said to be fond of these treasures.
So, with all the adventuring you do...
Did you happen to find a Golden Feather?

My girlfriend, she's wanted one of those
things for the longest time.

And actually, I kind of promised that I'd
send one to her...
Hey! That's what my girlfriend wants!
A Golden Feather!
Dear [player_name],
I recently received some Golden Feathers
from my boyfriend, who mentioned you.

I'm something of a bird enthusiast, so I
know how hard it must've been to get all
of these feathers.

I want you to be as happy as we are,
[player_name], so I'm sending you this
[?] as a token of our affection.
That's a Golden Feather, isn't it?

Of course I recognize it!
All Rito girls idolize those things!

I think the developers were trying to just save space by having only the essential characters around and just not making models for non essential people like other Ritos. etc. So there are female Ritos in existence, they are just not seen by the player because there is no reason for Link to interact with them. The case is not as ambiguous as the mystery of female Gorns. There has not been a female Goron spotted in any of their many many game appearances.

HAHA ive never noticed but u are right. other than komalis grandma, though, there is one more that is mentioned in a sidequest. the rito man who asks for golden feathers has a rito girlfriend who really loves those feathers. also one mapfish does mentions that golden feathers are all the rage with rito girlS (plural). although i do never see them :( girls can be maildeliverers too. but i guess they would have to make special hair for alll the rito girls like medli then huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom