• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Males Vs Females Game

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

1. Sounding the Seventh Trumpet (2001) (Synyster Gates was not in the band until part way through recording this, so he's only on one song)
2. Waking the Fallen (2003) (first album with bassist Johnny Christ)
3. City of Evil (2005)
4. Avenged Sevenfold (2007) (last album with The Rev <3)
5. Nightmare (2010) (First album without The Rev <3 Mike Portnoy subbed)
6. Hail to the King (August 27, 2013) (First album with new drummer, Arin Ilejay)

You are correct on that

I don't often listen to the first two though, since they're Metalcore, and I can only take so much of that

Ask me any A7X question, I could probably answer it

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1

True that. You will never find me listening to Sounding the Seventh Trumpet in most cases. Waking the Fallen, however, is a different story. I felt like some of the songs were going into the transitional point in which the A7X musical style would evolve into what City of Evil was. For example, in Waking the Fallen, I listen to "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold - YouTube often!

EDIT: What about the album, Diamonds in the Rough? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0xlTXf-CgvA (If I remember, this album came before Nightmare.)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

I love Unholy Confessions <3

What's your favourite album? Mine's Nightmare. And my favourite song is either Fiction or So Far Away (I like Fiction because it's a piano orientated ballad, sort of like Warmness of the Soul. Plus, the Rev sings in it ^^)

Mido

Version 1
(I listened to "Fiction" once, I never listened to it again; just hearing The Rev after his death was pretty emotional. :cool:)

Hmm, I think my favorite album would have to be Avenged Sevenfold, as my favorite song is Afterlife!

For Nightmare, I always liked Welcome to the Family.

Mido

Version 1

Agreed!

My intro to the band was through Beast and the Harlot, just a solid song, overall. Speaking of which, I haven't heard it in a long time. Thinking about City of Evil, I also like Seize the Day. :yes:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love Seize the Day.

Bat Country was the first song by them that I learned to play on drums (which is surprising, because it's actually one of their harder ones)

EDIT: I forgot to 40 :sweat:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

I like So Far Away, Fiction, Dear God, Warmness of the Soul, Seize the Day, Buried Alive, and Tonight the World Dies (those are my favourites of their slow songs)

Mido

Version 1

Dear God and Seize the Day definitely top my list in that category.

Overall, my top ten would have to be:
1. Afterlife
2. Welcome to the Family
3. Unholy Confessions
4. Seize the Day
5. Dear God
6. Beast and the Harlot
7. M.I.A.
8. Scream
9. Almost Easy
10. Crossroads

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

Not much of a Nightmare fan?

I think that album had their greatest musical diversity, while still keeping the heavy metal sound that they're known for. It's got classic heavy metal style songs (Nightmare, Danger Line, etc), it's got Metalcore (God Hates Us), it's got ballads (Fiction, Tonight the World Dies), it's got a song written as a tribute to their dead band member (So Far Away), and it's got a song that combines all of those styles (Save Me, which is, imo, one of the best album closers). Their other albums, especially avenged Sevenfold, had lots of diversity (like string arrangements in City of Evil and Avenged Sevenfold, whatever A Little Piece of Heaven is, and even a country song). But Nightmare had more overall instrumentation in all of its songs, and a very diverse one at that.

I like your list mostly, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom