• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora's Mask: Voice Acting? *Redirect to blogs in thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlotlinePlus

PlotlinePlus
I identify as straight white mail. So put a stamp on me and ship me the heck outta here.
Yeah, you read title that right. The unholy words have been written. Let the hate begin.
Now, with that out of the way. I have recently been taking older games and completely redubbing them. Sound effects, music, even voices. And I want to do Zelda: Majora's Mask. This is not meant to be an improvement on the source material, just a new, novel way to view it.
But alas, I needs voice actors. People willing to try their best not to make this another Zelda CDI. Passionate Zelda Fans. I'm an adult, going into this with am adult mindset... So just relax about the topic and have fun! Have a cool voice? Have a Mic?
I'd like to see this project take flight.

-Jonathan

Dang it! a week after my laptop breaks, this shows up! I'll get back to you later with my audition if I can.

SyG

Yeah, you read title that right. The unholy words have been written. Let the hate begin.
Now, with that out of the way. I have recently been taking older games and completely redubbing them. Sound effects, music, even voices. And I want to do Zelda: Majora's Mask. This is not meant to be an improvement on the source material, just a new, novel way to view it.
But alas, I needs voice actors. People willing to try their best not to make this another Zelda CDI. Passionate Zelda Fans. I'm an adult, going into this with am adult mindset... So just relax about the topic and have fun! Have a cool voice? Have a Mic?
I'd like to see this project take flight.

-Jonathan
I'd be interested - it might also be an idea to design NPCs' faces akin to the voice actor. Just a thought though.

Anyway, I'm a Brit so I think that my accent might lend an air of authenticity similarly to Game of Thrones or Skyrim. It may just be me but I think that only Western European accents suit games set in a world similar to medieval history. I know that Zelda is fantasy, but there's this association with what we know; like the things I mentionned above, as well as Lord of the Rings, etc. I hope that doesn't come across as pretentious - just chipping my bit in. : )

PlotlinePlus

PlotlinePlus
I identify as straight white mail. So put a stamp on me and ship me the heck outta here.
Dang it! a week after my laptop breaks, this shows up! I'll get back to you later with my audition if I can.

Don't sweat it. I'm actually in the same position. I've got to order a new battery adapter for my before I can even get started. But I should have it by the middle of next week.
So that's quite some time. Don't worry.

I'd be interested - it might also be an idea to design NPCs' faces akin to the voice actor. Just a thought though.

Anyway, I'm a Brit so I think that my accent might lend an air of authenticity similarly to Game of Thrones or Skyrim. It may just be me but I think that only Western European accents suit games set in a world similar to medieval history. I know that Zelda is fantasy, but there's this association with what we know; like the things I mentionned above, as well as Lord of the Rings, etc. I hope that doesn't come across as pretentious - just chipping my bit in. : )

Nah, you sound fine. But the world in this game is intentionaly strange and foreign. So all accents are welcome.
See, here's how I'm going to do this. Using the Dolphin emulatior and the Zelda anniversary collection, I can control and record the in game camera. Making for more cinematic angles then a regular lets-play video... Thing.
However, I haven't recorded the footage yet. And I just need a hand full of willing participants on hand to either play significant characters and/or NPCs. I wanna bring clock town to life.
If at all possible...

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Sounds like an interesting project, I'd like to help you out with the voicing.
I wouldn't mind trying out for the happy mask salesman if you require a voice actor for him

ZeldaDungeon

Dungeoneer
I have a mildly deep, monotone voice if needed.
Just send me a pm with your IM information if you do in fact need my 'skills'.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
This material is more suited for a blog than a thread. Locking thread now.

(But hey, this sounds really cool! I can't wait to hear more about your progress in the blogs.)

*EDIT* Ok, so I've worked it out with the OP. Here is the link to the blog detailing the voicework, feel free to check it out if you haven't already: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/entry.php?b=11582

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom