• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
No one has said anything about this yet, but in the demo link did have the master sword (correct me if I am wrong.) So does this crush the theory of the story of this game being the origin of the sword, and that it won't be in the game? I was just wondering what everyone was thinking of this.

It's the skywars sword, not the master sword, my theory is that through the game the sword will gain its power to repell evil and give birth to the Master Sword

It's the skywars sword, not the master sword, my theory is that through the game the sword will gain its power to repell evil and give birth to the Master Sword
Skyward Sword is the title of the game, not necessarily the sword. What I mean is, it's fully possible that rather than the name of the game being the name of the sword, it's a description of the sword.

Yes, the sword shown did look a LOT like the Master Sword. Almost identical actually. Based on that, it could very well have it. The only things that have stated the Master Sword will not be in the game are rumors, so it's not like they lied to us. We'll have to see since they didn't show us any story stuff, but it's possible that we will see an origin of the Master Sword, or at least learn about it.

Think about it. Blade of Evil's Bane? Doesn't that make you think of the Goddesses?

Ya Skyward Sword is the position of Link holding the sword up in the air kinda like when Link defeated the bublin king in TP on the bridge of eldin and raised his sword high in the air. I think its a cool name when you have the picture of what it means in your head.
Got this info from 3e.nintendo.com bonus video interview with iwata and myamato.
Plus its a gameplay mechanic. It's definately the master sword.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This was simply a demo people. Link starts off with the Master Sword in this game for unknown reasons until Nintendo has revealed it to us. However if I were to guess, I'd say that Nintendo had planned for the Master Sword to originally be a regular blade for the beginning of the game until it is eventually blessed by the Goddesses later on, and is used to banish some ancient evil.

M

Mychael612

Yeah, I'm fairly sure, looking at some of the pics, that the sword looks almost exactly like the Master Sword of previous games. I do like the idea of the Master Sword starting out as an ordinary blade, and then being blessed by the goddesses. But that would almost seem a bit like WW when you think about it. I do think that the title Skyward Sword is more of a description of the blade, rather than the name.

This was simply a demo people. Link starts off with the Master Sword in this game for unknown reasons until Nintendo has revealed it to us. However if I were to guess, I'd say that Nintendo had planned for the Master Sword to originally be a regular blade for the beginning of the game until it is eventually blessed by the Goddesses later on, and is used to banish some ancient evil.

^ This is what you have to understand guys. We only saw a demo. We got nothing about any storyline or anything. For all we know, what we saw could be some demo stage made up a couple of weeks before E3 that was only used to show some gameplay. In all likelihood, that may very well be true. However, the sword shown was the Master Sword, so yes, it will be there. Also, it is likely that you won't even get the sword until later in the game. Regardless, I think it is obvious that the Master Sword will be the most important item since the game itself is obviously based off of it.

Skyward Sword is the name of the game, not the sword. The sword in the trailer and screenshots is clearly the master sword.

As everyone else said, I'm quite sure it's the Master Sword. I mean, it's hilt was purple, the cross guard had the same shape, it had that little widening of the blade near the cross guard, and it's sheath was very similar to the Master Sword's. What else could it be? Anyways, I'm pretty sure that Link had 6 hearts throughout the trailer, so maybe he'd already gone through the first three dungeons, and had just gotten the Master Sword. Whether or which, if there were six hearts, it's probably not the beginning of the game, so the Master Sword very well might not be what he starts with.
As for the whole Skyward Sword thing, you could take that a few different ways, but since they said something about holding the sword upwards to gain some sort of power, I imagine that's what it's talking about.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
it does seem strange that link would have the master sword with no other sword shown, thereby implying that it's the first sword you get... which usually you have to pass some trials first

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
Wow, you guys had a lot to say while I was gone. Anyway, I hope we get more info about this soon, and I also hope the game is the origin of the Master Sword because that would be a very interesting story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom