• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Males Vs Females Game

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?

I know the feel too well.

Completely factor everything and then set each () = 0. [like x+1=0, x+2=0, etc. the 2 and 4 make x=0, I believe.]

This is of a parabolic function. So there must only be 2 answers. I did this so far:

2(x+1)(x+2)-4(x-1)^2=0
(2x+2)(x+2)-4(x^2-2x+1)=0
2x^2+4x+2x+4-4x^2+8x-1=0
-2x^2+14x+3=0

Then I have to find 2 numbers with the product of -6, and sum of 14 o_O

I think I've gotten something really wrong, and am too sleepy to see it. Meh. I'll just leave it. It's not a test actually. Just a quiz. So hopefully, other questions would be there. I understand all the other questions. Just not this one :P I'm probably just doing a really stupid mistake, and can't see it :lol:

You don't need to bother trying to correct me. I'm logging off now, and getting to bed.

So good night everyone ^^

Also, happy VE day :)

Edit: I think I found the mistake. It was in the 2nd line. (2x+2) isn't supposed to be bracketed. But then I got the solution as x=0 and x=-3. And the answer is x=0 and x=7. Meh. I'll look at it tomorrow in the morning.

Last edited:

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?

How I solved it:
2(x+1)(x+2) -4(x-1)^2=0
2(x^2+3x+2) -4(x^2-2x+1)=0
2x^2+6x+4-4x^2+8x-4=0
-2x^2+14x=0
14x=2x^2
7x=x^2

x=7or0

Thank you so much :) That makes so much more sense :) I shouldn't do homework half asleep next time :lol:

The math quiz went great, by the way :) It was so easy! I most likely got 100%, but math's unpredictable. One negative instead of a positive can get the whole answer wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom