• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario Movie

4laji6wi6cp71.jpg

As I'm sure many of you saw last night, the cast of the Mario movie has been revealed and it's...Well, you can form your own opinion. Personally, I think it's shaping up to make the live action movie look like a masterpiece. It's difficult to imagine worse casting if you try.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Dio

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The cast seems alright so far, but it feels kind of weird to judge it right now. Makes me wonder how early the film is in development that they couldn't even muster up a trailer for it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Not sure what I think. I guess for the most part I am ok with the casting, but Chris Pratt as Mario is the one that seems weird to me. I'm thinking he isn't going to be doing a different voice, so we are just going to get Chris Pratt's normal voice as Mario.

The rest of the cast is fine I guess. Seth Rogan as DK hit me for a curve though, for some reason I never would have thought to have him voice DK.

Fig

The Altruist
Best case scenario, it's going to be the most memeiest movie of all time. If it is any good, it's because Jack Black is going to carry the film on his back. I I can say the same for Key as Toad depending on how involved Toad is going to be in the movie. I'm still bothered that despite Charles Martinet being in the movie, he's not the voice of either Mario or Luigi which I personally believe is a downgrade, especially with Pratt being the talk of the town since the reveal.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I'm legitimately excited ngl. I don't really have any connection to the cast, and I'm a bit disappointed that they probably won't be doing Italian accents or sound like in the TV show, but I still think it'll be fun to watch. At the very least we know it'll be visually appealing, and tbh a full length animated Nintendo film is still something I will very much enjoy regardless of quality.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I was sorta hoping it wouldn't go in a memey direction and we can get a straight mario movie, but this cast list sorta dashes any hope I had for that

its gonna be a surreal experience no matter what, won't have to wait long now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom