• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Masamune=Biggoron?

Scrub

Scrubbiest of scrubs
Once, in the 13th and 14th century Japan, there was an unimaginably skilled swordsmith. His name was Masamune. I believe that Biggoron is a reference to Masamune. One reason I think this is because, in Majora's Mask, Link(The goron) Says goro in between alot of his sentences. Goro is Masamune's first name. Those who know about Masamune, please comment with your ideas.

Interesting observation. However, it may not have much of a connection because it's not mentioned anywhere else in any Zelda game but who knows.

The only other game that I'm aware of with the name Goro is in Mortal Kombat ;)

B

Bétùm

Goro-Link in PH definitely supports that...

(Also, the sword Masamune in the Chrono series does give precedent for game developers paying homage to him.)

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
He says "Goro" all the time cuz he's a "Goron". all the Gorons do it, so i would just say it's a coincidence that his name is Goro.

Scrub

Scrubbiest of scrubs
(Also, the sword Masamune in the Chrono series does give precedent for game developers paying homage to him.)
Yes, Masamune(and Muramasa, another famous swordsmith) are very commonly referenced to in the world of anime, manga, video games and movies. Anyone who has played Final Fantasy 7(awesome game btw) might know that Sephiroth's sword is named Masamune.

Yes, Masamune(and Muramasa, another famous swordsmith) are very commonly referenced to in the world of anime, manga, video games and movies. Anyone who has played Final Fantasy 7(awesome game btw) might know that Sephiroth's sword is named Masamune.

Not just FF7, most of the Final Fantasy games have a sword named either Murumasa or Masamune. I think these are common names for the best swords in games, and your theory would not surprise me. Nintendo may have named the Gorons after Goro Masamune, just for that reference! I can't believe I never saw this. Great observation my friend!:)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
That's really cool! There are a lot of subtle Japanese mythology references (-ku as in Deku is part of the name of the tree kami, or god; I did Japanese mythology as my big 8th-grade Language Arts research report) so it's highly possible that is meant to be a reference.

That's really cool! There are a lot of subtle Japanese mythology references (-ku as in Deku is part of the name of the tree kami, or god; I did Japanese mythology as my big 8th-grade Language Arts research report) so it's highly possible that is meant to be a reference.

I love to see that too. And I had to do that too! I think I did Chinese dragons or something? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom